• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Megan coilover setup

Started by StealBlueSho, March 26, 2018, 01:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Ok... so I have a question...

I have attempted to keep the stock rake on my SHO with the Megans... the way the adjustments work on the megan coilovers is you adjust the plates that sit on top of the springs to make changes on the ride height which in theory doesn't adjust the pre-load etc if done correctly.

My 60ft has not really improved much with the Megans and I wondering if this has more to do with how I have the stance on my car at this point... I am by no means a suspension guru... would having the rear up like I do be screwing the weight transfer at launch causing me to spin the fronts more? The HR springs seem to give the car a flatter appearance and people seem to have good luck with those improving the 60ft times?

Thoughts and opinions?

(Yes... track season has started.. so all my BS questions are coming back..)

derfdog15

Not sure on an AWD setup, but on a RWD car you want the back tight and low, and the front loose so that weight all transfers back to the rear. Some people go as far as running blown struts in front with a nice setup in back to aid weight transfer.

I would think since the SHO is AWD you would want it to be more flat, and not as much of a tilt front to back, similar to race prepped GTRs (though a lot of those guys go to RWD setups). Along with the height/stance, you can look at the stiffness of the springs. If you spin the fronts really bad try loosening the front a little and see if it hooks a bit better.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car