• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Well.... Isn't this magical?

Started by StinkinLinkin13, February 07, 2018, 11:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkinLinkin13

So anybody else have/had this issue... Or I'm I just having all the luck?
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on February 07, 2018, 11:06:05 PM
So anybody else have/had this issue... Or I'm I just having all the luck?
I don't know if your Lincoln has it but buried in my menu is a sync reboot button that I utilize more than I'd like. It just reboots it retaining all settings. There is a master reset also.

Dunno if it will help or not but its easy to try if you have it.

Found others with the issue...

https://www.fordflex.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16206

SHOdded

Usually means a camera replacement is in order :(  Def try Sync updates/resets/neg batt cable pull tho, might work for a while at least.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StinkinLinkin13

Yea. I checked online and according to Fords website I have the latest SYNC updates... But it was last updated in Nov 2013... 🤔
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

SHOdded

I would think there are more updates after that, sometimes you have to go to the dealer to get the latest.  Sorry, not familiar with the MKS software versions ...  But on the Edge, they just released a Sync 2 update in Jan (2018), so I know they are going strong.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StinkinLinkin13

Yea. I would think so too. I remember hearing about a major revision update back in summer 2014. I'll call up them bastards tomorrow. I hate the dealership here in S.A... I used to work for them. 😂

TopherSho

.. it that the only thing that is upside down? can the camera lens be rotated ?
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

StinkinLinkin13

It was more intermittent.. Sometimes grainy sometimes upside down sometimes just fine some times doesn't come on at all and get an error message.

jbrown9999

Haven't had issues with the camera unless it got dirty from driving on snowy/salty/sandy roads.  However, when I got in my car today, Synch came up and said "Downloading latest updates".
Also, when I took my car in for a full fluid change, I asked them to check the for updates and they said there weren't any at that point but that was in Nov '17.
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

StinkinLinkin13

So as you know our backup cameras cost an arm and a leg... 300+$. I saw explorer backup cameras on ebay as low as 43 shipped and noticed how similar they looked so I took a shot and bought one. Well I got it last week and finally got a chance to mess with it. I installed it and no dice. So I looked up pigtail diagrams and noticed that on the Explorers and F-150s there is a ground to chassis pin. That pin on my MKS pigtail was empty so I tried wiring a ground in the trunk and voila.... Now I don't have the guidelines and it's a little bit of a pain setting this one in but for $300 savings it'll work. 👍

jbrown9999

2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

SHOdded

What year Explorer, btw?  The cheapest cameras are usually for the latest gen.

StinkinLinkin13

EB5Z-19G490-A

Ford Explorer 2011-2015