• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

LS Swap into 2010 SHO

Started by StealBlueSho, January 20, 2018, 09:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Well, you did ask for opinions, and those who know me well, do know that I don't sugar coat things.

But I am glad to see no offense was taken, because none was intended. But it was/is merely my opinion.

Seems plenty of others are steering you clear from such an adventure as well. Just in a more subtle manner.

I am glad to see though, that this c**k-a-manie idea was not initiated by you, but merely presented to you as an idea.

You get kudo points for that! LOL.

Heed the communities advice. That's all.

Love you. Smoochies.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Agentlongwood

Well anything is possible, all it takes it money.  You could absolutely build it to retain functionality of all your factory instrument cluster and electronics.  Flyin Miata does it all the time with the LS swapped Miatas.  It's just not a plug-n-play solution.  It just takes more money to make it work.  So if that's something you really want, and have the cash for, then there's nothing holding you back.  A V8 rear wheel drive SHO sounds awesome, and it may seem more like what you would expect from the factory in a sport sedan. 

The Coyote swap would be cooler, sure.  It would also be more expensive, and longer development time.  LS swaps are way more common, so it would be quicker and easier to get sorted.  If you do swap for an LS, then you can start with a base motor and once you get the swap done, mod the motor to your taste.  The LS aftermarket is bottomless.  You will never run out of things to make you go faster.

Personally, my 2 cents is this:  Take the money that it would cost to swap, and put it into getting a custom, fully built transmission and PTU for your existing drive train.  Once those parts can handle higher power levels, you can start extracting some real power from the EcoBoost.  You could go for a legit "big turbo" set up.  Have some custom exhaust manifolds, hotpipes, and downpipes made, and throw some insane sized turbos on the car.  Go REALLLY crazy and be the first guy to do a monster SINGLE turbo SHO.  Then smash BPD's record at the drag strip.  Which will make him start chasing bigger numbers, and all the new parts that come out of it will trickle down to us peasants, lol.

So yeah, if your heart is really set on an LS, and you have the money and the patience, go for it.  I just think it'd be way cooler to break through the current performance plateau the SHO platform has been sitting on.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

bpd1151

Incredibly well articulated there Agent LW.

**APPLAUSE**

ZSHO

I know it's unrelated to the Topic but would invest in getting a newer SHO IMHO or something similar depending on your budget and unfortunately our vehicles are not getting any newer and loosing value as the years go by!
Best of luck my friend!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

derfdog15

If you want an LS swapped car, just buy a foxbody roller and throw an LS in that. I cant see any reason to throw an LS into a perfectly running SHO, and spend probably half the value of the car to swap to the LS, especially with the amount of mods you've done that would need to be repurposed or go to waste.

In a non SHO model, maybe, but in a SHO, I say no. You want an LS car, go get an SS instead and spare the SHO.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

AJP turbo

Quote from: derfdog15 on January 21, 2018, 03:23:19 PM
If you want an LS swapped car, just buy a foxbody roller and throw an LS in that. I cant see any reason to throw an LS into a perfectly running SHO, and spend probably half the value of the car to swap to the LS, especially with the amount of mods you've done that would need to be repurposed or go to waste.

In a non SHO model, maybe, but in a SHO, I say no. You want an LS car, go get an SS instead and spare the SHO.

Half the value of the car?....id say it would be double the value of his sho if not more....parts labor and yes there will be fab oh yes there will be fab

I'm with derf....You want an LS I'd get a Pontiac G8 and mod it or an SS and mod that because once you LS swap a SHO you would lose the FWD and you'd essentially have a G8 or SS anyway.

And good luck getting your gauges to work..I know there are companies that make wiring harness' for engine swaps but those are for popular swaps....With the high speed CAN BUS and all the body modules I say good luck with all of that..You'd be finding things that don't work constantly....ANd how about DBW? You'd need a pedal assembly from a DBW LS engine or go cable throttle and if you used a GM ECU the rest of SHO's electronic controls are screwed
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on January 21, 2018, 03:36:02 PM
Quote from: derfdog15 on January 21, 2018, 03:23:19 PM

Half the value of the car?....id say it would be double the value of his sho if not more....parts labor and yes there will be fab oh yes there will be fab

I'm with derf....You want an LS I'd get a Pontiac G8 and mod it or an SS and mod that because once you LS swap a SHO you would lose the FWD and you'd essentially have a G8 or SS anyway.

And good luck getting your gauges to work..I know there are companies that make wiring harness' for engine swaps but those are for popular swaps....With the high speed CAN BUS and all the body modules I say good luck with all of that..You'd be finding things that don't work constantly....ANd how about DBW? You'd need a pedal assembly from a DBW LS engine or go cable throttle and if you used a GM ECU the rest of SHO's electronic controls are screwed

There is a Holden badged 2017 SS up the street with only 3K miles on it... I have talked with the dealer a couple times about it. They are WAY over priced on it.. but have come down about $5K... I might pull the trigger on it and scoop up a ProCharger to slap in it... I am calling around dealerships to see who would warranty it if I pay them to install it.. I don't want a car note at $30K+ without a warranty.. and a stock SS is no good... but a force fed one... that could be fun...

FoMoCoSHO

I think you can do an LS powered 911/993/996 with everything working for around 20k including donor car with blown motor.

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/renegade-hybrids-porsches-arent-saving-planet/

If you are going to sully a nameplate with GM trash at least let it be some overpriced euro trash.

bpd1151

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 21, 2018, 07:58:06 PM
I think you can do an LS powered 911 with everything working for around 20k including donor car.

If you are going to sully a nameplate with GM trash at least let it be some overpriced euro trash.

Ha...... now the tail end of that post made me giggle snort. Tee hee hee.

AJP turbo

Man the LS GM badmouthing is strong and making me feel dirty for partaking lol...I wonder if it's because it's a ford forum lol I guess it's to be expected
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on January 21, 2018, 08:17:53 PM
Man the LS GM badmouthing is strong and making me feel dirty for partaking lol...I wonder if it's because it's a ford forum lol I guess it's to be expected
I do think an AWD LS powered 9xx abomination would be a helluva lot of fun.

derfdog15

I thought I was being nice, cause I suggested the LS Foxbody (though that's because its tried and true, and can be done for 5k or less for everything if you do junkyard parts and are patient).

But LS SHO just makes me cringe. There are cars an LS swap fits in, but I don't see the SHO as one. I think an LS swapped fusion(like an 06-12) would be bonkers. LS in a ricer or a euro as well. But the SHO is just too nice of a powerplant/setup on its own.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

DerricksSho

My GOD man!!!!! you should defiantly get a G8 or SS considering doing a LS swap im so sick of the trend and hearing that the copied windsor of the past is such a cheap motor to build and can handle Soooo much power blah blah blah gut any car out and throw a motor in it. You want a Unique car put a BIG BLOCK FORD in it 460, 427 sounds like you want to throw money!!!! That or you could always put a real WINDSOR in it 351! FORD to the front.....
BrewCityBoost tuned,3 Bar, LMS thermostat
CAI M-Design upgraded stock turbo's
LMS down pipes (Catless) 3" Custom exhaust
H&R springs with spacers 275 40/20 4 corners Power Stop drilled and slotted rotters.... MODS must go on!!

Brucelinc

Another option is a Mustang with the Coyote engine.   The get a supercharger from Livernois or even from Ford Performance.

If things work out, I plan share some details about a little project I hope to be working on, myself.....

68_GT

Quote from: Agentlongwood on January 21, 2018, 10:10:50 AM

Personally, my 2 cents is this:  Take the money that it would cost to swap, and put it into getting a custom, fully built transmission and PTU for your existing drive train.  Once those parts can handle higher power levels, you can start extracting some real power from the EcoBoost.

even with money as no object
can any of that be done ??

I'd put a LS or a Coyote into an old 280Z or a Miata or Fox Mustang something to make stupid fast and leave my SHO alone for what it is.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler