• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 Taurus SHO - PP springs on non PP

Started by dlepak, February 26, 2018, 08:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlepak

Quote from: Leadfoot on March 04, 2018, 03:27:46 PM
Just installed the Motorcraft PP struts and shocks, along with the Power Stop K6375 /Z23 brakes and rotors yesterday. The ride is definitely stiffer than the non PP suspension, almost on the harsh side, although I did have 100K on the old suspension so it's not really apples to apples.

Got rid of the "clunk" with a Mevotech sway bar endlink.
Really like the look of the slotted rotors and they stop well too.

I have 109K on my car. My parts just came in today. I probably will start with the back suspension tomorrow and finish up the fronts next weekend. How was it taking the fronts out and putting the new ones in? Any tips? 

dlepak

Can anyone confirm the part numbers for the SHO performance package springs? The ones that came in look to be for the Police Interceptor. Are these going to be a lot firmer than the performance package springs?
front: DG1Z-5310-N
rear: DG1Z-5560-F

ZSHO

Quote from: dlepak on March 11, 2018, 01:19:57 PM
Can anyone confirm the part numbers for the SHO performance package springs? The ones that came in look to be for the Police Interceptor. Are these going to be a lot firmer than the performance package springs?
front: DG1Z-5310-N
rear: DG1Z-5560-F
The PI and SHO have the same part number! Enjoy.  Z

https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-parts/2013/ford/taurus/sho-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/front-suspension-cat/struts-and-components-scat

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

dlepak

So the Performance Package and Police Interceptor springs are the same. Great! Thought I ordered the wrong parts.

ZSHO

Quote from: dlepak on March 11, 2018, 01:55:00 PM
So the Performance Package and Police Interceptor springs are the same. Great! Thought I ordered the wrong parts.
I verified with www.fordparts.com based on my Vin number which is similar to your vehicle.  Z

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/suspension/chassis-parts

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Leadfoot

Quote from: dlepak on March 10, 2018, 01:06:16 PM
Just installed the Motorcraft PP struts and shocks, along with the Power Stop K6375 /Z23 brakes and rotors yesterday. The ride is definitely stiffer than the non PP suspension, almost on the harsh side, although I did have 100K on the old suspension so it's not really apples to apples.

I have 109K on my car. My parts just came in today. I probably will start with the back suspension tomorrow and finish up the fronts next weekend. How was it taking the fronts out and putting the new ones in? Any tips? 

There's a write-up someone on the forum but I didn't have a chance to look for it.
The strut mounts are directional, so mark one stud before removing and when you install the new assembly, put it in the same hole. There is also an arrow on the strut mount but the mount may move when taking it out.
The two bolts on the bottom of the strut are splined so they need to be pushed (hammered) out from the front.

You'll need a spring compressor to remove the strut mount. My friend owns a garage so I did it there but you can probably take them to a local shop to swap out the struts.
2018 Taurus SHO White, non pp (ACC) 20/35% tint, ceramic coating, hot pipes, PPE catted down pipes, GH Auto tune, 170 degree t-Stat. Anthony DiCunzolo gen 2 rear mount.

Leadfoot

Quote from: ZSHO on March 04, 2018, 06:15:04 PM

@- Leadfoot Looking Good.  :thumb:  Some Pic's of the outside perimeter would be ideal. BTW make sure to let the brakes and suspension break/settle in for @ least a couple hundred miles. enjoy. Z  :)

Thanks ZSHO! I took a picture of the "dark side" of the car because the rims were dirty. I've been on the road but should be home this weekend to clean the rims and take better pictures. I bedded the brakes before leaving so the rotors have a little color to them.

2018 Taurus SHO White, non pp (ACC) 20/35% tint, ceramic coating, hot pipes, PPE catted down pipes, GH Auto tune, 170 degree t-Stat. Anthony DiCunzolo gen 2 rear mount.

ZSHO

Quote from: Leadfoot on March 11, 2018, 03:44:44 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on March 04, 2018, 06:15:04 PM

@- Leadfoot Looking Good.  :thumb:  Some Pic's of the outside perimeter would be ideal. BTW make sure to let the brakes and suspension break/settle in for @ least a couple hundred miles. enjoy. Z  :)

Thanks ZSHO! I took a picture of the "dark side" of the car because the rims were dirty. I've been on the road but should be home this weekend to clean the rims and take better pictures. I bedded the brakes before leaving so the rotors have a little color to them.

The SHO looks Sweeeeeeet. enjoy.  Z  :thumb:
Btw fixed the ^^^ PiC for ya. :)