• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

oil all in my intake ?? new engine / turbos & loosing patience with my 13 PP.

Started by 68_GT, January 24, 2018, 07:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Correct.  Front cover has no issues on the SHO.  Some model lines DO, but not the SHO.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: 68_GT on January 25, 2018, 10:24:27 AM
Pic
FWIW that harness/connector strapped next to the oil Sep goes on TOP of the manifold!  Highlighted in Red!
SHOdded is Spot on!!!  Check all the hose clamps from Top to Bottom to make sure there nice and tight! proceed with the TSB as mentioned earlier!
Best of luck!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

68_GT

I guess it doesn't matter to have one aluminum and one composite valve cover ??? Other than looking goofy... I guess others have done this ??

How much are the hard intake pipes to replace ? Any other performance benefit to adding them ?

Thank you guys 👍🏼👍🏼
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

There are no gains to be had with the Hotpipes! just pure (eye candy) aesthetics!  Z

I found The bottom Hose from the front turbo to intercooler is the hardest part as you will need to gain access under the front drivers side cover!
The rest is pretty much straight forward and found starting from the rear turbo to be ideal!

Here are mine in Gloss Black !  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

The main reason the hotpipes came into being was the loose clamps and split pipes with the OEM setup.  Then of course people want options lol.

68_GT

How much are they and where should I get them from everything on my car as 133,000 miles on it except for the long block upgraded turbo's and torque converter. Maybe they are worth replacing at this point ??

That being said if one of my hoses, clamps or plastic pipes were leaking oil from the PCV issue wouldn't I also have a vacuum leak or
Boost leak?

So to clarify I guess it would be considered normal with that TSB  pERFORM to  have one aluminum and one composite Valve cover on the engine?
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

ZSHO

I guess as long as the oil Separator PCV is fully functional and is working as designed it shouldn't matter IMO!  But if your (OCD) like me it would matter! Lol.  Z

The Hotpipes can be purchased exclusively From Mike.B @ www.ecopowerpart.com

http://www.ecopowerparts.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=22

68_GT

Ok cool yeah I got my upgrade turbo centers from him. I'll check it out. Damn wish I had just kept the composite valve covers that came on the longblock.....

Any concern oil puddles or pools inside the intercooler ?? It's bran new also. I'd think boost should push it ALL through to burn inside the engine ??

djxfactor

Quote from: 68_GT on January 26, 2018, 10:31:49 AM
How much are they and where should I get them from everything on my car as 133,000 miles on it except for the long block upgraded turbo's and torque converter. Maybe they are worth replacing at this point ??

That being said if one of my hoses, clamps or plastic pipes were leaking oil from the PCV issue wouldn't I also have a vacuum leak or
Boost leak?

So to clarify I guess it would be considered normal with that TSB  pERFORM to  have one aluminum and one composite Valve cover on the engine?

FYI, Mike is also doing a $100 off coupon special right now on Hotpipes, just announced today on the EPP Facebook page!
2014 Ford Flex Limited AWD EcoBoost - Full Amsoil Synthetic Fluids swap in engine and driveline, SCT X4 Tuner w/ multiple tunes for 93 + Meth, Dash-mount Tablet running Torque Pro Gauges w/ BT Wireless OBD Adapter, 170 T-stat, 3-Bar MAP sensor, Denso 1step Colder Spark Plugs, OBX Catless Downpipes, Magnaflow Downpipe-back 2.5" exhaust system, Magnaflow 2.5" X-Pipe, MDesign Carbon Direct Cold Air Intake (Latest Gen), UPR 3-way Catch Can System, Devil's Own Stage-2 3-Bar Methanol Injection System with custom Tank/Pump mount, EcoPowerParts Black powder-coated Charge Pipe kit, TIAL Q Race BOV in Ruby Red color-match, Power Stop Z23 Brake upgrade on all 4 corners with Drilled/Slotted Zinc Rotors and Carbon Fiber-infused Ceramic Pads with color-matched Ruby Red calipers, Moog upgraded Sway Bar Endlinks, lowered on Megan Racing EZ Street coilovers, SPC Rear Camber kit, Verde Axis V99 Bronze 20x9 wheels wrapped in 275/40 Nexens, Custom forged 4 1/2" spiked one-piece steel lugs, Kicker CompRT 12" Sub in custom spare tire-well box, Polk Audio Carbon C500.1 mono sub amp, All-Fit Front Lip Spoiler, 3D Carbon Rear Wing, Ruby Red vinyl wrapped interior trim, LED-lit "FLEX" Door Sills, Full LED Interior bulb swap, Red LED Accent lighting throughout, SpiderMax 3D Kagu black laser fit floor mats for all 3 rows, LED Puddle Light swap, Tinted LED Tails, Windows Tinted all around.

ZSHO

Quote from: 68_GT on January 26, 2018, 01:38:18 PM
Ok cool yeah I got my upgrade turbo centers from him. I'll check it out. Damn wish I had just kept the composite valve covers that came on the longblock.....

Any concern oil puddles or pools inside the intercooler ?? It's bran new also. I'd think boost should push it ALL through to burn inside the engine ??
I would monitor the CAC (intercooler) periodically with an oil dip-stick especially it playing such an important role! Nothing is guaranteed!  Z

SHOdded