• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Mustang for Bruce

Started by Brucelinc, January 22, 2018, 09:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brucelinc

I installed some suspension mods on my Mustang - pieces to basically stiffen the rear suspension and tie the rear subframe solidly to the unibody.  The idea was to improve traction and reduce or eliminate any wheelhop.

The roads finally dried out so I could give the Livernois tune and the suspension mods a better test.   I also have an Airaid CAI and a resonator delete H pipe installed.  OMG, this beast feels strong and sounds violent.   It hooks much better with the suspension mods and the engine just screams.    I am looking forward to installing the summer tires and going to the track.   The experience is so much different than my tuned Continental.  It feels a lot faster but maybe I am being fooled because it is so stiff and loud compared to the Conti.  Manuals often feel faster than automatics even when they aren't.   Regardless, it sure is a blast to drive.

SHOdded

Fast & Furious - brucelinc edition
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

derfdog15

I was hoping for a fox but hey, a new coyote works too xP.

Check out corral and SVTPerformance when the mod bug bites again, lots of nice used parts on their forums. Also look into going for an E85 tune/fuel setup on the new project, they love the corn. I agree with AJP, for the most part for power, save up and get a blower/turbo setup. Don't nickle and dime yourself on bolt ons that you'll end up replacing for boost later anyway.

If you have patience you can get a pretty nice setup (supercharger or turbo) used on corral or svtp for a really nice price. I see them all the time.

I actually am in the process of buying a house, and then my dad is going to bring up my 03 V6 turbo project and we will hopefully get that finished up by summer. I also am going to look at a 'Roller' '92 hatchback today, its currently gutted, rust free (and in primer). The seller is going to throw in the 5.0, auto, and a bunch of interior/exterior parts she has as well. it was a family project with their grandfather and he passed, so they just want it gone. Only question is if I can get AAA to tow a 'roller' for me...but I digress.

Enjoy the coyote. I recommend doing oil pump gears as one of your first mods.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

Livernois Motorsports

Hey Bruce just checking in on ya! Hows the vehicle doing? Get to have any big fun yet? Weather is pretty decent here right now not sure how its treating you though!

Brucelinc

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on February 27, 2018, 01:15:11 PM
Hey Bruce just checking in on ya! Hows the vehicle doing? Get to have any big fun yet? Weather is pretty decent here right now not sure how its treating you though!

It feels brutally fast.  I have to watch the tach closely since it blasts to 7000 rpm and beyond VERY quickly.   As soon as winter is over and "E85" is closer to 85% ethanol, I will load up your flex fuel tune.  Looking forward to that!

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: Brucelinc on February 27, 2018, 02:35:20 PM
Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on February 27, 2018, 01:15:11 PM

It feels brutally fast.  I have to watch the tach closely since it blasts to 7000 rpm and beyond VERY quickly.   As soon as winter is over and "E85" is closer to 85% ethanol, I will load up your flex fuel tune.  Looking forward to that!
Sounds good! Cant wait to get your review once ou start using the e85 tune!

Brucelinc

I got some new shoes for the hind legs of my pony.   These better hook decently.  We know what happens to a lame pony.....

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Brucelinc on March 22, 2018, 03:09:20 PM
I got some new shoes for the hind legs of my pony.   These better hook decently.  We know what happens to a lame pony.....
Taken out and SHOt?

Brucelinc

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 22, 2018, 03:26:18 PM
Taken out and SHOt?

Exactly.

Livernois Motorsports

Its funny i actually just did the same thing monday! Hows the tune running with those new tires? Gotta be alot more fun now!

Brucelinc

As soon as I burn out more of the 93 that is in the tank I will load the E85 tune and fill it up with the joy juice....although it is still winter blend.

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: Brucelinc on March 22, 2018, 04:33:46 PM
As soon as I burn out more of the 93 that is in the tank I will load the E85 tune and fill it up with the joy juice....although it is still winter blend.

Starting to warm out so as the season temps increase so will the fun!

dft1121

Quote from: Brucelinc on January 24, 2018, 06:11:12 PM
You haven't lived until you have driven a powerful RWD car with summer-only tires on snowy/icey roads.
Haha you got that right. I drove home twice in my 95 GT with a 347 on 315 Nitto Radials in the snow. If you are touching the gas, you aren't pointed the direction of travel lol.
2013 Limited F150 4x4, OEM turbos with CRP billet compressor upgrade, Meth injection, PCV deleted and VC's vented to a custom blow by tank in bumper, Corsa exhaust, Turbosmart BOV, AEM drop in filter, tuned on SCT (93 and E30 +METH), leveled on 305 NT420's, DD
2016 Mustang GT, premium, Performance Pack, 6 speed, Lund Tuned on HP tuners
1995 Mustang GT, 347, AFR heads, custom nitrous roller cam, EFI, NX wet plate 175shot, Astro T5, stock suspension, 275 radials
1979 F250, 1970 460BB, DOVE-C heads, 850 holley, solid roller, long tubes, 10" suspension lift, trac bars, 4 speed, 42x15x15 TSL's
1989 Honda Crx HF, H22A1 swap, custom 4-2-1 header and test pipe, cable trans conversion, driveshaft shop axles, NX wet single nozzle 175 shot, trac bars, stripped, 1800#'s

mjhpadi

Congrats Bruce, nice to see you join the Mustang frat. I purchased a '98 Mustang GT Convertible last September and love it.  Only downside is that it is an automatic and I really wanted a standard.  But I couldn't pass up the deal I got.   Next in my sights is the Shelby that I've been wanting for years....but will keep the other two....
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

Brucelinc

Quote from: mjhpadi on April 01, 2018, 06:11:55 PM
Congrats Bruce, nice to see you join the Mustang frat. I purchased a '98 Mustang GT Convertible last September and love it.  Only downside is that it is an automatic and I really wanted a standard.  But I couldn't pass up the deal I got.   Next in my sights is the Shelby that I've been wanting for years....but will keep the other two....

Our old friend, Larrylu, also got a manual Mustang....traded his SHO for it.  He told me that he hadn't had as much fun in years!

Let us know when you get the Shelby.  In the meantime enjoy the GT Convertible!