• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Running with the bull (cinnamon/umber content)

Started by Code AiR, February 04, 2018, 04:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackhawk

Factory 19s, good chance it isn't a PP unless someone swapped them previously.  Doesn't really matter much anyways in the grand scheme of things. 

dubcitySHO

Quote from: ZSHO on March 14, 2018, 10:45:04 AMIMHO from the color scheme to the wheel setup wouldn't even care if its a Performance package or NOT...from my perspective it simply looks that dam good! enjoy.  Z  :)

My thoughts exactly.  I've always loved the Cinnamon and the wheels definitely make it pop even more.

Plus once you get a tune the gearing advantage of the PP more or less disappears.
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

ZSHO

Quote from: dubcitySHO on March 14, 2018, 01:14:32 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on March 14, 2018, 10:45:04 AMIMHO from the color scheme to the wheel setup wouldn't even care if its a Performance package or NOT...from my perspective it simply looks that dam good! enjoy.  Z  :)

My thoughts exactly.  I've always loved the Cinnamon and the wheels definitely make it pop even more.

Plus once you get a tune the gearing advantage of the PP more or less disappears.
@ dubcitySHO That candy apple SHO of yours leaves nothing to be desired.  Z :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Blackhawk on March 14, 2018, 11:05:40 AM
Factory 19s, good chance it isn't a PP unless someone swapped them previously.  Doesn't really matter much anyways in the grand scheme of things.
It matters when you have an MKS and you are gathering impressions of the different suspensions on H&Rs before a final decision is made. The MKS gets base shocks so the only upgrade path is to rob the SHO parts bin or coilovers. I do not want to put a third suspension on because I chose wrong.

I had two gen 5's one PP, one non, and I much preferred then standard package. IMHO not enough of a performance increase to justify the harsh ride.

Blackhawk

I'm glad it matters to your specific case.  To the OP I was just assuring him he isn't missing much not having the PP.

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 14, 2018, 02:19:59 PM
Quote from: Blackhawk on March 14, 2018, 11:05:40 AM
It matters when you have an MKS and you are gathering impressions of the different suspensions on H&Rs before a final decision is made. The MKS gets base shocks so the only upgrade path is to rob the SHO parts bin or coilovers. I do not want to put a third suspension on because I chose wrong.

I had two gen 5's one PP, one non, and I much preferred then standard package. IMHO not enough of a performance increase to justify the harsh ride.

Code AiR

Quote from: ZSHO on March 14, 2018, 07:00:20 AM
@ Codeair is there a spare tire in the trunk?   Z

I haven't checked yet I will when I go on lunch break though.
Ignorance is curable (with knowledge), stupidity is not.

Code AiR

Quote from: ZSHO on March 14, 2018, 10:45:04 AM
Quote from: Code AiR on March 12, 2018, 08:10:51 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 12, 2018, 01:16:56 AM
Quote from: Code AiR on March 07, 2018, 02:41:22 PM
I think it could be a little lower. I am not "really" happy with the height but it's my daily so I don't rub and have full function. So it is what it is. The space in the rear is really bugging me with my new Roti's. Wheel specs; f20x8.5 / r20x10 .... Tire specs; f255/45/20 and r275/40/20

Really?

I'd be unbelievably happy how the drop and wheels turned out, its perfect!

Is yours a PP on non-PP?

Honestly idk lol. How do I tell?
IMHO from the color scheme to the wheel setup wouldn't even care if its a Performance package or NOT...from my perspective it simply looks that dam good! enjoy.  Z  :)

Thank you sir! Hopefully I can keep improving the aesthetics.

Code AiR

Do the PP's come with water-to-oil coolers that are plumed into the radiator core? I mean I guess it doesn't matter really I am going to go with drilled rotors and upgraded brake pads anyways. I already have H&R springs so that's taken care of. The only thing I wouldn't have is the gearing which from what I've read doesn't matter if you get a tune anyways. Plus the water to oil coolers. I guess I could upgrade the radiator if I wanted to.

SHOdded

No water to air coolers, assuming you are referring to the intercooler, in any SHO thus far; it is all air-to-air, hence the need for aftermarket solutions.  The advantages of PP really manifested with the Gen 5 because of the upgraded oil and trans fluid coolers, which can be used in Gen 4 applications, thanks to the detailed writeups by bpd.  Noone has attempted a radiator upgrade thus far that I know of, though I THINK bpd has upgraded fans?

A stroll through the HOWTO section is a good way to generate some ideas to make your Bull more ferocious :) and lighten your wallet (helping your ET's)!
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,107.0.html
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Code AiR

Quote from: SHOdded on March 14, 2018, 05:58:25 PM
No water to air coolers, assuming you are referring to the intercooler, in any SHO thus far; it is all air-to-air, hence the need for aftermarket solutions.  The advantages of PP really manifested with the Gen 5 because of the upgraded oil and trans fluid coolers, which can be used in Gen 4 applications, thanks to the detailed writeups by bpd.  Noone has attempted a radiator upgrade thus far that I know of, though I THINK bpd has upgraded fans?

A stroll through the HOWTO section is a good way to generate some ideas to make your Bull more ferocious :) and lighten your wallet (helping your ET's)!
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,107.0.html

Guess I know what I'll be doing in my spare time tonight at work. Thank you! I was going off a post from another forum. I had to double check on which gen the guy was referring to. It was posted in a 4th gen section but maybe it was referring to an older generation. *shoulder shrug*

Mike's contributed a lot from what I've seen on this forum.

SHOdded

Well, the whole topic of Gen 4 and Gen 5 has been muddied for some time, and a separate section for Gen 5 was never created as a result.  We used to call them Gen 4.1 and Gen 4.2, so Gen 4.x :)

2010-12 SHO = Gen 4
2013-??? SHO = Gen 5
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

markssho

Looks great, wheels are awesome.
Bring it up I81 to the Ford Nationals in June. We'd all love to see it!

Mark

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

Code AiR

Took advantage of one of the few sunny days we've had.

Code AiR

Quote from: markssho on March 17, 2018, 08:48:22 PM
Looks great, wheels are awesome.
Bring it up I81 to the Ford Nationals in June. We'd all love to see it!

Mark

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

Thank you very much! Where does this take place at?