• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ford patent spoofs bigger engine sound for fuel savings

Started by SHOdded, February 03, 2018, 03:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

ncole

Interesting that car design engineers are now psychologist lol.  Our cars certainly have the engine noise enhanced in the cab.  Put it in neutral and rev it, you can barely hear it.  Put it in drive and rev it with the brake on and it is much louder. Many cars do it, it is pretty subtle on ours compared to others I have heard and read about.
2011 black on black SHO.  MDesign CAI, Livernois 93 Stage 4 Plus X RACE 3BAR (running some E85 in to boost octane), 160° Thermostat, Livernois gapped plugs, 3 bar MAP

FoMoCoSHO

StealBlueSho

Great... someone is gonna release a modification to amplify the fake engine noise.... and I am gonna have to listen to kids talk about how fast their geo metros are.... again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Quote from: stealbluesho on February 06, 2018, 08:09:13 PM
Great... someone is gonna release a modification to amplify the fake engine noise.... and I am gonna have to listen to kids talk about how fast their geo metros are.... again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now that right there is comical.

I'll admit to having giggle snorted slightly upon reading that post.

Thanks for the laugh there SBS.