• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Oh no, it's another NOOB!

Started by CaptainInsane-O, January 15, 2018, 05:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainInsane-O

Long time car guy, first time poster.

I picked up a gently used 2011 SHO few days ago & figured I should hunt down the best forum for getting learnt on these here things so... TAG, y'all are it!  Look for me to pester the board with questions about the best approach to changing my ride's shifter fluid and how to adjust the carb's floats for more of that there boost stuff.

I've had many, many cars & trucks over the years and most have been given the go-fast treatment.  I was a moderator over at turbobuick dot com back in the day and the president of the Houston Buick Club for several years.  The SHO is replacing a rather worn out beater of an '05 SRT4 and I am looking forward to learning more about this ecobeast tank of a sedan.... If you guys, gals & whatever you are's can stand my middle aged humor and wisdom bombs that is. 

Yours in Love,

El Kapitan de Loco

bpd1151

Carb's??? Oh dear. SMH.

You won't be re-jetting anything on this platform. Ha!

Welcome aboard. Great place here. You'll enjoy yourself.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Welcome, NOOB, you must be the author of "Mi Vida Loca", eh?  Congrats on the new ride, hope it treats you well.

Don't let bpd fool ya.  You can carb-convert these cars, get some REAL action going.  LOL.

Please do post pics!!!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Spoolin-SVT

Welcome to the forum! Post up some pics of your new ride.

Its a BIG improvement over your last daily driver. Congrats on becoming one of the fortunate ones to own a SHO.

I had a 84 grand national for a short while and I used turbobuick to learn lots of information at the time!
1991 Modfox IRS (Eaton swap in the works)
1993 2.3T Ported head/cam HX35
1997 Cobra Built engine Billet S476
2010 Ford SHO Daily Driver

CaptainInsane-O

Sorry, no matter how many times I put my Polaroid pictures in the floppy drive this dang Commodore won't put them out on the internets... maybe if I hold them against the screen?

ZSHO

Quote from: CaptainInsane-O on January 16, 2018, 12:15:15 PM
Sorry, no matter how many times I put my Polaroid pictures in the floppy drive this dang Commodore won't put them out on the internets... maybe if I hold them against the screen?
Pm me the link!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

CaptainInsane-O

Sadly, I don't have any photos hosted on the interweb. Have a couple on my awesome Razr but attaching doesn't seem to be working for this dummy.

OK, think I got it. Had to update file type, the board didn't like jpeg...

SHOdded

Smallish pic, but glad the c64 gave up the goods, LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

irondoor19

Love your Tag Line,
and as i have Already Blown up a Perfectly Good
Low Mileage Motor (less than 35K) I may steal it,
welcome to the Forum, and good SHO ing to U
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

PDSHO

Welcome Captain, I too am a middle aged guy, and like you have been playing with cars all my life. I used to bracket race against Buick Turbos in club clash, I ran Pontiacs.
There is a wealth of knowledge here, I mostly have trouble with all the acronyms but keep reading and I eventually figure it out.
As far as these "Tanks" The power I recognize, the great handling and surefootedness came as a bit of a nice surprise!
2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost

CaptainInsane-O

Thanks!

Tag line refers to what I do for a living. I'm the senior lab rat in a materials & product test lab for an oilfield products company. The engineering team designs stuff and I figure out how to best take those things to their breaking point. 

Quote from: irondoor19 link=topic=8774.msg131738#msg131738
date=1516207618

Love your Tag Line,
and as i have Already Blown up a Perfectly Good
Low Mileage Motor (less than 35K) I may steal it,
welcome to the Forum, and good SHO ing to U