• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2018 World of Wheels -- Chicago, IL.

Started by bpd1151, February 06, 2018, 04:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bamsho

2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bamsho

2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

SHOdded

bpd1151

Yup, I sent Brian a short video clip yesterday, articulating my enthusiasm that they positioned me in a great spot.....

Literally 1 booth away from the beer vendor.

The acceptance committee must know me well. Haha

mval

mike, i bet the guy in the black car, looks like a pony but could be wrong, thought he was getting a good spot. wrong parked next to your magnificent display. good luck.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

bpd1151

Quote from: mval on March 09, 2018, 11:24:25 AM
mike, i bet the guy in the black car, looks like a pony but could be wrong, thought he was getting a good spot. wrong parked next to your magnificent display. good luck.
I have 2 Mustang's parked on either side of me. A black one, and a grabber blue one.

The show has yet to officially start, however, we had a tick over 3,500 high school aged students here from various schools on field trips.

As soon as they all came down the aisle, they literally all were "ooooh'ing & aaaah'ing" at the SHO, & completely bypassed the Pony's.

LOL. Needless to say, those owner's were not all that pleased. 40min to go before doors open.

The crowds gathering are surprising given It's a Friday and most are (or should be you would think) be at work....... crazy.

bamsho

Someone is very happy right now.  Im sure he will post later today.  He had a long weekend.

bpd1151

World of Wheels - Chicago 2018 was OUTSTANDING!!!

Well over 600 vehicles attended & competed in various classes.

I was placed within the "Conservative Hardtop" class.

Conservative one would ask. Right? Ha. That one left me puzzled to, until I began glancing around at all the other truly, truly outstanding vehicles positioned all around the show floor.

These fellow owners certainly brought their 'A' game and it was/is amazing to try and conceive the tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in most of these high class vehicles.

Made me humble knowing despite how much I enjoy my SHO, and how much time, talent, and treasure I've poured into mine, that I am still just an amateur in comparison.

That said, I am still very grateful at having been allowed to exhibit. I met so many wonderful car enthusiasts and spectators alike from all walks, all ages, and all ethnicities. It's nice knowing we all share a commonality in our love for motor vehicles.

What a great experience!

I had to laugh because some of competitors commented at the awards ceremony on how they grew tired of hearing people talk about my SHO. More importantly while those very same spectators were checking out their cars! LOL.

So yes, I am happy. Happy for a multitude of reasons. I was graciously bestowed a FIRST PLACE plaque for the aforementioned class. Wow! First time exhibiting and I received that level of recognition.

Completely and pleasantly surprised.

Elated I was able to inform so many people about the SHO platform as well as representing the SHO family at such a ginormous event.

Here's a few pics......

SHOdded

Congratulations!!!  The logo even looks like a shield, fitting :)  Did you get any ideas for future mods?  Plan to continue participating in WoW?

ZSHO

Congrats there bpd1151 and Truly well deserved.  Z  :clap2: :clap2:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bpd1151

Thanks fellas.

As far as ideas. Well....... I always have ideas. Just the wallet isn't as expansive as those very ideas are.

Undercarriage is a big deal it appears. That really requires a whole 'nother level of time, talent, and treasure.

Potentially lots of sanding, priming, painting and/or powder coating etc. and let's not forget the removal of parts, panels, etc. just to get to them. Then of course re-install.

I am proud to say that I was literally the only SHO at the show. Ha! So I had that going for me. LOL.

SHOdded

Never thought of the undercarriage as a big item, always audio, lighting, etc.  Interesting!  Time enough for making something happen before next year ;)