• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Big spending on the SHO today

Started by Wardog692, January 24, 2018, 12:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmezo33

Quote from: Wardog692 on January 25, 2018, 12:47:28 PM
Will try to remember to update this once I get my car back. I know he said Moog for the tie rods, I might've just applied that to the struts as well. I really wish I had a lift/jack so I could learn and do some of this stuff myself.

Pretty much everything you need for all of those jobs.  Maybe add a better ball peen hammer to beat on the steering knuckle, a breaker bar, and a torque wrench, but that's pretty much it.  Great little starter kit. 

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton-Steel-Heavy-Duty-Floor-Jack-with-Rapid-Pump-68048.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiMjkwNjM5OTciLCJza3UiOiI2ODA0OCIsImlzIjoiNzkuOTkiLCJwcm9kdWN0X2lk%0D%0AIjoiNzc4OCJ9%0D%0A

https://www.amazon.com/Torin-Big-Steel-Jack-Stands/dp/B000CO86BY

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-227-Piece-Standard-SAE-and-Metric-Mechanic-s-Tool-Set-with-Hard-Case/50200795

Izzybird

I believe moog struts are just rebranded, not sure who makes them. I steered clear of them after seeing a lot of negative feedback from people that installed them.
Wife's '15 SHO non PP

Wardog692

Update as promised. Y'all were right, they called and stated the filter can't be serviced, but my gasket was cracked anyways so it was needed.

Parts replaced:
Trans gasket
7L Mercon LV
R&L Front Struts/Coils
Inner/outer tie rods, both sides
Control arm bushings
2x engine mounts "torque strut mounts"
Alignment
2010 SHO 402b non PP
BOV VTA w/ K&N Breather Filters
mDesign CAI
35% Tint
BrakePerformance drilled/slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads

SHOdded

So the trans was leaking?  Not sure which gasket they were referring to.  But anyway, if your SHO feels great now, that is the result we want.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mjhpadi

I had the BG transmission service done when I did a fluid swap on the SHO and just had the same done with my Mustang.  I also have it done when I get the fluid changed in the PTU.  Seems to keep the parts clean and also the fluids have looked OK when they were changed, but then I only have 41K miles on the SHO....
Seems like a reasonable cost less than $200 for the service and change of transmission fluid.
   I can relate to the cost of suspension repairs. Just had the struts and shocks replace on the Mustang (98 GT) and between parts and labor getting close to $600....
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Wardog692

Quote from: SHOdded on January 26, 2018, 07:07:41 PM
So the trans was leaking?  Not sure which gasket they were referring to.  But anyway, if your SHO feels great now, that is the result we want.
Yep, SHO feels great, and the shop now has a new trans flush machine for all my future fluid exchanges for much cheaper!
2010 SHO 402b non PP
BOV VTA w/ K&N Breather Filters
mDesign CAI
35% Tint
BrakePerformance drilled/slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads

SHOdded