• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Radio Swap.

Started by 5ohSHO, March 06, 2018, 04:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5ohSHO

Anyone know if you can or tried to swap a head unit from a SHO to a PI? I've been told by local shops that there aren't any aftermarket radios for my car due to the way it sits in the dash. I don't really care about adding the speakers, just the ability to listen to something other than the radio or cd's. I have been looking at fordpimods and they seem to have a solution, but was just curious if you could do the swap.

Gjkrisa

Quote from: 5ohSHO on March 06, 2018, 04:27:00 PM
Anyone know if you can or tried to swap a head unit from a SHO to a PI? I've been told by local shops that there aren't any aftermarket radios for my car due to the way it sits in the dash. I don't really care about adding the speakers, just the ability to listen to something other than the radio or cd's. I have been looking at fordpimods and they seem to have a solution, but was just curious if you could do the swap.
Yes it is capable the real hard part is possibley needing to figure out how you need to program the apim or pcm to work

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

jmr061

Does your vehicle have SYNC?
Jason
16 Edge Sport

5ohSHO

No. I saw the thing about SYNC, but was wondering if there were any associated parts that could go along with the head unit to make it work. Like if you had another car to pick parts from.

LostnEye

There are dash kits for 2010-12 but they are very expensive. I haven't seen anything for the 2013+. You should be able to add the an upgraded factory unit but it will most likely require programming which you should be able to do through forscan if you have the correct as built data to work with your car.
2013 Tuxedo Black/Mayan Grey PP, GH AO, GH IC, H&Rs, AD mounts

Gjkrisa

Quote from: LostnEye on March 07, 2018, 12:11:53 PM
There are dash kits for 2010-12 but they are very expensive. I haven't seen anything for the 2013+. You should be able to add the an upgraded factory unit but it will most likely require programming which you should be able to do through forscan if you have the correct as built data to work with your car.
Because the car did not come with the upgrade radio the new programming will not be in the factory asbuilt although probably not that hard to find two similar pi and compare one with sync one without

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

5ohSHO

It sounds like more work and money than I want to put into it. I think I'll just go with the aux input setup from fordpimods eventually. Thanks for the input.