• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Started by BiGMaC, November 01, 2013, 01:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

The one problem I'm having is that all avatars, including mine, appear as white rectangles and many of the pics in forum don't show up. No problems anywhere else on the web. My system: MacPro dual quad xeon at 2.8GHz, 32GB RAM, MacOS 10.6.8 connected via Ethernet to model then ADSL, ISP is Century Link.

Any help much appreciated.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

EcoPowerParts

You got me there, there's a setting to not show avatars but I checked your profile and it's not checked.
Any other MAC users out there?
Do you have an option to right click and show image? If so paste the url into a reply so I can review.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

TuxedoSHO

I don't recall having any issues with viewing avatars or images on my MacBook Pro. I'm at work right now but I can double check later tonight when I get back to the hotel..

2010 Taurus SHO, Rapid Spec 402A, Non-PP
K&N CAI, Livernois Catted Downpipes, Corsa Catback, Livernois Stage 4+ X Tune, EBC Slotted Rotors, EBC Red Stuff Pads, LMS 160* Thermostat, 3 Bar Map Sensor, Colder NGK  Iridium Plugs, BOV VTA,
20" TSW Nurburgrings Wrapped in Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 15% 3M Tints All Around, Tinted Tail Lights, Dipped Tail Light Chrome, Grille & Fogs
Best Time Yet: 12.76 @ 107MPH

BiGMaC

Right-click get a dialog that lets me DL the image among other things (but not open it)  The DL image is just white when I open it....

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: BiGMaC on November 01, 2013, 04:43:22 PM
Right-click get a dialog that lets me DL the image among other things (but not open it)  The DL image is just white when I open it....
Can you paste the link in so I can see what you're computer is getting please?
I need the link to the image that the web browser is attempting to show you.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Got these from right clicking on avatars, tel me where to get the image location if this is not what you asked for:

mine:, partial loading-  http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?action=profile;u=527

4DR's: partial loading-  http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?action=profile;u=7

SHOdded' loads fine- http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?action=profile;u=60

TuxedoSHO's with doesn't load at all (white box only - http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?action=profile;u=209

screenshots of the page are below showing the variations.

EcoPowerParts

That is really, really weird, your right click links are still wrong but that upload looks weird. You're getting some of the image but not all. I have no idea on this one. :(
www.ecopowerparts.com -

BiGMaC

This computer is MacPro, dual quad core Intel Xeon  at 2.8GHz, 64G RAM MacOS 10.6.8

same on my MacBook, Intel i& at 3.2GHz, MacOS 10.8

same with Win7 via Parallels desktop on these machine...... same if booted to a pure win7 bootcamp partition on these machines.

BiGMaC

See my post under the "Any functionality missing" thread... Avatars are a problem, but at least I can view uploade images now.  And all the iOS machines seem to load the avatars... I agree, it's weird. 
It might even boil down to some DNS server translation.... why I keep working on it.  I even tried iCab and Opera browsers.

Thanks for looking.  I appreciate it.

SHOdded

I used a JPG for my avatar, the rest of the avatars are in PNG format.  Either the server has an issue, or the end user has an issue with image handling, IMHO.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Great observation!  It does seem that this explains part of the mystery.  If I can find the place in my account settings to change my avatar (a .png) to a .jpg image to test this.

SHOdded

If you can resave the image itself as a JPG, that would be the way to go.

BiGMaC

Good idea... re-saved to .jpg both from .png and from the older .jpg file, but same result.   I tried the bottom selection URL from photobucket with the same pic.. same result. So I put the other one back. 
It is interesting that the avatar pics are somehow reformatted to give the 3D effect and rounded corners when compared to pics in posts, but I can see yours... so i'll keep working on it from time to time.

So I went to the garage and looked at the real thing!   :bangin:

SHOdded

Nothing beats the real thing!