• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Center Gauge Pod, show your gauges

Started by Wild13SHO, August 12, 2013, 09:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild13SHO

Some excellent options here.  The Autometer Elite gauges look nice, especially if the lighting colors match.

Quote from: bpd1151 on August 17, 2013, 12:29:27 PM

I drilled/tapped my own sensors (where needed) in order to monitor my OIL TEMPS & EGT's.  :popcorn:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 6

So where did you tap into to for your oil temp sensor?
Current:
2016 F150 2.7L Ecoboost.  Stock for Now
SOLD:
2013 SHO 400A, PP

bpd1151

EGT's I tapped into each down pipe.

Oil Temp Sensor I tapped into a unused bolt located on the Oil Filter Assembly.

There are pics located in my "How-To" thread on the Auxiliary Oil Cooler Install. At least I think there was/is.

geswek

HOLY hell premium comes with price.

EVO gauges; like $600 bucks for whole set.

Autometer Elite; $1500 bucks!

I'm sold on Elites--they are sexah!

bpd1151

Each of the Ford Racing Series gauges in my car were on average 250 a piece.

250 times 5 equals $1,250 in gauges alone.

geswek

Quote from: bpd1151 on August 22, 2013, 11:50:08 PM
Each of the Ford Racing Series gauges in my car were on average 250 a piece.

250 times 5 equals $1,250 in gauges alone.

Yeah crazy, I suppose you pay it for the best. I'm sure those will outlive the prosport Evos LOL.

Sent from a mobile, I think.

mval

I got the EVO based upon how they look & all digital w/ great startup & I think Steve from Canada recommended them. They work fine but there are a couple issues that anybody buying them needs to be aware of. Sunlight glare makes them hard to read. Have to keep sunroof lid closed if really want to see them good. Also their ad says that during day can have one color at night w/lights on another color. Well that won't work with our electrical system, so have to chose one or the other. So if had to do over again would get a gauge that's a combo digital/analog. I know they are out there. Gauges I have, which i still like combo are boost, egt, & wideband afr.
PS: going to all show i've gone to this year & seen guages on lots of cars, Chris's is still the best design for a car that i've seen. Absolutely nobody thinks it's not a factory option.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

geswek

Quote from: mval on August 23, 2013, 09:28:56 AM
I got the EVO based upon how they look & all digital w/ great startup & I think Steve from Canada recommended them. They work fine but there are a couple issues that anybody buying them needs to be aware of. Sunlight glare makes them hard to read. Have to keep sunroof lid closed if really want to see them good. Also their ad says that during day can have one color at night w/lights on another color. Well that won't work with our electrical system, so have to chose one or the other. So if had to do over again would get a gauge that's a combo digital/analog. I know they are out there. Gauges I have, which i still like combo are boost, egt, & wideband afr.
PS: going to all show i've gone to this year & seen guages on lots of cars, Chris's is still the best design for a car that i've seen. Absolutely nobody thinks it's not a factory option.

Thanks for sharing! I decided I am going with Elite series because it has a 7-color LED back light and they have a teal that is VERY close to the 2013's teal interior (most of our buttons are teal backlit). It also changes color for warning and flashes when critical. I like that.

mval

Storm:
I did take a look at those & liked them a lot, of course that was after I had mine installed. The blue on the EVO matches the blue on  the '10 gauges, it's just that glare is a real issue. The startup though is a killer to watch but not good enough to overcome the glare issue. The pic I have in my pics was done at night with a flash & shows them easy to read.
I think you're on the right track.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen