• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Running with the bull (cinnamon/umber content)

Started by Code AiR, February 04, 2018, 04:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Code AiR

So I figured it is about time I make one of these. Man I love this car after throwing springs on it. I loved it before but I really do now.

Current modifications;
Muffler delete
H&R springs

Near future modifications;
CAI
MAP3 sensor
170 TSAT
Tune (undecided who)
Hard pipes
Tial BOV
New wheels (ordered)
Drilled/slotted rotors
Upgrade brake pads
AEM gauges

Distant future modifications;
Upgraded DRLs
Catted down pipes (ceramic coated)
2.5 exhaust piping (ceramic coated)
Upgraded tail lights (full LED)
Retro fitted head lights (painted, maybe DRLs)
Customer sway bars
APT turbos
Upgraded fuel system

Anyways I had a chance to put the bull to work over the weekend. This car feels so planted now, I can't wait to get some wider wheels on it.

Some snaps I got of the mountain and road conditions.

Oh and some umber and cinnamon content.

Ignorance is curable (with knowledge), stupidity is not.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

What model year is it again?

Cinnamon was one of the rarer colors to have been produced. Even more so with the two tone "Umber" interior color scheme.

FYI on the LED tails..... If you plan on doing them (as your mod list states) you will have to order an entire trunk lid from a 2013+, in addition to the complete (2013+) inner & outer tail assemblies as well.

Nice start you have going there. The snow pics reaffirm what so many of us already know about these cars..... that is they're a blast to drive!

Continue enjoying and be sure to continue posting your experiences with it.

Code AiR

Code AiR

Quote from: bpd1151 on February 04, 2018, 07:41:40 PM
What model year is it again?

Cinnamon was one of the rarer colors to have been produced. Even more so with the two tone "Umber" interior color scheme.

FYI on the LED tails..... If you plan on doing them (as your mod list states) you will have to order an entire trunk lid from a 2013+, in addition to the complete (2013+) inner & outer tail assemblies as well.

Nice start you have going there. The snow pics reaffirm what so many of us already know about these cars..... that is they're a blast to drive!

Continue enjoying and be sure to continue posting your experiences with it.

2010, yes sir mine is #19 of 199.

Oh I don't plan on going with the facelift sho tail lights. I plan on going with aftermarket LEDs. That's one of the few things I have looked into once I saw that about the trunk I dropped the idea. Until I found aftermarket modules. Will do sir thank you very much!

FoMoCoSHO

Welcome!

The first SHO I ever drove was basically the same car as yours...

I walked away because the brakes were garbage...many pro reviews agreed the car was underbraked... and since that was before EBPF I had no idea there were ways to correct it so I walked away.

Looking back, that was a huge mistake.

Beautiful car, congrats on your rare find!

markssho

Very nice, welcome to the 2010 Cinnamon team. This color was only offered on the 2010 SHO. (It was available on several other Ford and Lincoln's thru 2012.)

Mine is #149 of 199

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

Code AiR

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 04, 2018, 09:34:46 PM
Welcome!

The first SHO I ever drove was basically the same car as yours...

I walked away because the brakes were garbage...many pro reviews agreed the car was underbraked... and since that was before EBPF I had no idea there were ways to correct it so I walked away.

Looking back, that was a huge mistake.

Beautiful car, congrats on your rare find!

Thank you sir! Honestly I didn't like the color at first when I looked at the listing. It grew on me though and I love it now. I've always liked black interiors. I guess it's good to switch it up once in awhile.  I will agree the brakes are lacking.

Code AiR

Quote from: markssho on February 04, 2018, 10:01:16 PM
Very nice, welcome to the 2010 Cinnamon team. This color was only offered on the 2010 SHO. (It was available on several other Ford and Lincoln's thru 2012.)

Mine is #149 of 199

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

Hell yeah! *high five*

I thought this color would be challenge when find wheels to go with the color. It seems gray, bronze, silver, and gold are all good choices to pop against this color.

Code AiR

So I am still adjusting to using this form. I am used to searching by subject titles. The only concerns I have with this car is at what point do you upgrade injectors, at what point does the transmission become a concern, and at what point do you go with colder plugs?

SHOdded

You can go a LONG way before you have to upgrade any of those things.  All the way to about 450 awhp for a daily driver, with methanol injection, on the 2010-12.  Beyond that, transmission  limitations start coming into play.   The block, especially when built, still has a lot of headroom left tho.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Code AiR

Quote from: SHOdded on February 05, 2018, 02:14:41 PM
You can go a LONG way before you have to upgrade any of those things.  All the way to about 450 awhp for a daily driver, with methanol injection, on the 2010-12.  Beyond that, transmission  limitations start coming into play.   The block, especially when built, still has a lot of headroom left tho.

Oh awesome! Thank you. I noticed after I posted that injectors are good for awhile.

SHOdded

Sorry to burst the new-parts-excitement bubble :). I know I always looked forward to those shiny baubles!

Code AiR

So i am waiting on my last wheel to show up at the moment. I already have OEM band sensors ordered. I still am undecided on what tires to run. I plan on only using these during warmer months.

I have two questions on wheels though. I've seen some people say that you should have a tune when running bigger wheels? The specs I went with are 20x8.5f 20x10r. Are camber bolts required to run 10's in the rear?

Code AiR

I think it could be a little lower. I am not "really" happy with the height but it's my daily so I don't rub and have full function. So it is what it is. The space in the rear is really bugging me with my new Roti's. Wheel specs; f20x8.5 / r20x10 .... Tire specs; f255/45/20 and r275/40/20