• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MIR 3/25/18

Started by StealBlueSho, March 25, 2018, 01:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

For comparison all the Mustang GTs were running 12.5's or worse... tuned etc... gotta funny story about me being pulled to run a 5.7 Dodge Charger RT cause it would be a more fair race....

StealBlueSho

All in all it was an OK day.. 12.4 is not bad overall.. I do believe short of the M3 and VW Golf-R I was the fastest street car there while I was there... Negative DA was nice, the cold track with not a lot of prep was not nice. The MOPAR guys couldn't touch me nor could the GT's.. always good to compare with other cars at the track I think.. kinda confirms its not just me with issues getting out of the hole...

There was another SHO there, stock, ran 14.01 IIRC.. 2015 Black Non-PP... nice lady driving it.

Soooo... I am sitting in the back of the line for T&T and there is a Charger R/T in the left staging lane.. him and the mustang crowd all started to wave at me.. my buddy Nick is like "Dude, they want you want come take that spot in the right lane next to the charger".. I am thinking why the heck does he want me up there?!

Dude runs down to talk to me and sure enough, he wants me up there with him so he doesn't have to run any of the mustangs and look bad.....

So I stare down the line of cars in front of me and I am like "Sure why not?" so I mosey up to the front of the line.. all the mustang guys are laughing.. the Charger guy starts telling me that it our race would be more fair since we are heavy four doors and since I have V6 Taurus, it should be a good run...

He asks me what I normally run.. I said usually in the low 12's but I am running 12.4's today.. The dudes face just crumbles... then he turns around and yells at all the mustang guys "This Taurus is faster than all you MF'ers"... to which they all laughed...

In any event... Mr. Charger and I ran.. he put down a whopping 13.3 and I ran a 12.4 since I am Mr. Consistent today for some reason...

Thats when the Mustang crowd quit talking to me... we were all talking in the pits... oh well... They did have me line up against their buddy with the 2017 Mustang GT with a lund tune and bolt ons... He ran a 12.55 IIRC... but he was running that all night...

Always fun at the track.. I dunno why the Taurus always gets some attention one way or another... today it was because it was the only other fat 4 door in the staging lanes lol...

glock-coma

Classic story, the fat belle at the ball turned into the BEAST and ate all the mofos dinner while they were watching.
You represented us well.

Was the mustang guy in the classy sweatpants flipping you the bird in that one pic?
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

bpd1151

I loved the story myself.

Dyno-miiiiiiiiiiite !

Yea, the 'Stang owners never seem to be to happy with our platform constantly spank'n them. That's for sure.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: glock-coma on March 25, 2018, 09:58:22 PM
Classic story, the fat belle at the ball turned into the BEAST and ate all the mofos dinner while they were watching.
You represented us well.

Was the mustang guy in the classy sweatpants flipping you the bird in that one pic?

Lol... I didn't even think of that story line.. but very fitting for today. I ended up going against that red mustang in the picture... the owner of that one is the guy to the right with the red hat on.. and all those guys were part of some mustang club...

The classy guy in the sweatpants was actually pretty cool... he was very familiar with the SHO and tried to tell them I wasn't gonna go down easy...

FWIW I purposely photo bombed their group picture with the cars... at some point someone is gonna notice a blue Taurus in the background right behind their mustangs with some dude picking his nose and staring at the camera... just wish I could get a hold of it!

Brucelinc

I hope to hell my Mustang will run 12.5s.   They need a lot of suspension work and good driving to do it.   The automatics are usually better than the sticks.   I got some new shoes for mine.   Hopefully first gear will be good for something besides spinning.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Brucelinc on March 26, 2018, 09:32:26 AM
I hope to hell my Mustang will run 12.5s.   They need a lot of suspension work and good driving to do it.   The automatics are usually better than the sticks.   I got some new shoes for mine.   Hopefully first gear will be good for something besides spinning.

TBH I don't follow the mustang crowd that closely.. all they kept talking about is how they are 11.9 stock on the new 2018 and low 12's stock on the 2017.... and that on a better day they would be towing my car down the track...

That 12.5 he ran was @ 117mph iirc... my 12.4's were all @ 110mph...

Traction was a limiting factor for everyone yesterday...

I guess in short... is 12.5 decent for a newer mustang with bolt ons and a tune?

Brucelinc

Quote from: stealbluesho on March 26, 2018, 10:25:42 AM
Quote from: Brucelinc on March 26, 2018, 09:32:26 AM

TBH I don't follow the mustang crowd that closely.. all they kept talking about is how they are 11.9 stock on the new 2018 and low 12's stock on the 2017.... and that on a better day they would be towing my car down the track...

That 12.5 he ran was @ 117mph iirc... my 12.4's were all @ 110mph...

Traction was a limiting factor for everyone yesterday...

I guess in short... is 12.5 decent for a newer mustang with bolt ons and a tune?

I have learned a ton about them since getting mine and participating in dedicated Mustang forums.   They have a tendency to wheelhop BADLY if you launch them very hard.  They have been known to snap half-shafts, too.   Even if you can avoid the wheelhop, they do not get traction worth a crap, either.   They are very good from the 1/8 mile on and will turn in good trap speed but they need a lot of mods to get them to hook well and hook smoothly.

At the tracks in my world, I see stock 2015-2017 GTs running around 13 flat and those with a tune around 12.5.   By the time our tracks open, we usually have DA of 2000 or higher, though.   I haven't seen a 2018 run but I have read that when equipped with the 10 speed automatic, they are low 12 second cars and even high 11s occasionally.   The automatic can be launched better and the 10 speed keeps the engine in the ideal power band.   

Gray Brick

Please share you time slip. :)
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

StealBlueSho

Car 531

Ignore the R/T's... I wasn't trying to nail a good light yesterday...

Run 1: Fox body mustang with slicks.. typical fox body you see at the track
Run 2: The Charger mentioned in my previous post.. HEMI powered... ha!
Run 3: M3 douche bag (yes the guy was a douche.. his license plate said "Swyp-rht") but his car was quick
Run 4: Dodge truck..
Run 5: 2017 Mustang GT with full bolt on's and tune

StealBlueSho

Datalog from AJPTurbo's tune... 12.49 @ 110MPH advancetrac nightmare.. no real boost until end of 2nd gear into the start of 3rd...

bpd1151

Quote from: stealbluesho on March 26, 2018, 03:28:36 PM
Datalog from AJPTurbo's tune... 12.49 @ 110MPH advancetrac nightmare.. no real boost until end of 2nd gear into the start of 3rd...
I thought that that's what you're desiring is no boost until 3rd gear due to traction issues??

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on March 26, 2018, 03:32:16 PM
I thought that that's what you're desiring is no boost until 3rd gear due to traction issues??

Absolutely not. My bad if my wording gave that assumption. Or you just trolling... one of the two...  Advancetrac cut me off at the knees on that launch...

StealBlueSho

If I had hooked.. maybe an 11.539 might have happened ;-)

bpd1151

Quote from: stealbluesho on March 26, 2018, 03:35:35 PM
Quote from: bpd1151 on March 26, 2018, 03:32:16 PM

Absolutely not. My bad if my wording gave that assumption. Or you just trolling... one of the two...  Advancetrac cut me off at the knees on that launch...
Never troll my friend.

I thought you posted elsewhere that you desired no boost in 1st and 2nd due to traction issues.

So I was confused. Thus my post.

Moving along, I myself would be HIGHLY skeptical of your believed potential 11.5 run.

But alas I'll digress. I'll see it when you achieve it AND post video of it.

No offense.