• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Whoa this intake looks awesome...

Started by Agentlongwood, March 11, 2018, 08:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agentlongwood

Is this guy a forum user?  I stumbled across the video on youtube and did a double take, lol.  In the comments he mentions he made it using 2" intercooler piping.  I gotta admit, it looks pretty freakin great.  What are the odds that it makes any performance gains, since it is allowing each turbo it's own intake pipe, instead of splitting off a single intake tube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td7AIzOy2Fc
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

Macgyver

Agentlongwood

That definitely looks pretty similar.  Any performance benefit?  Without it being closed off from the engine bay, does it kind of wreck the intake temps?

Macgyver

All you have to do is buy some ABS plastic sheets and a heat gun. Ben cut and glue.......

aurmend

Couldn't print an enclosure to the air intake, currently in Afghanistan.....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2011 Taurus Sho: Custom 3" Dual CAI w/ Noisemaker eliminater pipe  - AEM Meth kit 625ml/m - 170 thermostat - Motorcraft SP-534 .028 gap.
Coming Soon: PPE downpipes, 3rd cat delete, 3bar MAP and Tune

SHOdded

Stay safe, see you when you return!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FearlessAZ

I believe EPP is working on a similiar one too. haven't heard much on it in a while though.

And BPD has a custom one that is similiar if I remember correctly. Could be wrong though.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

bpd1151

Quote from: FearlessAZ on May 12, 2018, 12:37:38 PMBPD has a custom one that is similiar if I remember correctly.

I do. Built by Kirk over at NESHO.

Loosely built off the Hennessey concept, but modified in different aspects.

Has worked out VERY well for me.

I had it PC'd once it got to me (in white) & then I purchased the dual flange S&B Performance Filter as well.

barberryanlee

Quote from: bpd1151 on May 12, 2018, 02:30:29 PM

Quote from: FearlessAZ on May 12, 2018, 12:37:38 PMBPD has a custom one that is similiar if I remember correctly.

I do. Built by Kirk over at NESHO.

Loosely built off the Hennessey concept, but modified in different aspects.

Has worked out VERY well for me.

I had it PC'd once it got to me (in white) & then I purchased the dual flange S&B Performance Filter as well.
I love the lighted grill. Looking to do something similar with my explorer sport. More firey colors though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Blackhawk

There is a company doing pre-orders for a new intake like this on facebook  http://j2fabrication.com/product/taurus-sho-intake-charge-pipes/.  Actually it looks like they may have used pics from BPDs car lol

Agentlongwood

Yeah, that sure does look like a pic of BPD's car... Kinda surprised that kit didn't go into actual production years ago.  Would be real weird if they used that pic without asking...

bpd1151

The company never asked. Kind of $h!tty.

And yes, that IS a pic of my engine bay and intake.

Strange. They could've at least just mentioned it was/is mine at the minimum. That would've been polite.

Blackhawk

Yeah that is pretty messed up

Quote from: bpd1151 on May 31, 2018, 09:04:21 PM
The company never asked. Kind of $h!tty.

And yes, that IS a pic of my engine bay and intake.

Strange. They could've at least just mentioned it was/is mine at the minimum. That would've been polite.

ridered74

The guy pimping it out on facebook is a long time *** stooge, so no big shock that they would steal pics of your car and use them without permission. Not sure the guy with the website doing the work has any idea about the picture.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

ridered74

I love that the company name is asterisked out. That is awesome. LOL!
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET