• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Discovered a track near me

Started by BoostfoSHO, March 10, 2018, 06:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoostfoSHO

So after living in the area I discovered there's a track near me and last night was test and tune.
I ran my best at 13.1 the rest were 13.3 a bit disappointed considering my mods.  I've seen faster slips with just tune and drop in filter.
My runs are the lane that say Serna.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

ZSHO

The 60' Foot times explain alot and are crucial for an overall great ET.
What tires are you running with? Tire psi lowered  ?
I netted an overall Best 1.752 - 60'- times. Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

https://airdensityonline.com/track-results/Caprock_Motorplex/

Looks like that DA is working against you as well.  Typically see such horrible DAs in Arizona or Colorado.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on March 10, 2018, 07:02:51 AM
I am running conti's dws and no I didn't lower the psi
What can I work on to lower my 60' times?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BoostfoSHO

I was launching right between 1800 and 2000rpms. I did have long line up but I kept the engine off while sitting idle. I avoided the water trap as well. I did about everything except reducing weight, warming up the tires but I did drive an hour just to get there so I figured they were warmed up. I guess I'll just have to keep trying. Both my 13.3 runs we're in Drive and my 13.1 and 13.2were in sport. I don't know if it was supposed to make a difference but I got lower times when I switched to sport.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

ZSHO

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on March 10, 2018, 07:16:43 AM

Drop the tires down to 28 - 26 front! 
DId you recently reflash the car ?  Z

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on March 10, 2018, 07:30:55 AM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on March 10, 2018, 07:16:43 AM

Drop the tires down to 28 - 26 front! 
DId you recently reflash the car ?  Z
Alright I'll try that next time. I wouldn't say recently about 2 weeks and have driven over 1000miles.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

Brucelinc

The DA was not your friend.   Just curious:   Were you getting much wheelspin when you launched?

AJP turbo

What was the DA?

Ah I see almost 4000....I guess that's not great?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

BoostfoSHO

Excuse my ignorance but how does one figure out the DA?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: Brucelinc on March 10, 2018, 09:48:09 AM
The DA was not your friend.   Just curious:   Were you getting much wheelspin when you launched?
From what I could feel there was no wheel spin. The track was hot and being used heavily by dragsters tuning for today's show bracket.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

ZSHO

StealBlueSho

I am on the fence about the turning the car off in the staging lanes... the heat builds up with nothing to help dissipate it... I have found that in the staging lanes, its almost better to leave the car running with the fans on high... I only turn the car off when I am in the pit and wait for awhile...

Brucelinc

I don't think it is a good idea to shut the car off in the staging lanes unless there is a long delay such as when someone drops oil or something like that.    My car's temp is always higher when I restart after shutting it off unless it is off for a longer period of time.

If the OP was getting no wheelspin at launch, I see no reason to lower tire pressure.    That would just increase rolling resistance.   No wheelspin at all tells me that he could launch a bit harder.   Then if there is significant spinning, I could see lowering the pressure.   My best times have always been with a just bit of spinning to prevent bogging but not enough to hurt the time.