• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Multi-contour seat cushion replacement?

Started by jimmyducati, January 18, 2018, 06:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyducati

After 158,000 miles the seat bottom is a little flat and uncomfortable. I have found seat foam replacement, but nothing that says if it is compatible with the air bladders and heat/ac the multi-contour seats have. Has anyone replaced the seat cushions yet?
2010 White SHO w/two tone interior
2005 Ducati 999s  (the daily ridder)
1998 Ducati 916  (the beauty queen)
1995 Ducati 900ss (the track terror)
1978 Harley Davidson Shovelhead

Hotrod Lincoln

Quote from: jimmyducati on January 18, 2018, 06:44:38 PM
After 158,000 miles the seat bottom is a little flat and uncomfortable. I have found seat foam replacement, but nothing that says if it is compatible with the air bladders and heat/ac the multi-contour seats have. Has anyone replaced the seat cushions yet?

Just as long as your foam is just a little flat and not crumbling you can remove the foam and use a steamer. Push the steamer into the foam and it will return back to its original shape. Just let it dry completely and there is no need for new foam. It's a really neat trick. You will need some hog rings and pliers. Cut the original hog rings with some side cutters.
2011 MKS 81K Miles

jimmyducati

I'm familiar with that trick, I also know it will not stand the test of time on a car that gets a lot of seat time with multi hour road trips. I travel 7+ hours one way for work each week, the numb butt stops have gotten more frequent recently. If I'm going to pull the seats and seat bottom cushions, I am replacing the foam vs. steaming it. Pulling them to steam it again every 25k miles isnt worth it for me when new seat foam should be comfortable for another 100k.

Bump to the top for replacement seat foam on multi contour seats w/ Heat and A/C
2010 White SHO w/two tone interior
2005 Ducati 999s  (the daily ridder)
1998 Ducati 916  (the beauty queen)
1995 Ducati 900ss (the track terror)
1978 Harley Davidson Shovelhead