• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MIR 3/25/18

Started by StealBlueSho, March 25, 2018, 01:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on March 26, 2018, 03:47:33 PM
Quote from: stealbluesho on March 26, 2018, 03:35:35 PM
Quote from: bpd1151 on March 26, 2018, 03:32:16 PM
Quote from: stealbluesho on March 26, 2018, 03:28:36 PM
Datalog from AJPTurbo's tune... 12.49 @ 110MPH advancetrac nightmare.. no real boost until end of 2nd gear into the start of 3rd...
I thought that that's what you're desiring is no boost until 3rd gear due to traction issues??

Absolutely not. My bad if my wording gave that assumption. Or you just trolling... one of the two...  Advancetrac cut me off at the knees on that launch...
Never troll my friend.

I thought you posted elsewhere that you desired no boost in 1st and 2nd due to traction issues.

So I was confused. Thus my post.

Moving along, I myself would be HIGHLY skeptical of your believed potential 11.5 run.

But alas I'll digress. I'll see it when you achieve it AND post video of it.

No offense.

Lol.. none taken... feeling a little punchy today.. might have to do with the severe lack of sleep due to the little ones last night... I would have crapped my pants if it ticked over an 11.5 ha!

In any event.. no... I desire boost in first and second... the non-pp sometimes cuts boost when the front tires slip too much and it truncates power to the rear... torque source 15 iirc...

StealBlueSho

Which makes me wonder about your setup.... probably LMS trickery in their programming...

bpd1151

Quote from: stealbluesho on March 26, 2018, 03:55:00 PM
Which makes me wonder about your setup.... probably LMS trickery in their programming...
Lol.

No trickery. Just pure, unabated fun thanks entirely to the wizardry of Dan Millen himself.

I won't ever care to entertain anyone else. Dan has proven his weight in the tuning arena time and time again.

And the records prove that.

Skydogs

I will be running mine as soon as the track opens! Looking good man that advance trac sucks!!! What RPM are you leaving at?
Thanks Skydog
Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned

StealBlueSho

Well... with Brads tune I need to feather the throttle but I try to leave the line around 1900 RPMs... any more and I spin out and any less it bogs...

StealBlueSho

And trying to feather a fly by wire along with throttle controlled boost spikes is a nightmare in its own right...

AJP turbo

I can't see until tomorrow but is that the very last tune you have and did you see tq source 15 in that log?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on March 26, 2018, 07:14:21 PM
I can't see until tomorrow but is that the very last tune you have and did you see tq source 15 in that log?

No, I ran the tune targeting 15psi with stock throttle scaling. And yes, torque source 15...  rev 34 I think.

I sent you an email... I'm thinking of trying a different approach... I think all that spark off the line is killing me... or the boost is coming in too early....  but either way the tune is almost unusable from a dig.. unless it's warm out, the track has a ton of Vht sprayed, and my tires are at 20psi like last year...  then it would hook...

TopherSho

Quote from: stealbluesho on March 25, 2018, 09:17:03 PM
All in all it was an OK day.. 12.4 is not bad overall.. I do believe short of the M3 and VW Golf-R I was the fastest street car there while I was there... Negative DA was nice, the cold track with not a lot of prep was not nice. The MOPAR guys couldn't touch me nor could the GT's.. always good to compare with other cars at the track I think.. kinda confirms its not just me with issues getting out of the hole...

There was another SHO there, stock, ran 14.01 IIRC.. 2015 Black Non-PP... nice lady driving it.

Soooo... I am sitting in the back of the line for T&T and there is a Charger R/T in the left staging lane.. him and the mustang crowd all started to wave at me.. my buddy Nick is like "Dude, they want you want come take that spot in the right lane next to the charger".. I am thinking why the heck does he want me up there?!

Dude runs down to talk to me and sure enough, he wants me up there with him so he doesn't have to run any of the mustangs and look bad.....

So I stare down the line of cars in front of me and I am like "Sure why not?" so I mosey up to the front of the line.. all the mustang guys are laughing.. the Charger guy starts telling me that it our race would be more fair since we are heavy four doors and since I have V6 Taurus, it should be a good run...

He asks me what I normally run.. I said usually in the low 12's but I am running 12.4's today.. The dudes face just crumbles... then he turns around and yells at all the mustang guys "This Taurus is faster than all you MF'ers"... to which they all laughed...

In any event... Mr. Charger and I ran.. he put down a whopping 13.3 and I ran a 12.4 since I am Mr. Consistent today for some reason...

Thats when the Mustang crowd quit talking to me... we were all talking in the pits... oh well... They did have me line up against their buddy with the 2017 Mustang GT with a lund tune and bolt ons... He ran a 12.55 IIRC... but he was running that all night...

Always fun at the track.. I dunno why the Taurus always gets some attention one way or another... today it was because it was the only other fat 4 door in the staging lanes lol...

I may not race this year (I am probably kidding myself ..) but last year under meth in Portland and Woodburn killing the college kids in newer 2015/2016 mustangs was always enjoyable (12.6# all night). it is getting harder though, Ford has been stepping up he TQ and power profile over time and the 2017 is much harder for me to beat.  I wont be beating any 2018's though unless they launch bad..  until I read it recently i had not realized they had gone with new liners,valves,cams and upped the displacement a super tiny bit and monkeyed with the ECM.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevrolet/camaro/2018/2018-chevrolet-camaro-ss-1le-vs-2018-ford-mustang-gt-performance-pack-comparison/

I wont give up my SHO,  but that's a $%^&ing nice 5.01 liter block..
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Skydogs

Wow that new 5.0 going to roll!!! Time for some bigger snails!!! Lol
Boost and meth life!!

bamsho

SBS looking at your slips.. Your losing a tenth in your 60fts no matter what tune your running.  Did they have it prepped at all?  Think you need to stiffen your coil overs a little more.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bamsho on March 27, 2018, 11:58:56 AM
SBS looking at your slips.. Your losing a tenth in your 60fts no matter what tune your running.  Did they have it prepped at all?  Think you need to stiffen your coil overs a little more.

Yea, my 60ft is garbage. I've got the suspension set to as tight as I can get it... short of preloading all the springs....

I'm pretty sure they had it prepped... my best 60ft was 1.80... ever....

Load her up around 2100 RPMs and floor it on go... that's best spot for the LMS tune...

1900 for AJPTurbo... anymore and the ECU fights me...

Tires at 21 psi seem to be best...

PTU is working fine...

Only thing I can think of is drop the rear a bit and loose the rake but I don't think that will make a difference? Strut and coils wont be changed...

Otherwise it's the tires...

Dunno?

Skydogs

I would look at tires man!!
Boost and meth life!!

Skydogs

Boost and meth life!!