• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

HPL oil??

Started by joe raptor, January 16, 2018, 09:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe raptor

Has anyone try or heard of this engine oil ?

ZSHO

I have never heard of HPL but don't see any Specs on the product!
But @ that price point there are many reputable True full synthetic motor oils on the market such as Amsoil and Redline with plenty of factual Data Specs to offer that meet or exceeds OEM Specs on this platform!  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8768.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

I wouldn't touch it. Stick to AMS oil or mobile 1

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

joe raptor

I myself use Amsoil but my next oil change it will be Redline !. Thank you for your response !!!

AJP turbo

Quote from: joe raptor on January 16, 2018, 12:59:40 PM
I myself use Amsoil but my next oil change it will be Redline !. Thank you for your response !!!

Why? amsoil publishes some of the most comprehensive third party testing results in the industry
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Macgyver

Amsoil was way better than Redline in that one article someone linked here in the forums. Wasnt even close if I remember correctly.

I would run Amsoil but I use Mobil One as I am changing my oil every 6 months regardless of mileage(always less than OCI). Amsoil is too much $$$ as I have 3 vehicles that get their oil changed this way.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Macgyver on January 16, 2018, 07:15:18 PM
Amsoil was way better than Redline in that one article someone linked here in the forums. Wasnt even close if I remember correctly.

I would run Amsoil but I use Mobil One as I am changing my oil every 6 months regardless of mileage(always less than OCI). Amsoil is too much $$$ as I have 3 vehicles that get their oil changed this way.
I just ordered all AMSOIL....oil, trans, coolant, PTU, RDU, dot 3/4, and an oil filter.

Grand total with tax and my 16.00 membership was $273.00. IMHO quite reasonable for the level of protection AMSOIL provides. I'm going to try 15K/1yr intervals which if successful will make the oil well worth it.

You don't want to know what I spent on the Quantum Blue fluids, lol.

After some of the testing I've seen recently, I wouldn't run Redline or RP in my lawn mower.

Gjkrisa

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 17, 2018, 12:23:16 AM
Quote from: Macgyver on January 16, 2018, 07:15:18 PM

I just ordered all AMSOIL....oil, trans, coolant, PTU, RDU, dot 3/4, and an oil filter.

Grand total with tax and my 16.00 membership was $273.00. IMHO quite reasonable for the level of protection AMSOIL provides. I'm going to try 15K/1yr intervals which if successful will make the oil well worth it.

You don't want to know what I spent on the Quantum Blue fluids, lol.

After some of the testing I've seen recently, I wouldn't run Redline or RP in my lawn mower.
I'm not sure I would go that long without, maybe 10k it's hard to say how much cylinder wetting is going on testing has mainly been done on smaller turbo engines last I read.
also on the oil filter the seal might not last any longer then 10k I forget if there is one that will but looking at the break down of major oil filters it looked good to stick with factory filter as that's been recommended here before

There are two oil testing companies that I would use if going to try for 15k oil changes.
Black stone labs
And I don't know the name of the other
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

SHOdded

People get stuck on miles for OCIs, really should be using engine hours instead.  If you drive it everyday, all highway, putting on a good number of miles, 200 hours is the MAX you should run the engine oil.  Any other conditions, mixed city/hwy, lots of idle, towing whatever, go to 100 hours.  Best way to test of course is get a bulk set of Blackstone containers (10% discount I think), and send the oil off for testing.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

joe raptor

Why? amsoil publishes some of the most comprehensive third party testing results in the industry

I just want to try the Redline oil, I was told that their oil , seal the rings better than other oils (Amsoil). I'm not an expert but I believe that it will not hurt the engine to swap for another engine oil . Will see, don't get me wrong , I love Amsoil, been using it for three years now !!~No complaint !!:)

Macgyver

Quote from: joe raptor on January 17, 2018, 12:19:42 PM

I just want to try the Redline oil, I was told that their oil , seal the rings better than other oils (Amsoil). I'm not an expert but I believe that it will not hurt the engine to swap for another engine oil . Will see, don't get me wrong , I love Amsoil, been using it for three years now !!~No complaint !!:)

You might want to read that study on oils. I was floored after I read it. Redline and Royal Purple are mostly hype imho.

ZSHO

Quote from: joe raptor on January 17, 2018, 12:19:42 PM

To the OP! I have only been using Redline and Amsoil since the summer of 2013 and trust me you wont regret using the Redline and probably the closest real Deal Full Synthetic alternative to Amsoil IMO. Enjoy. Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|