• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

please help me understand what the crap is going on? (wastegates) : Resolved!!!

Started by TopherSho, January 28, 2018, 12:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

Ok here attached is a short log.  It is of 3rd gear where in my car does its super bad stuttering, stalling.  I USED to think the issue was the wastegates. (this thread: https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=8568.msg132442#msg132442But now i just do not know jack s***... /omg rage!/   :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

Note the Boost spikes to 218 repeatedly,  then he subsequent drops!  so the wastgates //to me// appear to work.  They are dropping pressure and boost goes down VERY quickly,  but then it just does it again.. juts as quickly.

W
T
A
F
!
?

I am so *ucking desperate .. does ANYONE have any ideas ?  I plan on pulling the PCM to look at it .. but I'm not even remotely convinced that's the issue.

I agree the data log is probably to short.  I will get a new one today that is much longer. also ignore the OAR  i just flashed it over 40 minutes before the log.

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

StealBlueSho

I don't see anything in the log that would make the car fall flat on its face and stutter...although your load drop from 450 to 399 relatively quickly but your boost doesnt follow that... not sure what is going on there...

Your throttle is closing up twice in the third gear pull.. but I am not sure if your tuner is using throttle to control the load? If they are it could be that... but your LTFT and STFT are within reason... and you ARE holding boost a bit above desired... but not much.. a couple kpa...

Your RPMs are not smooth however.. not sure what is going on there? Could just be how the data is being recorded but its not a smooth acceleration..

Small amount KR but not much... I am surprised you are getting any KR with OAR sitting at -.30...

Are you recording to a laptop? or through the SCT device?

Why don't you email Brad? You sig says you are tuned by him.. not sure why you don't speak to him directly... 

Additionally... your sig also says you are spraying meth... your logs suggests otherwise.. no reduction in IAT's, the STFT+LTFT don't show the added fuel, and you shouldn't be seeing ANY KR at that spark and boost if you are spraying... IMHO..

TopherSho

Well This was in front of my face and i did not see it.  it is a symptom .. but I have no idea what it means..

look at the short log from last night.
now look at the look i just attached here from my meth tune test.

see how smooth the boost is and how smooth the wastegate levels are?
Now look at last nights ...

see the spikes?.. THERE ALL THE WAY TROUGH THE LOG and appear to be regular intervals..   Not just Above the desired boost level.  but at ALL levels.  what crack does that means ??

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

TopherSho

Quote from: stealbluesho on January 28, 2018, 12:28:22 PM
I don't see anything in the log that would make the car fall flat on its face and stutter...although your load drop from 450 to 399 relatively quickly but your boost doesnt follow that... not sure what is going on there...

Your throttle is closing up twice in the third gear pull.. but I am not sure if your tuner is using throttle to control the load? If they are it could be that... but your LTFT and STFT are within reason... and you ARE holding boost a bit above desired... but not much.. a couple kpa...

Your RPMs are not smooth however.. not sure what is going on there? Could just be how the data is being recorded but its not a smooth acceleration..

Small amount KR but not much... I am surprised you are getting any KR with OAR sitting at -.30...

Are you recording to a laptop? or through the SCT device?

I am going to get a cleaner log today. 
-AJPtune/brad
-SCT logger
-nothing different than the last 60 or so datalogs.

I am glad your confused. /sorry/  ,, because I am at my literal wits end. 3000$+ in parts and were right where we were.

StealBlueSho

Your log that was posted today does not show you spraying anything....

TopherSho

Quote from: stealbluesho on January 28, 2018, 12:34:00 PM
Your log that was posted today does not show you spraying anything....

meth is off,  and i'm on a non-meth tune.  in fact i am on a less aggressive tune.  let me dig up a non-meth datalog.

TopherSho

here is a non-meth tune.  This is revision 11 of Brad's magic,  this is WAY before meth,  and it is a mild tune.

TopherSho

Going down stairs.  Single parenting .. probably be a bit before i get back in the forum.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: TopherSho on January 28, 2018, 12:38:34 PM
here is a non-meth tune.  This is revision 11 of Brad's magic,  this is WAY before meth,  and it is a mild tune.

Its like the resolution on the new log is all out of wack... I am not sure why its doing that? The way your new log is being presented makes it harder to tell wtf is actually going on...

TopherSho

hmm well I will look up how to reset it.  maybe that will help.

ZSHO

@ TopherSho you need to take a deep breath and relax my friend!
I Don't think you need the extra stress!   :smoke:
I can certainly emphasize and feel for you my friend!
I must admit as far as tuning goes your in the best hands with AJP no doubt!

I thought the warranty covered partial  1500.00! Dunno!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TopherSho

Quote from: ZSHO on January 28, 2018, 12:55:25 PM

I thought the warranty covered s partial  1500.00! Dunno!  Z

2800$ out of pocket after warranty coverage.

ZSHO

Quote from: TopherSho on January 28, 2018, 01:04:59 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on January 28, 2018, 12:55:25 PM

I thought the warranty covered s partial  1500.00! Dunno!  Z

2800$ out of pocket after warranty coverage.
I'm hoping the Tax man will give you some additional credit in the weeks to come! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TopherSho

Hmm i do not see a way to reset the SCT device. all I an see is update and or update firmware which seem to be the same thing ?

flashing back to stock
then i will update the firmware on the SCT.  I have never down the SCT update as it worked so i left it alone.
then i will put the best-non-meth tune back on.

TopherSho

I put a after hours trouble ticket into SCT.. i suspect it is just the option to update the firmware.. but we will see.

then i will have to put back the mild tune drive around for a while and then get a much more complete log of the wastegate / bad boost issue.