• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Mustang for Bruce

Started by Brucelinc, January 22, 2018, 09:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TSS

I'm starting to feel left out. I haven't driven any Mustang in a really really long time. Like since a five speed 1987 LX 5.0  ...............
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

Brucelinc

Quote from: TSS on April 02, 2018, 11:01:05 AM
I'm starting to feel left out. I haven't driven any Mustang in a really really long time. Like since a five speed 1987 LX 5.0  ...............

They have progressed a bit since then.  Other than ride quality, I am just as comfortable in the Mustang as the Lincoln and it is tons more fun to drive.  The sound with the resonator delete is awesome.  I just hope it will deliver a quicker ET than the Conti when I go to the track.

TopherSho

Quote from: Brucelinc on April 02, 2018, 02:13:44 PM

They have progressed a bit since then.  Other than ride quality, I am just as comfortable in the Mustang as the Lincoln and it is tons more fun to drive.  The sound with the resonator delete is awesome.  I just hope it will deliver a quicker ET than the Conti when I go to the track.

What was your last run in the Linc?  The 2016 @ 3.55 with good tires should get you into 12.7-12.5 .. the manual is going to hurt your times... but for drifting and actual tracking it should be super awesome.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Brucelinc

The best I ran with the Conti was 12.8.  I never did get to run it in very good air, though.  Brad has told me that he can improve the transmission shifts on the Continental but we haven't pursued that yet.  I am pretty sure it has a 12.6 in it with better shifts and good air.

I feel like the Mustang would beat the Conti from a roll but it is very difficult to get a good launch with the Mustang.  The stick is fun to drive but I agree it will be a negative for drag racing.

mjhpadi

Todd, don't feel left out, you are welcome to drive mine any time, but with the auto trans it does take some of the fun out of it.  But now my problem is how do I make Mrs. understand that I should have 3 cars???  However, once she gets a new vehicle..in a toss up now whether she wants an F-150 or the new Ranger,  I should have an easier time talking her into a Shelby.  May have to take the approach that I will give the GT to our son. 
Still shocked that Larry got a Mustang.  I guess we are all in the mid-life crisis stage...but boy, am I loving it!
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

derfdog15

Quote from: mjhpadi on April 02, 2018, 07:39:25 PM

Todd, don't feel left out, you are welcome to drive mine any time, but with the auto trans it does take some of the fun out of it.  But now my problem is how do I make Mrs. understand that I should have 3 cars???  However, once she gets a new vehicle..in a toss up now whether she wants an F-150 or the new Ranger,  I should have an easier time talking her into a Shelby.  May have to take the approach that I will give the GT to our son. 
Still shocked that Larry got a Mustang.  I guess we are all in the mid-life crisis stage...but boy, am I loving it!

This is why I'm single, LOL, as many cars as I want. Currently have a '92 5.0 auto fox, in process of putting it back together, an '87 5.0 5spd fox roller, body is rough but I'm using the interior and some other odds and ends for my '92. My '03 4.3L Turbo V6 project mustang, and the '15 Fusion. When its all said and done, it will be 2x mustangs, and the fusion, and I'll get rid of the '87, part by part.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

mval

quote author=mjhpadi link=topic=8876.msg135329#msg135329 date=1522712365]

[/quote] bruce you started a reunion post of us old farts on the old forum & a nice looking pony, with todd, larry & mark of course manu being around forever & know mike is lurking around with his models. anyway some of us had an end of life crisis. love my sho and still my show car but early last year went over to the dark side for my first love for a new dd. my ford club didn't disown me, but  i'm  the red head step child of the group.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

avidmotion

A 10 sp Dodge srt 392 with shaker hood or hellcat in black would do it for me.....Or 2018 ZL1....speaking as an old fart...
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

Brucelinc

[/quote] bruce you started a reunion post of us old farts on the old forum & a nice looking pony, with todd, larry & mark of course manu being around forever & know mike is lurking around with his models. anyway some of us had an end of life crisis. love my sho and still my show car but early last year went over to the dark side for my first love for a new dd. my ford club didn't disown me, but  i'm  the red head step child of the group.
[/quote]

We all knew you were a Mopar guy at heart!   If I wasn't so hard-headed Ford loyal, I would be looking at a Scat Pack Chally, myself.....or maybe even a Hellcat.

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: Brucelinc on April 04, 2018, 09:29:09 AM

bruce you started a reunion post of us old farts on the old forum & a nice looking pony, with todd, larry & mark of course manu being around forever & know mike is lurking around with his models. anyway some of us had an end of life crisis. love my sho and still my show car but early last year went over to the dark side for my first love for a new dd. my ford club didn't disown me, but  i'm  the red head step child of the group.
[/quote]

We all knew you were a Mopar guy at heart!   If I wasn't so hard-headed Ford loyal, I would be looking at a Scat Pack Chally, myself.....or maybe even a Hellcat.
[/quote]
I went from a taurus sho to a 2018 scat pack chally actually and it was definitely a fun switch we will put it like that plus we are actually the only company that can tune the 2018s  and weve made some pretty impressive results with them! Check these videos out of the trackhawk and the challenger scat pack!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC-F-UQZe34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ek4wKg6UeY

Skydogs

Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: Skydogs on April 04, 2018, 12:11:36 PM
Wow that JEEP damn!!!
This jeep is insane! We cant wait to see what these cars do at the drag strip as well!

mval

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on April 04, 2018, 09:36:59 AM
Quote from: Brucelinc on April 04, 2018, 09:29:09 AM

bruce you started a reunion post of us old farts on the old forum & a nice looking pony, with todd, larry & mark of course manu being around forever & know mike is lurking around with his models. anyway some of us had an end of life crisis. love my sho and still my show car but early last year went over to the dark side for my first love for a new dd. my ford club didn't disown me, but  i'm  the red head step child of the group.

[/quote]
I went from a taurus sho to a 2018 scat pack chally actually and it was definitely a fun switch we will put it like that plus we are actually the only company that can tune the 2018s  and weve made some pretty impressive results with them! Check these videos out of the trackhawk and the challenger scat pack!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC-F-UQZe34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ek4wKg6UeY
[/quote]you guys are great, i'm running the 4+ on my sho for years without any issues, would tune my sp but it already scares me some times, their a8 shifts as fast as my  sho a6 with your tune. 2 completely different cars, sho goes fast & you don't know it. the sp since it's suspension is tight & especially with shaker not having any sound deadening material, feels like driving a gen1 muscle car. you go fast but you know it. & bruce a hellcat insurance would eat you up. fca was smart they labelled the sp an r/t for insurance purposes.but sho is the one that brings home the show trophies. lots of challengers but only 1 show sho in st louis.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

mjhpadi

Mike, you have to be cold not to love the hipo Mopar stuff...if I were rich instead of good looking I would have a stable that included all brands of the pony and performance cars.  Growing up in the muscle era, it really made us appreciate the return of high performance and fun to drive cars, after 20+ years without any true performance cars....imagine learning to drive in a world without Challengers, 'Cudas, Mustangs, Camaros, Roadrunners, GTX, AMX, Javalins, or 'Vettes...guess that's why I am loving the return of the cars of our eerreee younger days.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

lamrith

Quote from: mjhpadi on April 04, 2018, 09:01:11 PM
Mike, you have to be cold not to love the hipo Mopar stuff...if I were rich instead of good looking I would have a stable that included all brands of the pony and performance cars.  Growing up in the muscle era, it really made us appreciate the return of high performance and fun to drive cars, after 20+ years without any true performance cars....imagine learning to drive in a world without Challengers, 'Cudas, Mustangs, Camaros, Roadrunners, GTX, AMX, Javalins, or 'Vettes...guess that's why I am loving the return of the cars of our eerreee younger days.
Yeah I have to say I have enjoyed having at least some options when I was looking for a HP sedan.  I was looking for a RWD for a while, I ran a STS-V for 2 years, but also considered G8's, CTSV.  Then there are the Euro beasts.  Then I found the SHO and realized that given my wet weather her ein PNW it was a smarter move and have loved every minute of it!
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.