• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Will the Magnaflow Flex or Explorer catback work on a SHO?

Started by CaptainInsane-O, February 03, 2018, 09:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainInsane-O

I'm a spendthrift by nature & the Explorer Sport and Flex Ecoboost exhaust systems from Magnaflex are notably less expensive than the one Iisted for the SHO. These cars share the same chassis, SOooo... anyone know if they will work on a SHO? (fingers crossed)

Heelfan1

2013 SHO non PP LMS Tuned, 160ts, 3 Bar, CAI, DP's
2013 EX Sport, LMS Tuned, 160ts,3 Bar, CAI
2018 Raptor H.O. Ecoboost LMS Tuned
2011 F150 Harley Edition 6.2 AWD(sold)
Whipple SC, JDM Tuned 600+ hp

CaptainInsane-O

Thanks for the response.

I am aware the systems have different part numbers, but that doesn't necessarily mean they do not share some, or (what I'm hoping for) all of the same components.

I've reached out to the manufacturer for clarification but unfortunately, haven't gotten a response yet.

Quote from: Heelfan1 on February 03, 2018, 10:08:57 PM
Won't fit, different part numbers.

ZSHO

Bit off Topic but I'm not quite sure if your heart is set on the Magnaflows but MRT does make an awesome exhaust and maybe something to consider which requires some modification ! some food for thought! Best of luck!  Z

https://www.shopmrt.com/2010-2014-Ford-Flex-V6-EcoBoost-Axle-Back-Exhaust-p/91p900.htm

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

hawkeye93

Try Hott Exhaust, you can get a coupon code for 25% off Magnaflow.  But as Heelfan1 indicated, you'll want the SHO catback, MF part 15769.  No tax, free shipping, too.

http://www.hottexhaust.com/pages/2018-coupons.html
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

CaptainInsane-O

Thanks, that actually helps a good bit.  Images on MRT's site make it clear that there is more pipe between the muffler and tip on the SHO version vs the Flex.

Quote from: ZSHO on February 15, 2018, 02:51:33 PM
Bit off Topic but I'm not quite sure if your heart is set on the Magnaflows but MRT does make an awesome exhaust and maybe something to consider which requires some modification ! some food for thought! Best of luck!  Z

https://www.shopmrt.com/2010-2014-Ford-Flex-V6-EcoBoost-Axle-Back-Exhaust-p/91p900.htm

CaptainInsane-O

Thanks, I will check them out.

Quote from: hawkeye93 on February 15, 2018, 03:52:39 PM
Try Hott Exhaust, you can get a coupon code for 25% off Magnaflow.  But as Heelfan1 indicated, you'll want the SHO catback, MF part 15769.  No tax, free shipping, too.

http://www.hottexhaust.com/pages/2018-coupons.html

jbrown9999

Had to bite the bullet and get the Magnaflow cat-back!!  That was the one I had already decided on and to get it shipped for under $900 is crazy.
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

jbrown9999

Damn...getting parts for your car is like gambling!  I started and couldn't stop!  exhaust, plugs, stat, 3bar, MSD coils and M-design intake!

Next will be my set of hot pipes from Eco Power before 4/15!

I'll have to plan this out so I can get my tunes to match as I go!
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

ZSHO

Quote from: jbrown9999 on February 15, 2018, 11:05:36 PM
Damn...getting parts for your car is like gambling!  I started and couldn't stop!  exhaust, plugs, stat, 3bar, MSD coils and M-design intake!

Next will be my set of hot pipes from Eco Power before 4/15!

I'll have to plan this out so I can get my tunes to match as I go!
Same here and started off with an Airaid CAI many years ago until the MOD BUG took over and look @ my signature now! Lol ! enjoy the ride!  Z  ;)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

What is this mod bug you speak of and why have I not heard of it.  LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on February 16, 2018, 12:33:36 PM
What is this mod bug you speak of and why have I not heard of it.  LOL.
Manu you Sly dog you! Lol! Awe! Z    ;)