• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

First dyno drop in filter only

Started by arrivalblue, February 26, 2018, 06:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivalblue

Wanted to get a baseline before flashing the MKS. Car has K&N drop in filter only currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Solid baseline.  Dynojet, I take it?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

arrivalblue

Was hoping for higher but seems within the norm? And it's actually a Mustang dyno

SHOdded

Very "normal".  Usually Mustang dynos track lower than Dynojets, but SAE corrections can fix that.  Depends on the tech.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

arrivalblue

Hmm idk if he corrected or not never mentioned it

Macgyver

Good baseline.

K&N fans wont like.

See if the K&N can add more flow when she is tuned.

The one thing I would like to see is an OEM vs K&N vs Air Raid(CAI) type. Do a Dyno comparison using an upgraded Turbo and Piped SHO and see if the OEM limits the air in any way. Unless I missed this somewhere.

arrivalblue

Yea I think it will. Debating on the next dyno if wanna do a 93 octane run or try a E30 blend