• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SBS 2010 SHO Pictures

Started by StealBlueSho, January 20, 2018, 10:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quick detail with "possible" list pictures...

2010 Taurus Non-PP 59500 Miles.. mods in signature..

What do you think its worth private party?

StealBlueSho

StealBlueSho

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bpd1151

Still LOVE that color. GLWS!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on January 21, 2018, 04:49:36 PM
Still LOVE that color. GLWS!

Thanks for the compliment! Not sure I am ready to sell it... lots of interest in the parts but not so much on the car as a whole...

I want to go faster... I'm getting more serious about finding a shop that is willing to work with me on the PTU/Transmission/RDU issue.... if that is a bust then I will probably sell...

If I can find a shop that is willing and has the knowledge to do it then I will keep it... AND contact super 6 about a stroked 3.5... although the custom deck from LMS is also on the table... depends on what I can do about the drive train.....

StealBlueSho

I am going to contact LMS tomorrow as well about the drive train... I know BPD has obviously... but I can afford at this point to send the car off to figure it out. But they charge top dollar so we will see...

bpd1151

Although off topic from your original thread, and I have no desire to derail your potential sale, but since you mentioned the possibility of the drivetrain, etc. I'll expound briefly.....

I will simply add that Dan Millen has been VERY IMPRESSED with the custom built trans that they had subcontracted out, for their EB Mustang that beat all the records the same day mine did at Milan a few years back.

Dan did inform me "when I am ready" to let him know, and he'd feel VERY COMFORTABLE referring me to the same facility for a trans for my SHO.

Honestly, I've had about zero motivation to do so, because no one really has shown interest to date, in challenging the current record (although Todd Weaver came this/close, but he even his desire to keep trucking forward seemed less and less when we last spoke).

It would be great to see a new person (perhaps you) moving the platform to that next step / next plateau that lies ahead. Me and Todd, and a few select others have done our proverbial best(s) over the years.

So maybe give D. Millen a shout, and see if that option is still available. Good luck in (all) aspects ahead.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on January 21, 2018, 07:59:07 PM
Although off topic from your original thread, and I have no desire to derail your potential sale, but since you mentioned the possibility of the drivetrain, etc. I'll expound briefly.....

I will simply add that Dan Millen has been VERY IMPRESSED with the custom built trans that they had subcontracted out, for their EB Mustang that beat all the records the same day mine did at Milan a few years back.

Dan did inform me "when I am ready" to let him know, and he'd feel VERY COMFORTABLE referring me to the same facility for a trans for my SHO.

Honestly, I've had about zero motivation to do so, because no one really has shown interest to date, in challenging the current record (although Todd Weaver came this/close, but he even his desire to keep trucking forward seemed less and less when we last spoke).

It would be great to see a new person (perhaps you) moving the platform to that next step / next plateau that lies ahead. Me and Todd, and a few select others have done our proverbial best(s) over the years.

So maybe give D. Millen a shout, and see if that option is still available. Good luck in (all) aspects ahead.

Just an update.. I called LMS today and spoke to Cody. He said that he will do some digging to see what he can find and get back to me. He mentioned that someone had taken the drive train apart to see what can be done but no real improvements came out of it (at least from what he can recall)..  I did offer that if they need the car for a period of time to really dig into it, I am game for that as well, cost obviously being a factor there.

We did have a nice conversation about BPD1151's SHO and they did say there was room for improvement in the 1/4 mile times but that Mike babies his SHO ;-)

I will follow up again once I hear back from LMS... I am also going to call the local speed shop out my way to see what they have to say as well...

bpd1151

Ha.

LOL @ me "babying my SHO".

Admittedly, I have been easier on it with the passage of time. But that is purposely done, as I really truly do enjoy the car, and strongly desire to keep it long term.

I'm always amazed at how well the (term used loosley) "older" guys maintain their older/previous GEN's of SHO's.

Inspirational to say the least. I'd like to be the foundation for that very same inspiration for those younger kids/owners that perhaps can experience all that a SHO is, presuming that is, that mother Ford continues building them well into the future.

But yes, my very 1/4 mile times can be improved. More "stuff" has been released since my build, that I could choose to take advantage of, but I hold off for now, because the drivetrain is the next plateau that needs to be conquered.

Good luck SBS!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on January 22, 2018, 12:38:25 PM
Ha.

LOL @ me "babying my SHO".

Admittedly, I have been easier on it with the passage of time. But that is purposely done, as I really truly do enjoy the car, and strongly desire to keep it long term.

I'm always amazed at how well the (term used loosley) "older" guys maintain their older/previous GEN's of SHO's.

Inspirational to say the least. I'd like to be the foundation for that very same inspiration for those younger kids/owners that perhaps can experience all that a SHO is, presuming that is, that mother Ford continues building them well into the future.

But yes, my very 1/4 mile times can be improved. More "stuff" has been released since my build, that I could choose to take advantage of, but I hold off for now, because the drivetrain is the next plateau that needs to be conquered.

Good luck SBS!

To be honest, Cody seemed pretty well versed in the history of the drivetrain issues once you push the envelope and didn't sound optimistic. We will see what they say...