• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Mustang for Bruce

Started by Brucelinc, January 22, 2018, 09:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: Brucelinc on January 22, 2018, 09:29:00 PM
I am seriously considering picking up a used Coyote Mustang.  Two reasons:  I think it would be fun going to the track with it.  Secondly, it would make a nice project car...maybe adding a supercharger in the future among other things.  There is tons of after market support for Mustangs and they are pretty bullet proof.

I am currently negotiating on a super clean 2016 with the 3.55 gear and manual 6 speed.  It already has an Airaid CAI and a resonator delete.  It has never been tuned but obviously that will change if I get it.  Livernois has a good tune and I already have a MyCal.   The car runs really well and sounds wickedly good.   
Thanks for the kind words, we do actually have a very nice tune for the new mustangs, my buddy actually has a 2017 6 speed with the severe CAI, thermostat, axle back and our performance tune and he is absolutely in love with it!

Brucelinc

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on January 25, 2018, 09:49:20 AM
Quote from: Brucelinc on January 22, 2018, 09:29:00 PM
I am seriously considering picking up a used Coyote Mustang.  Two reasons:  I think it would be fun going to the track with it.  Secondly, it would make a nice project car...maybe adding a supercharger in the future among other things.  There is tons of after market support for Mustangs and they are pretty bullet proof.

I am currently negotiating on a super clean 2016 with the 3.55 gear and manual 6 speed.  It already has an Airaid CAI and a resonator delete.  It has never been tuned but obviously that will change if I get it.  Livernois has a good tune and I already have a MyCal.   The car runs really well and sounds wickedly good.   
Thanks for the kind words, we do actually have a very nice tune for the new mustangs, my buddy actually has a 2017 6 speed with the severe CAI, thermostat, axle back and our performance tune and he is absolutely in love with it!

I just got off the phone with you.   I look forward to your 91, 93 and flex fuel tunes!!   

Livernois Motorsports

You'll have tons of fun with this tune and i look forward to some feedback on how the vehicle feels overall after the tune is applied!

Brucelinc

The streets are so cold and damp here, I don't really know how it runs stock!  Every time I get on it, it breaks the tires loose!   Hopefully, it will dry up and I can get a better feel for it in the next few days.

I know a tune will not do as much for a naturally aspirated engine as it will for the ecoboost.  However, your dyno charts for the Coyote look pretty impressive.   I am hoping for a 12.5 second car in good air with the tune.....assuming I can launch and get through the gears well.

Livernois Motorsports

Ill be sure to post up my race results with my friend in the summer as well to see what he can do in his!

Brucelinc

I think my Mustang is all hat and no cattle.   It is loud, rough, bold and brash.  However, I suspect my Continental could give it a good ass kicking over the quarter mile.  I will soon have a tune for the 'stang and will be ordering some rear suspension goodies to help it launch and hook better.   By the time the tracks open, I am hoping it will be ready for action.

StealBlueSho

I suspect your suspicions are correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brucelinc

I picked up some used wheels and all-season tires on Craigslist for my Mustang project car.  Now I can drive it in cold temps.  It has come to my attention that driver skill is going to come into the equation when I take the car to the track.   Getting it to hook is not easy but I am ordering some pieces for the rear suspension that should help.     Cody at Livernois returned my MyCal with tunes for the Mustang including their E85 tune.   I appreciate Cody's quick and friendly service.    I am going to drive it around some in stock tune before I flash it, though.   

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Brucelinc on February 11, 2018, 10:15:05 AM
I picked up some used wheels and all-season tires on Craigslist for my Mustang project car.  Now I can drive it in cold temps.  It has come to my attention that driver skill is going to come into the equation when I take the car to the track.   Getting it to hook is not easy but I am ordering some pieces for the rear suspension that should help.     Cody at Livernois returned my MyCal with tunes for the Mustang including their E85 tune.   I appreciate Cody's quick and friendly service.    I am going to drive it around some in stock tune before I flash it, though.

I think track and driver got their best times by dropping the rear tires into the low 20's and the fronts in the mid 40's... not sure what they launched at? Maybe 2K RPMs? But yeah... rwd, light, and manual are going to make the driver mod even more important.

Should be fun regardless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brucelinc

I know this is an ecoboost forum so after this post I will avoid further comments on my Mustang 5.0.  However, my random thought is that I loaded up Livernois' 93 octane tune in my Mustang yesterday.  Holy Mother!  I never dreamed they could do that much with a non-turbo engine.   From 5000-7000 RPM, that thing is vicious!  Even takes on a totally different sound than when stock....sounds like a NASCAR stocker.    Now if I could only find some traction!!  Can't wait until summer when I load up their E85 tune!!

SHOdded

We can always move the posts related to your Mustang to the non-ecoboost build section if you want ...
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,133.0.html
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Brucelinc

Quote from: SHOdded on February 22, 2018, 09:53:41 AM
We can always move the posts related to your Mustang to the non-ecoboost build section if you want ...
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,133.0.html

I never noticed that there was such a section!!    Probably makes sense to move my Mustang posts there.   

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: Brucelinc on February 22, 2018, 09:51:03 AM
I know this is an ecoboost forum so after this post I will avoid further comments on my Mustang 5.0.  However, my random thought is that I loaded up Livernois' 93 octane tune in my Mustang yesterday.  Holy Mother!  I never dreamed they could do that much with a non-turbo engine.   From 5000-7000 RPM, that thing is vicious!  Even takes on a totally different sound than when stock....sounds like a NASCAR stocker.    Now if I could only find some traction!!  Can't wait until summer when I load up their E85 tune!!
Glad i could help you get that tuner put on your mustang and bring some more life out of it! Have fun and keep us updated!

TSS

Gorgeous. I just saw this thread, but you had emailed me some photos! Beautiful stable you got now!
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

griggs95

Quote from: Brucelinc on January 24, 2018, 04:35:12 PM
OMG...what have I done?   2016 GT Premium, manual trans, 3.55 gear, Navigation, factory 20" wheels/Pirelli summer tires.   (not too good in Minnesota winter)  19,000 miles.

I am too old for model cars and Hotwheels so this is my big boy toy.

Did you photoshop that first picture? Man that looks awesome and congrats on another Ford!
2011 pp: lms 91 tune - ppe downs w/ kitties - Amsoiled myself all around - gapped 30 sp plugs - enthused driver, nervous passengers - aem drop in dry filter.