• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ford removing cars from the us

Started by Gjkrisa, April 26, 2018, 01:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamrith

Quote from: Gjkrisa on May 09, 2018, 01:45:48 AM
List of alternatives of Ford cars
https://clark.com/cars/6-best-ford-sedan-alternatives/

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Interesting.  So not a single american car and 3 of 5 are Toyota...  Seems a bit skewed of an article (Not pointing fingers at you Gjkrisa just the article writter).
GM has a full line of cars to cover them all (Impala, Malibut, Cruze, Sonic and Spark..) but zero mention.  I mean I guess I could take it as a backhanded compliment that ford is such a fine vehicle that only the Toyota compares...?  Obviously there are a ton of full size and midsized car options out there well beyond what that article states.  Reason for the is demand for them is high, while trucks have made a huge surge, still more cars on the road at least around here.  Compounding that is that F150 production is pretty much shut down due to a fire at a subassembly mfg, soooooo, what exactly is ford planning to be able to sell?
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

EcoAbe

Quote from: lamrith on May 09, 2018, 08:01:26 AM

Interesting.  So not a single american car and 3 of 5 are Toyota...  Seems a bit skewed of an article (Not pointing fingers at you Gjkrisa just the article writter).
GM has a full line of cars to cover them all (Impala, Malibut, Cruze, Sonic and Spark..) but zero mention.  I mean I guess I could take it as a backhanded compliment that ford is such a fine vehicle that only the Toyota compares...?  Obviously there are a ton of full size and midsized car options out there well beyond what that article states.  Reason for the is demand for them is high, while trucks have made a huge surge, still more cars on the road at least around here.  Compounding that is that F150 production is pretty much shut down due to a fire at a subassembly mfg, soooooo, what exactly is ford planning to be able to sell?

Of those four Chevy's mentioned, they only one I would consider is a Malibu. I agree that the article is definitely skewed, but at the same time, I personally don't feel the styling, power, and build quality of Impala, Sonic, and Spark come close to Ford in the short or long term.

A number of months ago, I recall reading an article that discussed GM dropping Impala from Chevy, LaCrosse from Buick, CTS/ATS/CT6 from Cadillac and replace it with one new sedan, and a few other various shifts because of how poorly sedan sales have been. This is not a Ford problem. It is an industry problem. Ford was just the first one to make it happen on a huge scale.

FCA has been phasing out sedans one by one with the deletion of Avenger and 200 from their lineup two or three model years ago. FCA only has Charger and 300 now which are built on Diamler platforms from 2004 - I don't count Fiat/Maserati/Alfa
2015 Bronze Fire Non PP w/ 401a package

lamrith

Quote from: EcoAbe on May 09, 2018, 08:10:23 AM
Quote from: lamrith on May 09, 2018, 08:01:26 AM

Of those four Chevy's mentioned, they only one I would consider is a Malibu. I agree that the article is definitely skewed, but at the same time, I personally don't feel the styling, power, and build quality of Impala, Sonic, and Spark come close to Ford in the short or long term.

A number of months ago, I recall reading an article that discussed GM dropping Impala from Chevy, LaCrosse from Buick, CTS/ATS/CT6 from Cadillac and replace it with one new sedan, and a few other various shifts because of how poorly sedan sales have been. This is not a Ford problem. It is an industry problem. Ford was just the first one to make it happen on a huge scale.

FCA has been phasing out sedans one by one with the deletion of Avenger and 200 from their lineup two or three model years ago. FCA only has Charger and 300 now which are built on Diamler platforms from 2004 - I don't count Fiat/Maserati/Alfa
True, all the "US" sedan platforms are getting quite dated these days.  Maybe if they updated and dropped something new on the road people might respond..?  Wishful thinking for sure.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

EcoAbe

Quote from: lamrith on May 09, 2018, 08:13:36 AM
True, all the "US" sedan platforms are getting quite dated these days.  Maybe if they updated and dropped something new on the road people might respond..?  Wishful thinking for sure.

Agreed. F & GM are way too conservative to make a car featuring "Infinity Beltline Trim" or "Lexus Grilles". A designer friend at Ford came right out and said that. If the last few years are any indication, the American car industry has shifted away from visual aesthetic to plain looking vehicles with increased levels of technology like lighting, pedestrian safety, and interior features. Ford leadership is promoting safety and technology which is what car buyers want (in their CUVs and SUVs). Customers who aren't car people like us couldn't care less if Ruby Red is a $395 option or if black and polished aluminium two tone wheels come standard.
2015 Bronze Fire Non PP w/ 401a package

Gjkrisa

Yea I have always liked the looks of the Nissan Maxima but they never make it awd kinda pricey for what you get most cheveys are ugly unless its a sports car I do love that most chevey trucks all I really see here have zero orange peel.
Dodge has been making some good stuff but pricey and lame rubber dash in the cheaper stuff

I see subaru being the best option for me.
But would love to have a track hawk maybe a little skewed since I work at a dodge dealer.

I am a fan of turn dial shifter in the dodge/jeep super fast shifting just park to drive to reverse to drive all almost instantly.

Personally I wanted a fast awd car that could tune well and have space for everything I needed to put in it but have owned my car for two years I should have atleast gotten an SUV for the family car then gotten something more sporty just for me after that was payed off.

But for the price at the time only vehicle I knew of that had heated and cooled seats for the price now starting to see it in more vehicles.

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

lamrith

Quote from: EcoAbe on May 09, 2018, 08:32:58 AM
Quote from: lamrith on May 09, 2018, 08:13:36 AM

Agreed. F & GM are way too conservative to make a car featuring "Infinity Beltline Trim" or "Lexus Grilles". A designer friend at Ford came right out and said that. If the last few years are any indication, the American car industry has shifted away from visual aesthetic to plain looking vehicles with increased levels of technology like lighting, pedestrian safety, and interior features. Ford leadership is promoting safety and technology which is what car buyers want (in their CUVs and SUVs). Customers who aren't car people like us couldn't care less if Ruby Red is a $395 option or if black and polished aluminium two tone wheels come standard.
I agree, though dodge has kept a "edge" to it's styling.  I will not lie, I think the Charger is a GD sexy car.  But I have heard so many reports of less than stellar reliability over the years in the 300 and Chargers as well as the last ones I was in were very plastic interiors.  But Damn those body lines and grill....  They are so popular though that the $ stays a big high even used, but for wehat you got as a car they were just not worth the $ feature and interior wise.

Plus here in WA, the AWD has been very fun in all our rain, which is why I went SHO to begin with.  I will keep the mustang as the summer fun car.