• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Time has come to do front brakes on the 13' PP.

Started by Vortech347, March 23, 2018, 01:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klrsmith

These are the front Powerstop slotted rotors I ordered (and installed), they definitely have the vented hubs.  Rears were not vented.

Stoptech Cryostop Hi-Carbon Slotted Brake Rotor- Front Right- (126.65136CSR)
Stoptech Cryostop Hi-Carbon Slotted Brake Rotor- Front Left- (126.65136CSL)

2014 Ecoboost PI - AJPturbo 3 Bar/93 tune - AEM dry panel - Reische 170 thermo - SP542 plugs - EPP Hotpipes - Power Stop Z37 Top Cop pads and slotted rotors

RAYJAY

Quote from: 5ohSHO on March 25, 2018, 07:00:32 AM
I got my pads and rotors from NAPA and they gave me vented hub fronts. I didn't specifically ask for them so if you go there you might want to ask first. This was several months ago.

do you have the napa part numbers for the rotors
2013 GREEN GEM METALLIC 402A PP PACKAGE

5ohSHO

I don't have the specific PN, but if you go on NAPA's website and search rotors for the PI all of the pics they have show vented hub front rotors. Still would be a good idea to call your local store to verify that what they have on hand.

Vortech347

Pads I used....BRSD1611A
Rotors I used...NBRR-21

A friend at Ford matched my VIN to these so I could keep the upgraded PP pads and the vented rotors.

The factory rotors were damn near sized to the hubs.  It took a large hammer rather than a mallet to finally get them off. The next owner will thank me that I coated everything with anti-size and took a wire wheel to clean up all the mating surfaces so there are no vibrations.

Also noticed, passenger side pads were hammered...minimal material left.  Driver side had about 40% left.  After noticing this I'll plan on bleeding the brakes soon.  I didn't have time since I only had a little over an hour while my kid was in Kindergarten.

Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

SHOdded

Looking forward to your review of the new equipment!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Vortech347

Quote from: SHOdded on September 11, 2018, 05:48:15 PM
Looking forward to your review of the new equipment!

After the coating wore off where the pad contacts the rotor my new car pedal feel is back.  It's grabbing much higher, modulation is light years better, and as they get warm they work better.

Oh, and for reference my car has 56k miles.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0