• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Intermittent No Audio

Started by StinkinLinkin13, February 18, 2018, 03:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkinLinkin13

Anyone here have this issue. Its happened twice to me so far. No audio sound output even tho it seems all is working well on the display. No voice command prompts... No music.. Master reset does nothing. Comes back to normal when it feels like it. Seen video of even newer vehicles having the issue. Seems like a glitch but Idk.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

ZSHO

FWIW I would try removing the ground on the battery terminal for one minute and that will cause the APIM to reboot(bring up the Sync maintenance screen)hopefully should correct the issues your having!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

Mine does this if I have an i unread text message while the system is booting up.

Hear the text message chime then stereo goes silent. Music plays cause the counter and eq show it's playing.

Super annoying.

The reboot sync button or a key cycle with the door opened and shut fixes it.

The SHOs never had this issue.

StinkinLinkin13

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 18, 2018, 05:39:57 PM

Mine does this if I have an i unread text message while the system is booting up.

Hear the text message chime then stereo goes silent. Music plays cause the counter and eq show it's playing.

Super annoying.

Reboot sync button?
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on February 18, 2018, 10:09:14 PM

Super annoying.

Reboot sync button?
Yeah the Lincoln has that but the SHOs didn't.

SHOdded

is that button on the touchscreen, fomoco?  Seems ford has been rolling out upgrades for sync2 (at least for the Edge) that do include the capability to reboot sync, and more.  May not show up on the sync site, ask the dealer.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Yes it is on the touchscreen alongside a master reset button.

StinkinLinkin13

Not available on my ancient version of sync apparently. I've searched.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on February 18, 2018, 11:42:59 PM
Not available on my ancient version of sync apparently. I've searched.
I will get you a pic..you may not have it cause I think our GUIs are different.

It is buried in the menus and it took me quite a while to stumble upon it.

10bird

It has happened to me a few times.  I have to shut it down, open the door, shut the door and wait for all the lights to go out then restart the car. It's almost as if it runs on Windows 95.

firewater88

Super annoying.

My 2011 Flex, sync 1, does this exact thing. I hate it but at least I can switch to the hard drive input and have music till I shut it down and open door.
Pretty sure I'm just stuck with this annoyance...
2011 Flex Titanium EB
Retired- 1992 SHO

FoMoCoSHO

Pic as promised....

Media button/settings

StinkinLinkin13

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 20, 2018, 07:58:20 PM
Pic as promised....

Media button/settings

Thanks man. Yea definitely don't have that option. Master reboot is it. What's version of Sync is that? Sync 3? According to the website this is mine.

ZSHO

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on February 20, 2018, 09:04:35 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 20, 2018, 07:58:20 PM
Pic as promised....

Media button/settings

Thanks man. Yea definitely don't have that option. Master reboot is it. What's version of Sync is that? Sync 3? According to the website this is mine.
: @ StinkinLinkin13 you have the latest update as the SHO IIRC!
The only minor issue is the outdated A5 Map card IMO!
Simply remove the ground on the battery as mentioned above! some food for thought!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StinkinLinkin13

Quote from: ZSHO on February 20, 2018, 09:31:42 PM
: @ StinkinLinkin13 you have the latest update as the SHO IIRC!
The only minor issue is the outdated A5 Map card IMO!
Simply remove the ground on the battery as mentioned above! some food for thought!  Z

[/quote]

Actually... Yours says version 3.8... mine is v3.6... I wonder if that's only available for later
model years... 🤔 If maybe hardware is different...