• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Max sub enclosure height for SHO rear trunk shelf?

Started by CaptainInsane-O, February 09, 2018, 01:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cole.C

Quote from: bpd1151 on February 13, 2018, 07:28:00 PM
Quote from: gtmorgan23 on February 09, 2018, 01:29:52 PM
I wonder if there is a thread on here for subs enclosures, install and pics.

Id love to see some if there isnt. Just something enjoyable about bassing out while cruising in your ride.
Well since you asked......

Two (2) - 15" subs, forward firing and positioned atop the "shelf" in the trunk.

Two (2) - 12" subs, each mounted in the far corners of each side of the trunk.

All powered by four (4) class D digital amps.

Two (2) amps are 1000x4 watts each and the other two (2) amps are 600x4 watts each.

The amps are powering other aspects of the audio build, besides just the subs.

I actually had to de-tune the amps (turn the power down on them) as I noticed a sticky brown tar like substance pooled up in each corner of the rear drip trap at the bottom the of the rear windshield.

Turns out that that was/is the adhesive used in securing/mounting the rear windshield. Apparently I was on the verge of literally blowing the rear glass out from its' frame.

Oops!

Cleanest trunk install in a sedan I have ever seen wow 0_0

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

StinkinLinkin13

Quote from: lamrith on February 13, 2018, 05:18:26 PM
I was in there measuring there other day confirming some things and noticed I have a big hump right in the middle of that shelf on mine. 

StinkinLinkin13 I do not see any evidence of that sort of hump in that shelf in your car, is it there and just hidden behind the enclosure or do you have the enclosure at an angle with the back edge on it?

Sorry man just saw this. Yes the hump is there on mine as well so it is propped up over it and sits leaned back just a bit. Speakers face the rear for increased bass response. It has to do with sound waves yadda yadda... Try it for yourself. Personally I prefer the sound (tightness) of a sealed enclosure. Especially listening to metal. 🤘
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

lamrith

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on February 13, 2018, 10:10:07 PM
Quote from: lamrith on February 13, 2018, 05:18:26 PM
I was in there measuring there other day confirming some things and noticed I have a big hump right in the middle of that shelf on mine. 

StinkinLinkin13 I do not see any evidence of that sort of hump in that shelf in your car, is it there and just hidden behind the enclosure or do you have the enclosure at an angle with the back edge on it?

Sorry man just saw this. Yes the hump is there on mine as well so it is propped up over it and sits leaned back just a bit. Speakers face the rear for increased bass response. It has to do with sound waves yadda yadda... Try it for yourself. Personally I prefer the sound (tightness) of a sealed enclosure. Especially listening to metal. 🤘
HAHA Thanks.  I am actually considering the 12" MTX enclosure, it is about the same price and I can buy it, an 1100watt amp and install kit for right around $220

I have a feeling we would have a bit of fun travelling together.  You like older or newer metal?  I bridge both.  5finger, disturbed, old Dio, etc..    Many people do not realize power of the bass lines in some metal.  Just need a system that can handle the wide range of accoustics hammering the equipment to know it...
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

glock-coma

Check under the carpet.
I believe the Sirius satellite receiver is screwed to that hump.
I had to remove mine and zip tie it under the back seat bottom.   
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

gtmorgan23

Wow bpd1151 that is an amazing install job. Id love to hear that someday and feast my eyes upon it.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

bpd1151

Quote from: gtmorgan23 on February 14, 2018, 02:47:26 PM
Wow bpd1151 that is an amazing install job. Id love to hear that someday and feast my eyes upon it.
It literally was THE entertainment for the entire section where I, and others were on display at the giant 2017 Ford National's.

Those that heard it, will tell you they were just as amused as I, when I turned it on. It was akin to moths to a flame. The spectators gravitated towards it.

Others quickly figured out why the car was plugged into a portable generator as well.

LOL. Good times. Good times.

ZSHO

BOOOOooooomin System there bpd1151!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Dxlnt1

Quote from: bpd1151 on February 13, 2018, 07:28:00 PM
Quote from: gtmorgan23 on February 09, 2018, 01:29:52 PM
I wonder if there is a thread on here for subs enclosures, install and pics.

Id love to see some if there isnt. Just something enjoyable about bassing out while cruising in your ride.
Well since you asked......

Two (2) - 15" subs, forward firing and positioned atop the "shelf" in the trunk.

Two (2) - 12" subs, each mounted in the far corners of each side of the trunk.

All powered by four (4) class D digital amps.

Two (2) amps are 1000x4 watts each and the other two (2) amps are 600x4 watts each.

The amps are powering other aspects of the audio build, besides just the subs.

I actually had to de-tune the amps (turn the power down on them) as I noticed a sticky brown tar like substance pooled up in each corner of the rear drip tray at the bottom the of the rear windshield.

Turns out that that was/is the adhesive used in securing/mounting the rear windshield. Apparently I was on the verge of literally blowing the rear glass out from its' frame.

Oops!

What a show off? lol. Can you ship your car to me so I can listen to the system? I will ship it right back to ya???
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!