• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Tow Hooks.

Started by 5ohSHO, March 25, 2018, 12:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5ohSHO

Anyone know of a part number or a place to get a set of rear tow hooks? I couldn't get my car dyno'd tonight because they couldn't find a safe place to hook the straps on the back. The shop said that the other SHO's they did had tow hooks mounted near the mufflers. I couldn't find much online after a quick search.

AJP turbo

That sounds somewhat suspicious...sho's get dynoed all the time...you can easily strap to the subfram or control arms
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

5ohSHO

He tried the control arms, but the straps were resting on the exhaust before he got them tight and he didn't like that.

5ohSHO

After more thorough research this morning I'm starting to think that these mysterious tow hooks don't exist. I looked all over Ford's part site with my VIN and the VIN for a SHO on one of the local lots and nothing comes up at all. I went and looked at a base model Taurus that my company has for a fleet vehicle just now and it doesn't have anything back there either. 

derfdog15

Sounds like the dyno operator just didnt want to dyno your car. I hope you didn't have to pay anything given that they were too incompetent to know how to strap her down.

For reference, though the angle isn't the best, no tow hooks, and took the operator about 5 minutes to get the SHO on the Dyno and ready to make the first pull. it took longer swapping tunes than it did to get on the dyno and secured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQlkF54XZ-E
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

5ohSHO

They were doing a dyno day thing yesterday and it was getting pretty late by the time I got there after work so you might be right about that. I did get my money back also. Kinda sucks because that's the only AWD dyno around here. Thanks for the video btw.