• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New member out of Minnesota

Started by Cole.C, January 22, 2018, 02:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cole.C

Had bought a 2013 (Pigmobile) Taurus Police Interceptor Ecoboost for too good of a deal 8500$ to pass up replaced ptu on it 2 weeks after purchasing it maintained everything seems like a decent vehicle for the price. Have been enjoying the abundant sources of info from some of these other members. Definitely a few amazing Ecoboost pioneers on these forums appreciate anything I can learn/apply to my new hobby car as it will enjoy it's remainder days garage parked as I imagine it's already had a fairly hard life as a police vehicle out of Baxter Mn haha. Should be a fun project toy car in the long run!

Thanks to all those who contribute to these forums!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ecoboostsho

Welcome fellow Minnesotan! Currently getting a foot of snow here just south of the cities. Car is a ton of fun in the snow!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

NoCallNoSHO

Yup, yesterdays storm was a blast in the SHO. I told my old lady it's a SHOstorm and she didn't like it. We got around a foot in the western burbs last night. Let me know when the MN dudes want to get together or something... Could be a good time.
2015 SHO nonPP - LMS v11 91 Octane Tune | Intake | Gapped plugs | Thermostat | De-badged | SE "Taurus" Fender badges | Summer & Winter Wheels | Someday Vlogger "My wife doesn't KNO I drive a SHO"

SHOdded

Great deal, welcome, Cole!  Post pics of your new ride when you get a chance :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Cole.C

luckily got no snow off that last storm. Can't wait for snow to melt. Need to get my exhaust cutoffs installed and my crappy obx downpipes reinstalled with both precat bungs  rewelded in the correct spot since the one on the rear bank sensor 1 location was so far off from the oem location about 4 and a half inches as well as on the wrong spot of the pipe for mounting purposes  I was getting lean fuel mixture codes with the pipes Installed on top of the magnum tuning cel devices which  caused me a second set of codes had just threw the stock pipes back in and parked the car as winter was around the corner.. hopefully with the bdg mini cat defoulers and the o2 sensors in the correct location it will work with my current situation but if not I'm purchasing a tune from AJP tomorrow as a back up plan as I refuse to have my stock down pipes reinstalled twice... hopefully if plan 1 fails the tune will solve my issues.
Very excited I think I've solved my issues with these cheap dps thanks to people off this forum.
can't wait for this crappy MinneSNOWta weather to go away for a couple months haha.

PDSHO

Greetings from Nebraska!
We had a lot of snow here yesterday, and my cruiser handled it well.
How many miles on yours? Post some pics.

Greg
2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost

SilvererSHO

Welcome.  What area are you from?  Uff da, nice buy there!
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

SilvererSHO

Quote from: PDSHO on January 23, 2018, 05:21:25 PM
Greetings from Nebraska!
We had a lot of snow here yesterday, and my cruiser handled it well.
How many miles on yours? Post some pics.

Greg

You should be the first to have both banks of the engine exit through an equal length exhaust system if you're going to install cutouts and downpipes anyway.  I've got a theory that's why they don't sound as good as you can make the Ecoboost trucks sound. The front and rear exhaust systems are too far apart in length before they combine into the front resonator.
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

Cole.C

I'll post pictures once I get my uncle's body shops pdr guy to take a look at the 4 cuff mark dents around the rear passenger door and one on the driver and removal of that exterior hand light + door keypad + hooking the OEM keypad on the door back up if possible.. need to drop like 900$ into it's body for that 100% perfect body condition

will post a short clip of how exhaust sounds as well. Im kinda glad I had this downpipe problem atleast I can use exhaust wrap and a clear ceramic coating high temp paint to cover the wrap. At the same time of this install I'll see if I can get my local mechanic to wrap the rest of my exhaust while its on the lift should be fine with 2x2"-100ft rolls  gonna make sure it's securely double wrapped on my down pipes and down by my ptu as I hear the heat shielding is fairly poor around that area. Just replaced ptu so anything that can keep this new one going is a + to me.

ZSHO

Welcome aboard the E.B,.P.F Cole.C! Pics are a must in these parts of town! Lol.
Glad to have you and your PI on board! Thanks for joining!  Z  :WELCOME:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|