• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Intercooler for Transverse 3.5L Ecoboost

Started by mattr66, January 10, 2018, 02:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

802SHO

Quote from: SHOdded on January 10, 2019, 07:19:22 AM
I would buy one just as a keepsake, but that shipping weight is scaring the bejeezuz out of me LOL.

Jeez 40 pounds!  What does the stock one weigh? 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Jordan

Quote from: 802SHO on January 10, 2019, 08:06:55 AM
I would buy one just as a keepsake, but that shipping weight is scaring the bejeezuz out of me LOL.

Maybe 15lbs, but I am assuming the total shipping weight is about 40lbs. Considering the end tanks are now cast aluminum instead of plastic as well as the weight of the box and foam etc i don't doubt it honestly. Should be a good upgrade. I'll have mine coming ASAP so I can get started on the installation. Now I gotta scrounge up some bucks! I got a little ambitious and tried to pay down some debt, but I sure did that at the wrong time LOL
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: AJP turbo on January 10, 2019, 05:23:27 AM
Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on January 10, 2019, 01:10:59 AM
^Just saw this info as well! I'd really like to know if Brad thinks he can tune for it.
Paging AJPturbo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely! I exchanged some brief words with Gearhead about the intercooler and I highly recommend getting one if you have the means. I think this is one of the best things to come out for the SHO recently. Can't wait to see them out there.
Great to hear Brad! I'll definitely be doing the upgrade but it may be after tax returns. I've already replaced my intercooler once so installation should be a bit easier the 2nd time around. 
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

SHOdded

def don't mean to shed any doubt on this upgrade.  this thing means business.  everyone on here should already have ordered it :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

802SHO

Quote from: Jordan on January 10, 2019, 09:35:20 AM

Maybe 15lbs, but I am assuming the total shipping weight is about 40lbs. Considering the end tanks are now cast aluminum instead of plastic as well as the weight of the box and foam etc i don't doubt it honestly. Should be a good upgrade. I'll have mine coming ASAP so I can get started on the installation. Now I gotta scrounge up some bucks! I got a little ambitious and tried to pay down some debt, but I sure did that at the wrong time LOL

Man I'm excited to see the install video and hear your results!  I'm definitely down for the upgrade as well and I'm in a similar situation with funding Lol!  Except mine is buying a root canal and a crown!  Yippie 😕😳
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

StealBlueSho

Email sent! Hoping I can get it next week sometime!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10bird

Quote from: SHOdded on January 10, 2019, 10:59:51 AM
def don't mean to shed any doubt on this upgrade.  this thing means business.  everyone on here should already have ordered it :D
How difficult are these to install?

Jordan

Can be installed probably in a few hours solo with regular hand tools.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

mattr66

Core is a beast... Only thing that would work in this application was sourced from a European diesel application.... So you are picking up some extra weight, but you are also at almost 3x the fin surface area of stock...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

802SHO

Quote from: mattr66 on January 10, 2019, 03:51:22 PM

Core is a beast... Only thing that would work in this application was sourced from a European diesel application.... So you are picking up some extra weight, but you are also at almost 3x the fin surface area of stock...

It is intersting that it weighs more but it was more of a joke about adding too much weight going back to the weight reduction humor but well worth the extra weight for sure!

BoostfoSHO

Just got an update from Matt and asked me to post in the forums in regards to the intercoolers.

no one has been contacted yet.  We have to do some qc on the shippment before they can ship out.  Nobody has been emailed yet.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

bpd1151

Oh my...... I was woken to the dogs barking, the door bell ringing just now.

Upon heading to the front door, low and behold, Santa arrived with a late package for me.

A brand spanking new and improved IC from GH!

Beastly she is. Packaged so well that I'm afraid to remove her entirely from its packaging.

I've amassed quite the collection of aftermarket performance parts these last 6mo.'s or so......

Looks like I'll be pestering my mechanic pal for some lift time the Spring.

Exciting somehow downplays my enthusiasm at this newest offering for our platform!

Thanks to Matt and his entire crew over at Gearhead for continuing down that mod path and remaining committed to this product development for over 2yrs now!

Nice to see this having come to fruition!

Bravo fellas, bravo!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

nickstewartroc

Seeing it come in the CSF box makes me wonder just how different it is compared to what they are selling already: https://www.ebay.com/itm/CSF-Intercooler-New-Ford-Taurus-Flex-Lincoln-MKS-MKT-2010-2016-6015/122311087071
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

mattr66

Quote from: nickstewartroc on January 17, 2019, 11:37:03 AM
Seeing it come in the CSF box makes me wonder just how different it is compared to what they are selling already: https://www.ebay.com/itm/CSF-Intercooler-New-Ford-Taurus-Flex-Lincoln-MKS-MKT-2010-2016-6015/122311087071
Vastly different I can assure you..... we tried putting my core on the tanks on that one and it sucked.  And the one piece inlet tank made it impossible to install without breaking the tab that holds the air cleaner on....  Also their tanks didn't flow enough to support the increased flow of the core.  These factors are why it has been a 3 year project and costs a little more than a stock replacement....

nickstewartroc

Quote from: mattr66 on January 17, 2019, 12:02:14 PM
Quote from: nickstewartroc on January 17, 2019, 11:37:03 AM
Vastly different I can assure you..... we tried putting my core on the tanks on that one and it sucked.  And the one piece inlet tank made it impossible to install without breaking the tab that holds the air cleaner on....  Also their tanks didn't flow enough to support the increased flow of the core.  These factors are why it has been a 3 year project and costs a little more than a stock replacement....

Thanks for the update Mat! Figured they would be pretty different
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune