• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Wheels and Tires!

Started by 5ohSHO, March 23, 2018, 09:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5ohSHO

Got a set of Advanti DST HY Hybris 20x8.5 and Continental Extreme Contact Sport 245/45ZR20 wheels and tires. Won't get a chance to put them on until next week, but after weighing them, they are 88 pounds lighter than the PI wheels all together. Tried to get them in black, but I think they're discontinued.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SilvererSHO

Nice!  It kind of sucks that you have to look at those balancing weights though....
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

5ohSHO

Yeah, but I really only plan on running them at the track though so it won't be too bad. 

limited02

I've been eyeballing these wheels since they are about the lightest you can get for the money.  Looking forward to how they look on your car!

EcoAbe

Great looking wheel. Reminiscent of an OEM style but also unique enough to stand out.
2015 Bronze Fire Non PP w/ 401a package

5ohSHO

Finally got them on the car today. Didn't get a chance to really romp on it due to the weather, but these tires seem to ride much better and quieter than the Firehawks. They kind of remind me of the FR500 wheels. I also decided to leave them on the car since I discovered that the TPMS is apparently not active in my car. I didn't get sensors for them and I didn't get a light the whole time I was out. I would've preferred black, but I do like these a lot. Might get them powder coated later. IDK. They also don't cover much of the brakes so if you really care about appearance then I would get some painted rotors. 

derfdog15

Quote from: 5ohSHO on March 26, 2018, 04:02:48 PM
Finally got them on the car today. Didn't get a chance to really romp on it due to the weather, but these tires seem to ride much better and quieter than the Firehawks. They kind of remind me of the FR500 wheels. I also decided to leave them on the car since I discovered that the TPMS is apparently not active in my car. I didn't get sensors for them and I didn't get a light the whole time I was out. I would've preferred black, but I do like these a lot. Might get them powder coated later. IDK. They also don't cover much of the brakes so if you really care about appearance then I would get some painted rotors. 

The TPMS light can take a while to set, 50 miles or so IIRC.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

5ohSHO

Ah. I figured it would be on right away. Guess I'll find out haha.

PDSHO

Looks more civilized now.
How much un-sprung weight did you take off your car? The cop steelies are heavy!

Greg
2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost

5ohSHO

Shaved 88 pounds total. The tire light did finally come on after all. It's all good though, I didn't plan on running them all the time anyways. I just got excited for a bit. I hoped it would stay off I guess because it never comes on when I remove my spare for the track.

SilvererSHO

Quote from: 5ohSHO on March 26, 2018, 05:36:47 PM
Shaved 88 pounds total. The tire light did finally come on after all. It's all good though, I didn't plan on running them all the time anyways. I just got excited for a bit. I hoped it would stay off I guess because it never comes on when I remove my spare for the track.

FWIW, I posted in another thread that my car takes almost 40-50 miles every morning for the light to come on because I park next to my wheels/tires that I run in the summer every night.  It comes on pretty quick on my drive home from work.
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.