• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Walnut blasting SHO

Started by Bklynite, February 01, 2018, 04:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bklynite

Has anyone tried walnut blasting there SHO?
2011 SHO - Catless 2.5 Downpipes, GH Intercooler, K&N air filter, JLT Cath Can, H&R Coil Springs

Agentlongwood

I'd love to find a place in Orlando that would do it affordably.  I watched some youtube clips of other makes having it done and the difference is staggering.  I'm basically sold on the process, just want to find a place that can do it.  I think the issue is that BMW uses a special tool that fits exactly into one intake route at a time and prevents the dust from getting on other parts.  To my knowledge they do not make that piece for our motors.  It can still be done, no problem, but it has to be freehand instead of with a fancy specialty tool.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

Bklynite

Quote from: Agentlongwood on February 01, 2018, 10:15:49 PM
I'd love to find a place in Orlando that would do it affordably.  I watched some youtube clips of other makes having it done and the difference is staggering.  I'm basically sold on the process, just want to find a place that can do it.  I think the issue is that BMW uses a special tool that fits exactly into one intake route at a time and prevents the dust from getting on other parts.  To my knowledge they do not make that piece for our motors.  It can still be done, no problem, but it has to be freehand instead of with a fancy specialty tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 SHO - Catless 2.5 Downpipes, GH Intercooler, K&N air filter, JLT Cath Can, H&R Coil Springs

Bklynite

Quote from: Bklynite on February 05, 2018, 12:59:31 PM

There is a shop in South Miami (Nationwide Transmissions) that does it for Benz & BMW's, he has 2 of those vacuum tips that lets him blast and vacuum at the same time but doesn't know if he can use it for the yamaha engine. I settled for this combustion cleaner and fuel injection cleaner he supplies , as soon as he figures that out i will definitely consider it.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Bklynite

Quote from: SHOdded on February 05, 2018, 02:08:06 PM
Yamaha engine?
Yamaha Motor Corp makes the engine,right?
Thats what I thought I read somewhere.

SHOdded

They did for Gens 1-3.  The Ecoboosts are all Ford.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Bklynite

SHOdded

Most welcome, sir!  Believe you me, I was disappointed that there would be no more Yamaha bits in the "new" SHO, but at least we HAVE a SHO!

nickstewartroc

Any luck on finding one?
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

Bklynite

no, been pretty busy and never followed up on the blasting, pardon me.