• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

3" Exhaust Available?

Started by CaptainInsane-O, January 29, 2018, 01:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainInsane-O

So... aside from custom fabbed, there are no 3" exhaust systems available for the SHO?  😲

SHOdded

You mean turboback/catback?  No prefabbed that I know of.

3" downpipes you can get from Unleashed  Tuning, I think.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

J-Will

Quote from: SHOdded on January 29, 2018, 02:49:20 PM
You mean turboback/catback?  No prefabbed that I know of.

3" downpipes you can get from Unleashed  Tuning, I think.

Those have been off his website for a long time now.  In fact, the DPs he sells are SW now.
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

EcoPowerParts

I highly suggest you listen to a 2.5" straight through setup, it doesn't sound good IMHO and many others. Nothing like doing a custom exhaust and then undoing it. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

CaptainInsane-O

Kinda disappointing / surprising that nothing bigger than 2.5" is readily available.  Turbo cars like to BREATHE...

Loud is no problem for me, I'm coming from an '05 SRT4 with 3" mandrel pipe from the turbo back & a Dynomax race bullet muffler where the cat used to be.  Ride before that was an '01 Lightning with Bassani headers & exhaust.

AJP turbo

Quote from: CaptainInsane-O on January 29, 2018, 08:07:00 PM
Kinda disappointing / surprising that nothing bigger than 2.5" is readily available.  Turbo cars like to BREATHE...

Loud is no problem for me, I'm coming from an '05 SRT4 with 3" mandrel pipe from the turbo back & a Dynomax race bullet muffler where the cat used to be.  Ride before that was an '01 Lightning with Bassani headers & exhaust.

They like to breathe when they are moving air and these baby turbos aren't really moving much.....dual 2.5" pipes are moving plenty of exhaust for our turbos is say
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

CaptainInsane-O

Exactly how small? Are the turbos' specs available?

I'm coming from an SRT4 & the Skittle's turbo is pretty pretty itty bitty but it definitely benefitted from moving from a 2.5" Mopar exhaust to a 3" B&B knockoff. 

AJP turbo

Quote from: CaptainInsane-O on February 03, 2018, 08:55:25 PM

I'm coming from an SRT4 & the Skittle's turbo is pretty pretty itty bitty but it definitely benefitted from moving from a 2.5" Mopar exhaust to a 3" B&B knockoff.

The sho's Turbos are smaller I think...that's why they can make 20 psi if programmed correctly...not that we have the fuel for that anyway....also you dopar only had single exhaust..so do the math on dual 2.5" pipes ...it's a lot more than a single 3" pipe

Only smaller turbos I have seen were on motorcycle turbos lol

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

Vortech347

Garrett GT15. They are effing TINY.  So small, that for me at higher elevation they get their asses kicked when asking for above stock power out of them.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

Colorado-SHOBro

here's a visual for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

AJP turbo

Yeah it's crazy..The first time I took my downpipes off and saw the turbine I couldn't believe that an entire bank of cylinders' exhaust exits through that hole AND passing through the restriction that is the wheel itself.

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Hey, there is something to be said for engineering  miracles lol.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

CaptainInsane-O

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it.

SilvererSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on February 03, 2018, 09:12:51 PM

The sho's Turbos are smaller I think...that's why they can make 20 psi if programmed correctly...not that we have the fuel for that anyway....also you dopar only had single exhaust..so do the math on dual 2.5" pipes ...it's a lot more than a single 3" pipe

Not a whole lot though.  A single 3.5" exhaust will flow better than a dual 2.5" exhaust.  Single exhausts flow better than dual exhausts because they keep the exhaust gases hotter than a dual exhaust.  Dual exhausts expose more surface area to the atmosphere and run cooler.  Cooler air is thicker and flows less than hot air.  Same reason black cars are faster than silver and white cars. ;D
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

AJP turbo

Quote from: SilvererSHO on February 06, 2018, 01:42:18 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on February 03, 2018, 09:12:51 PM

Not a whole lot though.  A single 3.5" exhaust will flow better than a dual 2.5" exhaust.  Single exhausts flow better than dual exhausts because they keep the exhaust gases hotter than a dual exhaust.  Dual exhausts expose more surface area to the atmosphere and run cooler.  Cooler air is thicker and flows less than hot air.  Same reason black cars are faster than silver and white cars. ;D

3" pipe would have about 28% reduction in area so I don't know if I would say "not a whole lot though"...I don't know that the temp of the pipe after the turbos matter much, I think you are reaching there

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress