• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hey there

Started by Twintrbskies, April 16, 2018, 02:45:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twintrbskies

Guess I should finally post here, Love this forum! Been reading the forum for almost 9 months learning about my ride on the good and the "opportunities". I bought my SHO on July 6th 2017 and been itching to push it more! With the additions below (and adding Meth soon, before the HotRod Power Tour 2018) I have been really happy with this platform. Bought it with 38k Miles and currently sitting at 48K so she is still fresh.

Side Note: If there are people wanting to get a Trans/PTU upgrade developed, I am down. Willing to invest if we see the light at the end of the tunnel. And when I figure out how to post pics, LOL I'll add.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

ZSHO

Welcome aboard the E.B.P.F there Twintrbskies and due post some Pic's of the new ride,thanks for joining.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Welcome to the community, and congrats on the new ride!  You can add pics either by linking images from sites like imgur, or directly attaching the files to your post.  If you MODIFY your post, you should see the ability to add attachments, just below the text box.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

lamrith

Welcome to the party!
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Twintrbskies

Hey thanks guys! Also thank you SHOdded Ill try that this afternoon.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

PDSHO

Welcome, enjoy your time here.

Greg
2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost

StealBlueSho

Welcome! This is THE best forum on the Internet! Lord knows these guys and girls have helped me out a ton.

Which meth kit are you looking at? I highly recommend calling Julio over at Alky Control for a price on his gear. Hands down the best kit available and Julio is fantastic when it comes to support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Welcome to the insanity of the Ecoboost asylum.

Fun platform for sure.

Drivetrain upgrades have proven challenging thus far. But yes, there are owners interested.

Once you gain you bearings here, post up a feeler thread.

Until then......  enjoy!

StealBlueSho

As far as drivetrain upgrades I have contacted my local speed shop, LMS, and Super Six Motorsports...

The local shop said it would be cheaper to buy a new car that already has a drivetrain that can handle the power I am looking for. Basically they would do it, but they would need a blank check and most likely a year or more with the car... they would break it, find out what breaks, and do it again to find all the week links....

LMS would sub the work out to the shop that did their 9 second ecoboost mustang. Cory(I believe) said that the shop may or may not be interested and would call me back if they were... I never received a call back...

I had the money at the time to throw towards it but no one seemed interested or had the knowledge...

My guess is there is a shop out there willing to do it, just gotta find it. The owner of Super Six Motorsports who has a stroker kit for the 3.5 told me to hunt down a good European transaxle shop, they are light years ahead of the domestic shops, and would most likely have some good ideas on how to beef up our setups...

Skydogs

Yeah I want a built trans or at least a good billet converter.  It blows my mind my car still moves with the power I am putting threw the trans. Most builds I have done trans is toast and pulled out in 5,000 miles. LoL
Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned

bpd1151

Blows yours..... Ha......

Blows mine as well. Still on the factory drivetrain everything and I've beaten the snot out of mine with my LOWER track file of 525awhp (equates to 680 at the motor).

I have yet to run my HIGHER file of 617awhp (equates to 805 at the motor) for fear of anticipated drivetrain failures.

So yes, the 6F55 is quite stout for sure.

Leave it to us few goons to push the envelope on it.

Twintrbskies

Quote from: BJSHO on April 19, 2018, 10:54:40 AM
Welcome! This is THE best forum on the Internet! Lord knows these guys and girls have helped me out a ton.

Which meth kit are you looking at? I highly recommend calling Julio over at Alky Control for a price on his gear. Hands down the best kit available and Julio is fantastic when it comes to support.

Absolutely going with Alky Controls kit. Not even a question as I have heard great things about them. Probably in May along with either Megan or BC coilovers. Not sure which ones yet.

Twintrbskies

LOL maybe I should just find a way to buy the PTU's in bulk... you know just in case.  ;D

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Twintrbskies on April 19, 2018, 05:07:22 PM
LOL maybe I should just find a way to buy the PTU's in bulk... you know just in case.  ;D

Would be cheaper than getting someone to develop a new solution...