• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Lean long term fuel trims

Started by pmezo33, January 16, 2018, 01:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmezo33

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 16, 2018, 11:54:06 PM
How are temps where you are?

Very cold temps causes your stoich target to drop...not as bad as E85 but it still drops.

If you can't find a leak you might consider waiting to hang parts till the temps warm up.

I'm about 20 minutes outside of NYC.  It's freezing.  It's a struggle to do anything on the cars these days in a freezing cold garage with freezing cold tools.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: pmezo33 on January 16, 2018, 11:57:19 PM

Very cold temps causes your stoich target to drop...not as bad as E85 but it still drops.

If you can't find a leak you might consider waiting to hang parts till the temps warm up.

I'm about 20 minutes outside of NYC.  It's freezing.  It's a struggle to do anything on the cars these days in a freezing cold garage with freezing cold tools.
Sorry to hear that...My Ecobeasts live in a climate controlled garage.

We had a 60 degree day in the middle of last week in between blizzards and ice storms.

My trims pulled back and my fuel mileage went up immediately.....maybe wait for a good day and see how she behaves?

pmezo33

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 17, 2018, 12:11:23 AM
Quote from: pmezo33 on January 16, 2018, 11:57:19 PM

Sorry to hear that...My Ecobeasts live in a climate controlled garage.

We had a 60 degree day in the middle of last week in between blizzards and ice storms.

My trims pulled back and my fuel mileage went up immediately.....maybe wait for a good day and see how she behaves?

Yeah, I really need to get a decent heater in there.  Between this and the jeep, there's always a project i want to work on or something that needs fixing.  It's just a struggle when it's 20 degrees in there.

I really just need to move to Florida.

derfdog15

Insurance and taxes are cheaper in FL, plus no inspections as well! There's a reason all my cars are registered jointly with my dad and plated in Florida!

I second waiting till a warmer day, cold temps wreak havoc on the fuel system.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

J-Will

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 16, 2018, 05:16:45 PM
All three of mine ran about +7% on the oem tune.

My LTFTs are around 9 right now.  STFT are 0.  Its snowing here
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

pmezo33

Just did a quick look over of the engine again to see if I missed anything. I noticed a slight hissing noise coming from the connection at the PCV valve.  If i press down on the connection, the hissing goes away.  When i let off, the hissing comes back.  Possibly a slight vacuum leak there throwing my trims off?

Can anyone confirm if they hear anything similar from theirs?

polskifacet

my ltft is 15 part throttle in 15f. in the summer they were between 5 and 10. pcv and booster lines always hiss on kine.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

pmezo33

Quote from: polskifacet on January 17, 2018, 07:29:37 PM
my ltft is 15 part throttle in 15f. in the summer they were between 5 and 10. pcv and booster lines always hiss on kine.

You're getting 15 ltft at idle for both banks?

polskifacet

no its around 10-11 idle iirc and 15 on light acceleration

Quote from: pmezo33 on January 17, 2018, 07:39:43 PM
Quote from: polskifacet on January 17, 2018, 07:29:37 PM

You're getting 15 ltft at idle for both banks?
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

ZSHO

Check the Fuel Vapor Solenoid especially if original! something to consider especially it playing such an important role plus being cost effective. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

polskifacet

Why don't you cap off all vaccum and see if you see a significant difference in stft

AJP turbo

Quote from: polskifacet on January 18, 2018, 06:11:31 PM
Why don't you cap off all vaccum and see if you see a significant difference in stft

Won't matter...any air that is or would escape the manifold would be unmetered air
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

pmezo33

Quote from: ZSHO on January 18, 2018, 04:13:12 PM
Check the Fuel Vapor Solenoid especially if original! something to consider especially it playing such an important role plus being cost effective. Z

Are you talking about the purge valve in front of the engine mounted on the manifold?

ZSHO

Quote from: pmezo33 on January 18, 2018, 10:48:35 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on January 18, 2018, 04:13:12 PM

Are you talking about the purge valve in front of the engine mounted on the manifold?
Correct! sorry for the late reply! 
Here's my very own thread on the Vapor Canister Purge Valve!  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7133.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

pmezo33

In unrelated news, some old guy that could barely see over his steering wheel, in a 30 year old jaguar, backed into my car today and dented in the rear passenger door and quarter panel.  I wasn't even in the car at the time too.  Good thing he didn't just take off.  Valet guys had to come inside and tell me some guy hit my car.  First accident it's ever been in after 160k miles.  Such a pain.