• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

HELP with H&R install on PI

Started by 5ohSHO, March 09, 2018, 05:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5ohSHO

I'm putting H&R springs on my PI. I got one of the fronts done, but even with the hat tightened down all the way I can still move the spring around by hand. It isn't super loose, but I can spin it with the suspension fully extended. I'm assuming this isn't normal, but I have just as many threads showing on the top nut as the other side with the factory spring. The size difference between old and new is massive with them out of the car. Are the factory PI struts longer than a SHO strut or something?

ZSHO

The PI and SHO should have the same suspension component's same IIRC!
R U also installing new struts/shocks ?  Z
Once done on a level surface loosen the strut bar and then retighten so there isn't any weird stress on the frame/body.

Here are a couple PDF below.

Front Springs

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JUL90DXgdiUHN5bXdBanJjNWpuby1UV2Q0N0o3OUQtZmJN/view?usp=sharing

Rear Springs

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tgNQ2sqVEqDm2LwG1TVtPvYDYCSC72D1/view?usp=sharing

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

5ohSHO

I changed the struts and shocks a few months ago. So reusing the ones I have. They aren't Motorcraft shocks and struts though. Rockauto shows the same PN for PI and SHO struts. The spring doesn't move up and down, just able to twist it by hand with no weight on it. I didn't have to compress the H&R to get the hat on either.

StinkinLinkin13

Quote from: 5ohSHO on March 09, 2018, 06:43:22 PM
I changed the struts and shocks a few months ago. So reusing the ones I have. They aren't Motorcraft shocks and struts though. Rockauto shows the same PN for PI and SHO struts. The spring doesn't move up and down, just able to twist it by hand with no weight on it. I didn't have to compress the H&R to get the hat on either.

Completely normal. Set it in the pocket and you're good to go. Just did mine a month or so ago. No problems. The weight of the car keeps them in place.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

ZSHO

Quote from: 5ohSHO on March 09, 2018, 06:43:22 PM
I hope there NOT KYB'S!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StinkinLinkin13

Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

5ohSHO

Thanks! I was starting to worry. They aren't KYB brand either.

StinkinLinkin13

No problem... Don't forget you'll need these cam bolts to get your rear camber tweaked out.... Front should be ok or close enough. Rear goes negative quite a bit tho.

https://www.amazon.com/Specialty-Products-84130-LINCOLN-CAMBER/dp/B01IPLDDGS

5ohSHO

Car is all done except for alignment. The kit I got came with rear camber bolts. Thanks again. I'll put up some pics when the alignment is done.

5ohSHO

Something I did notice is that the rear springs had a tag on them that would imply they are just for the PI. It had "DPOL AWD" on it.

StinkinLinkin13

Nice. Where did you find this kit?

5ohSHO

5ohSHO

5ohSHO

Aaaaand discovered some driveways I have to avoid now.

derfdog15

Quote from: 5ohSHO on March 12, 2018, 09:20:15 PM
Aaaaand discovered some driveways I have to avoid now.

Literally the reason I never lowered my SHO. I have a lowered 03 mustang and its a pain depending where I need to go, so I didnt want that with the SHO. Decided to keep my dailies stock height from now on so I can go anywhere with em.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car