• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

13+ Taurus Gt350 style front bumper

Started by Quikv6, March 16, 2018, 12:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Sadly.......

Crickets.

That's not good.

Izzybird

Not speaking for the dude in any way, alot of those Faceboogers think forums are lame and a whole bunch of good info and people have moved over there. Sucks. I personally wish FaceSpace would die a miserable death, but some other mind numbing crap would just take its place.
Wife's '15 SHO non PP

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on May 07, 2018, 11:18:04 AM
Sadly.......

Crickets.

That's not good.

On the forum yes. In Facebook land there is more information. I suspect it's still happening as there were quite a few who put down money on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 07, 2018, 02:45:30 PM
Quote from: bpd1151 on May 07, 2018, 11:18:04 AM
Sadly.......

Crickets.

That's not good.

On the forum yes. In Facebook land there is more information. I suspect it's still happening as there were quite a few who put down money on it.

Awesome to read!

StealBlueSho

They have 14 of the 20 people needed who put money down to get the first batch done for the front bumper.

9 of the 10 for the hood.

This was information from about a week ago.

bpd1151

I'm a lil jelly.

Can't wait to see the finished outcome.

Good to see peeps placing their money where their mouths are. Good deal.

SilvererSHO

Quote from: Izzybird on May 07, 2018, 02:42:17 PM
Not speaking for the dude in any way, alot of those Faceboogers think forums are lame and a whole bunch of good info and people have moved over there. Sucks. I personally wish FaceSpace would die a miserable death, but some other mind numbing crap would just take its place.

I have absolutely no idea why, but my youngest son's traveling baseball coach runs all communications through Fakebook instead of text or email.  So then I have to depend on my wife to relay all the information to me because I've never had a Fakebook account and never will.  And I really love when you tell someone that you don't do Fakebook and they think it's just because you're computer illiterate.  I can't imagine how Fakebook would come anywhere close to emulating a good informational/how to board like this one or any other one either.
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

bpd1151

SHOdded

I am sure forums will disappear eventually, just like BBS did.  There will still be independent sites pperating, whether as forums or websites, but will be in the definite minority if not so already.  Facebook doesn't cost anything for the owner to operate.  People will put up with a lot of stuff if they do not have to pay for it.  I AM on Facebook all the time, and have vented my frustrations to Facebook about their lack of quality control on various things, and they have generally listened to and corrected those things.  So that is SOME comfort.

Anyhoo, back to topic :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Here is my issue with the Facebook ecoboost pages...

There are a TON of guys who post CRAP all day long. You ask a question and you get 99 posts of BS before someone actually answers the question.

And 90% of the time, the guys answering the questions don't know what they are talking about. It's a lot of bad information with very little actual facts behind it.

And the tuner wars are seriously stupid....

There are some good ones on there, but for the most part is crap....

If you want real honest to god answers from guys who actually care about these cars, SHOforum and EBPF are the only place to go to get consistently good information.

bpd1151

StealBlueSho

Point in case... I asked about the LMS firestorm pump... I got a lot of feedback and none of it good...

The funny part was that NONE of them actually have the pump nor have ANY experience with it. The closest they could get was "I know a guy who talked to a guy..." answers. Just a bunch of biased LMS haters.

Rich Yaklin was the only one that actually has the pump (although the bigger one) who responded and said he has had ZERO issues...

Oh well...

bpd1151

I never have understood all the vendor bashing/hating/biasedness.

**smh**

ZSHO

Lotta Hater's out there my friends!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FearlessAZ

I actually left most of the EB Facebook groups because of all the BS. Try to help someone, get 10 replies back when you are wrong. And the info is stuff straight from here. I trust most on this forum more than any Ford tech or adviser or keyboard mechanic.

While Facebook does have it's good uses (keeping in touch with family) there are a lot of stupid uses for it.

And I wish I could see this front end on a 10-12
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)