• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2018 World of Wheels -- Chicago, IL.

Started by bpd1151, February 06, 2018, 04:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
Rosemont, IL.
Friday March 9th thru Sunday March 11th, 2018

The acceptance committee has confirmed the approval of my SHO to exhibit on the MAIN FLOOR, along with numerous other top quality, custom cars of all makes, models, and years.

I will be in attendance for the duration of the event.

Additional details can be found by following the link below:

https://autorama.com/attend/chicago/

Please be sure to check out all the famous celebrities scheduled to make guest appearances, as well as all the other fun activities slated for each day.

Hope to see you there!

ZSHO

Congrats there bpd1151! Well deserved indeed.  Z  :band:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

One day I will get to see this in person :)  Enjoy, have a great time, and SMASH the competition!

I do like the Student Career Day event as well.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

gtmorgan23

2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

bpd1151

Thanks everyone.

I was both thankful and appreciative of being officially accepted. For anyone who has attended a World of Wheels event (they sanction several shows under this name, all throughout the country in most major cities), then you'll know 1st hand that the quality of the cars, builds, displays, etc. are all outstanding and top notch.

So it is cool to be recognized and I hope to draw as much attention to the SHO platform as possible, as I always have throughout my ownership since having purchased her.

Speaking of displays, there were/are a lot of necessary requirements in order to display. One of which were these stanchions as they are called (pictured). Not cheap either. In fact I nearly poopied on myself when I placed the order a few weeks ago.

From what I was told, the promoters attempt to limit and/or deflect liability by requiring these, which essentially are to act as a barrier to prevent spectators from touching, sitting inside the cars, etc.

I purchased them from this company here:

https://www.linelogic.com

I try to pass along helpful tips, experiences, as well as vendors I've used, to make it easier for any of you respectively.

This company does customize these in a variety of colors, finishes, heights and lengths, and even go so far as customizing the barrier tape as well! Neat stuff.

Of course, in keeping with the theme, I went with hi gloss white, and the barrier tape is a black/white combo.

Anyhoo...... Thanks once again for the props. I'm confident I'll enjoy myself. 3 long days of the event itself, plus 2 extra days beyond that (1 for roll-in, 1 for tear down and removal from the venue).

Bronco2fan

Very nice. I always marvel at what you've done with your SHO, inspires me. Now while you're there convince someone to make some go fast goodies for the SHO platform. >:D
2019 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue 5.0 PP, 2015 Audi Q7 TFSI Quattro. 2013 Ruby Red Metallic, PP.  06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition, 03 Mustang GT Conv, 84 Bronco II, and my 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2.

bpd1151

Received my paperwork via snail mail yesterday.

Booth #170 on the main floor.

Looks like I am required to roll-in 1 day earlier than I expected/requested.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, as I'll presume (w/o having a map available yet to confirm) that I will be closer to the center of things, as typically, those who roll-in 1st, have better show floor placement, and the promoters then "build" all the remaining exhibitors/vendors around the outer perimeter and towards the outer rings/circles of the venue.

By the way, seems that Saturday will be "THE" day (of the 3) to attend, as all of the remaining custom cars which attend the one day show located on the 2nd floor will be on display.

That aspect of the show is known as "Tuner Galleria". The TG show is what I have traditionally attended in the past.

Details on that portion can be found here:

http://tunergalleria.com/latest-news/2018-tuner-galleria-chicago-car-show

Hope to see some of you come out and enjoy all the great custom vehicles on display, products offered by the various aftermarket vendors, as well as meeting some of the celebrities slated to attend!

bpd1151

Well got a surprise phone call this morning, from a 313 area code, and a number which I did not recognize.

Customarily I don't answer such calls, but was in a mood...... boy am I glad I did.

It was a gentlemen from Ford Motor Company Corporate Marketing in Dearborn, inquiring on where I'd like my banners sent to.

Holy hell lemme tell 'ya, despite being awake early (a rarity as I work a 12hr overnight shift) I instantly sprung up and asked the gentleman to repeat himself. Yep. I wasn't hearing things. Nor was I dreaming.

He mentioned having heard from other Corporate Execs that I was looking for the following banners, which were on display near an official Ford Motor Co. booth at last year's 2017 GIANT Ford National's (pictured).

I confirmed that he was correct. He then proceeded to inquire if my show was this weekend? To which I replied "It is". He said "Well I better hurry up get these out to you then!"..... "I'll FedEx overnight them, and you'll get a confirmation email with tracking info from one of my coworkers".

So then shortly later..... BAM! The email arrives (pictured).

WOW! I am elated to say the least. Now mind you, this has been a near constant search for these since the 2017 National's. I really wanted to incorporate then into my overall display. It has been exhausting. Most contacts I know at FMC have retired, passed, or moved to other areas of the company and they had no idea how I should proceed.

But enough rattling of the proverbial cages appeared to have paid off.

So very thankful to all those involved and they each know who they were/are. Thank you Thank you THANK YOU!

SHOdded

Awesome does not even begin to describe this news!  A giant round of applause to the teamwork that made this happen  :alkashi: :alkashi:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mval

congrads mike on ford stepping up. have never seen a ford set of these.
seen a couple other manufacturer & model specific of these. for an outside show a pain in the but as have to be really anchored down. saw a guy with a hellcat get a nice scratch & ding off one tipping. wind is always troublesome for your display. good luck & being called early definitely means that you should get a good display position.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

ZSHO

X2 with SHOdded ^^^ Congrats bpd1151 and the Teamwork that made it happen. 
Truly well deserved.  Z   :clap2:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bpd1151

So, package arrived today.

But I noticed yesterday, when the tracking # went "live" that it was only 4lbs. Hmmm I thought to myself. Seems light.

Well, I opened it up, and inside were a few of these Ford Performance flags.....

Pretty cool for sure, but obviously not what I originally requested. Can't (& won't) complain, that's for sure.

So now I am left trying to figure out how to display these things. Since I am out of time, as roll-in for me is tomorrow morning, I'm thinking I may just end up laying these on the floor. At least for this event.

So while trying to figure out the above, I received a follow-up phone call from Mr. Goodwin. Super cool person. We chatted for a bit and I was able to tactfully finagle into the convo the original items I was looking for.

He said he was going to do his best to locate a pair, or at least source where I can get them from. So all in due time.

Patience and perseverance prevails.

In the interim, these flags are pretty F'n cool!

SHOdded

The work that goes into the glamour ... Tough road sometimes!

bpd1151

Quote from: SHOdded on March 06, 2018, 09:51:47 PM
The work that goes into the glamour ... Tough road sometimes!
So very true.

It's always an adventure of some sorts.

bpd1151

Couple of decals were sent my way to.....

For all those that dislike decals, I'll make up for each/all of you.

These must be worth what? 5hp total (2.5 p/side)....?

Lulz.