• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Wheel fitment for my SHO

Started by Spoolin-SVT, January 15, 2018, 10:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoolin-SVT

I know its been beat to death by now but I need some help and thoughts on some wheel sizes I found.

I found a particular wheel that I might be interested in but they only offer in a couple different sizes and from the looks of it , looks like I would be running a 20x8.5+32 for the fronts and would have to run a 20x10.5+30 for the rear.

Using willtheyfit.com it appears the fronts will stick out 5.6MM more then my current set up and the rears will be 29.1MM so just over an inch which is quite a bit but I think I "might" be able to fit it.

I am not going for the stanced out look either so not sure if i would have to run a smaller tire to try and fit in the fender. Ideally I would like to run a 275  upwards of a 295 in the rear.

Any help/thoughts would be much appreciated.
1991 Modfox IRS (Eaton swap in the works)
1993 2.3T Ported head/cam HX35
1997 Cobra Built engine Billet S476
2010 Ford SHO Daily Driver

derfdog15

there might be too much difference front to back, with that stagger, for the AWD system to handle. IIRC there can only be a 3% difference from front to back. Tire sizes may be a bit hard to get right with a 2" width difference in wheels.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

mval

Quote from: derfdog15 on January 16, 2018, 09:38:17 AM
there might be too much difference front to back, with that stagger, for the AWD system to handle. IIRC there can only be a 3% difference from front to back. Tire sizes may be a bit hard to get right with a 2" width difference in wheels.
i read the same & i guess my question on a car that's mainly fwd why? makes sense on rwd, besides a lot don't like her big but sticking up anyway & lower her
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

Spoolin-SVT

Yeah I did read the 3% rule to go off of, I think I can play around with the tire sizes to make them fairly even. Havent looked to far into it yet but I would imagine there is something.

As for why run a big tire in the back---well yeah a lot of power goes to the front wheels but its still going to have bigger tires on front as well. I am just limited by the only sizes they offer the wheel in. If I could get a 20x9. I would do it all 4 corners. I also like having a bigger tire in the rear just to fill out the big wheel well. Also love the way it looks from behind.

Again If the wheels were optioned in a 20x9+40 ish I would run 275 all around. But I am just trying to see if the sizes I listed will work.
1991 Modfox IRS (Eaton swap in the works)
1993 2.3T Ported head/cam HX35
1997 Cobra Built engine Billet S476
2010 Ford SHO Daily Driver

LostnEye

Are you lowered?

I think you will be fine inside but that's a good amount of poke on the rear. I'm not lowered running 20x9.5 et35s with 272/40s all around no issues.
2013 Tuxedo Black/Mayan Grey PP, GH AO, GH IC, H&Rs, AD mounts

djxfactor

I'm running staggered 20x8.5F +40et and 20x10R +35et with 255/45 all around. Wanting to switch my rears to a 275 soon tho. Zero fitment or AWD system issues. And I'm lowered about 4" on Megan's.
2014 Ford Flex Limited AWD EcoBoost - Full Amsoil Synthetic Fluids swap in engine and driveline, SCT X4 Tuner w/ multiple tunes for 93 + Meth, Dash-mount Tablet running Torque Pro Gauges w/ BT Wireless OBD Adapter, 170 T-stat, 3-Bar MAP sensor, Denso 1step Colder Spark Plugs, OBX Catless Downpipes, Magnaflow Downpipe-back 2.5" exhaust system, Magnaflow 2.5" X-Pipe, MDesign Carbon Direct Cold Air Intake (Latest Gen), UPR 3-way Catch Can System, Devil's Own Stage-2 3-Bar Methanol Injection System with custom Tank/Pump mount, EcoPowerParts Black powder-coated Charge Pipe kit, TIAL Q Race BOV in Ruby Red color-match, Power Stop Z23 Brake upgrade on all 4 corners with Drilled/Slotted Zinc Rotors and Carbon Fiber-infused Ceramic Pads with color-matched Ruby Red calipers, Moog upgraded Sway Bar Endlinks, lowered on Megan Racing EZ Street coilovers, SPC Rear Camber kit, Verde Axis V99 Bronze 20x9 wheels wrapped in 275/40 Nexens, Custom forged 4 1/2" spiked one-piece steel lugs, Kicker CompRT 12" Sub in custom spare tire-well box, Polk Audio Carbon C500.1 mono sub amp, All-Fit Front Lip Spoiler, 3D Carbon Rear Wing, Ruby Red vinyl wrapped interior trim, LED-lit "FLEX" Door Sills, Full LED Interior bulb swap, Red LED Accent lighting throughout, SpiderMax 3D Kagu black laser fit floor mats for all 3 rows, LED Puddle Light swap, Tinted LED Tails, Windows Tinted all around.