• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Wiring subs to oem radio?

Started by Cole.C, February 13, 2018, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cole.C

Had found this Tesla style head unit I was very interested in for the Taurus but sadly only says 2015-2018 which I don't understand why and have tried contacting the sales company twice to ask them for additional info with no luck. Link below to that. Very tempted to purchase. I just can't understand why it would work in 15+ and not 13-18..  Maybe someone knows the answer to that as well..

http://www.espony-cargo.com/Ford-Taurus-2015-2018-with-12.1-Tesla-Style-Android-Touch-Car-Audio-Player-GPS-Stereo-Radio-Navigation-System

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows about wiring subs to the oem PI radio itself or wiring in a ds9 or something similiar..  local shop was quoting me at $800 for head unit install with the 80prs being supplied by me..  thought that was a huge joke unless they've got 7 hours of fab work into it some how lol..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Cole.C

Quote from: ZSHO on February 13, 2018, 11:30:40 AM
I would try to contact Havis IMO!  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,5731.0.html

http://www.havis.com/data/7-Integrated%20Control%20System/ICS-B-F01-XXX-INST_6-24-16.pdf

http://www.havis.com/products/ICS_FPIS_13_16_w_SYNC_SP-121909-51206.html

! No longer available
Wow tyvm!! Did not expect someone to have a actual walk through on this!! Will try to contact them to see how much they want for their deck/how to order.
Again tyvm! solved a huge question I had about the deck install in that car to much greater detail than expected!
Was just starting to wonder if it was even possible to upgrade a pi radio. Was a little disheartened after talking to Jason from pimods. He must not of known of this option lol was going to try to figure out how to use the oem deck as a last resort.

Cole.C

Well this solved my whole issue with this car. Fits into oem location + looks amazing with car walled off eventually and seats replaced with and a havis head unit for the non sync vehicle. Will barely look like a PI at that point haha.

Huge Thanks to ZSHO for pointing me in that direction! Can't wait to order one this spring. Price is shocking but worth it being able to do my own install will save me a chunk and be assured of it's quality.
Love this forum. Saved me countless hours of looking for further info on a HU install on a 13+ Pi.

ZSHO

Cole.C Glad to be of assistance! looking forward to your initial thoughts and results!  Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Macgyver

Go big or Go home. LOL Only way to do bass right.

Cole.C

3rd 3.5k TS amp arrived just searching for one last 3.5k while waiting for my psi recones then just need 7 more Maxwell banks since i wanna start off with 10 and work my way up towards a bank of 20 banks (120ultra caps total) should be close to 20ah just in capacitors! Gonna mount the 4 amps in the trunk on a hydraulic rack that I'll mount over the capacitor banks. Box is half way done need to finish sticker bombing the inside before I take it to my uncle's body shop to have clear coated 8-10 times! The audio project is coming together and getting closer to complete! Car is still parked in the garage until Matt robsinon releases his new turbos for sale so I can get my car on the road again!

On the search for my last rev.2 3.5k!

Macgyver

Quote from: Cole.C on September 10, 2018, 09:23:14 PM
3rd 3.5k TS amp arrived just searching for one last 3.5k while waiting for my psi recones then just need 7 more Maxwell banks since i wanna start off with 10 and work my way up towards a bank of 20 banks (120ultra caps total) should be close to 20ah just in capacitors! Gonna mount the 4 amps in the trunk on a hydraulic rack that I'll mount over the capacitor banks. Box is half way done need to finish sticker bombing the inside before I take it to my uncle's body shop to have clear coated 8-10 times! The audio project is coming together and getting closer to complete! Car is still parked in the garage until Matt robsinon releases his new turbos for sale so I can get my car on the road again!

How are you going to supply power to those 4 amps?

Cole.C

Quote from: Macgyver on September 10, 2018, 10:57:43 PM

Lol 1 bank of maxwell capacitors could output over 6400 amps albeit for a very short period as there wh is very low(each 2.7v ultra cap short circuits at 800a). So 1 bank of Maxwell caps with the 220amp alt in my PI would be more than enough technically although I wouldn't be able to really maintain my voltage with just one bank of 6 ultra caps. I'll be going with 10 banks to start and working my way up to 20 banks of 6 I  also plan on removing my alt eventually and sending it to Mike singer to have it upgraded as the mechman in my daily driver beater is a p.o.s. the self exciting alternator was always slow to kick in on startup.

Cole.C

Agm/lithium batteries can't even come close to comparing in charging cycles capacitors can cycle over 1 million times! I personally don't see how people can dump 2-4k into batteries that won't last more than 5-7 years. Just not my cup of tea. I'd rather have less amperage hours and more amperage output and longer lifespan of the cells when choosing a power source!

Cole.C

Check this out! https://youtu.be/TWDm-61b2u8

I believe he had a stock alt when this video was made His power bank consists of 15 banks of Maxwell caps he does a much better job explaining ultra cap banks in a high rms car audio build with an actual demonstration showing his voltage which just nice!

ZSHO

Thanks for the update!  Looking Nice!  Z

Cole.C

Finished reconing the team subs with psi recones  higher temp coils,1 inch spider spacers, 4 high excursion linear spiders instead of 3 progressive roll, direct quad leads, Kevlar dust cap. Glue joints are so solid and even compared to stock nothing but pleased with Dave's recone quality! Definitely recommend FixMySpeaker for your Sub recones. Ordered last 250$ worth of stickers to finish the back panel of the box and bottom and the last of the interior.

Waiting on price quote from Michael singer for a 390 amp alternator for the Taurus! (Highest amperage alt I could find) Getting slightly closer to being playable! >.< Still a ways off though lol.

ZSHO

Impressive to say the least! 390 amp alternator!! Z

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!