• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Intercooler for Transverse 3.5L Ecoboost

Started by mattr66, January 10, 2018, 02:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4sfed

Quote from: Gray Brick on August 25, 2018, 01:33:52 AM
Go air to water...

I've seen a couple of your posts stating you moving to water to air, but I've not found a post discussing or describing it.  Is there a post of your water to air IC conversion?  If there isn't one, WOULD you?  I'd LOVE to see/read it.

* edited words
2015 SHO, GH E30 tune, GH intercooler, 3 bar, SP542's, PPE Cat'd DP's, XDI-35, H&R springs, AD Gen2 mounts
Factory Five Mark III, 2004 Mach I donor (gone)
2003 Mustang Cobra 'vert, 456 rwhp, with mods (gone)
2002 MB C32 AMG (gone)
1997 Cobra 'vert, Vortech'd (gone)

Gray Brick

I wedged this water to air intercooler into my Flex.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

lamrith

Quote from: Gray Brick on August 27, 2018, 12:14:55 PM
:bow:

how has it been working for you?  That looks like an off the shelf unit that you then customized for dual air inlet?  What are you using for filters on the fresh air side of turbos?
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

irondoor19

Quote from: lamrith on August 27, 2018, 01:24:27 PM
Quote from: Gray Brick on August 27, 2018, 12:14:55 PM
:bow:

how has it been working for you?  That looks like an off the shelf unit that you then customized for dual air inlet?  What are you using for filters on the fresh air side of turbos?
all the Questions i was going to ASK, and more....
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

SHOdded

Common core for both turbos
Boss for drain plug
1 psi less drop across the intercooler than last prototype
Hopefully before SEMA in October
Re-tune will be required

(Source:  FB SHO Owners page)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

That's just plain sexy right there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

shoNoff

Me likey and like bdp I don't do the Facebook so updates here are great. Looks like a nice winter project for me.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

J-Will

Did he mention why a new tune would be necessary?

It doesn't matter to.me, I am GH tuned, but I'm curious why it's needed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

SHOdded

Not specifically.  But it would be fair to assume that the signicant alteration in efficiency is the reason.  Much like adding ATP turbos would be.  Have seen this on the Edge as well.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Colorado-SHOBro

To the best of my knowledge the tune needs to compensate for the added pressure drop of the upgraded intercooler. (rumored to be ~2psi). i want to say it was a "pressure ratio" table that needed the adjustment? i know it can be tuned for 10-12 and 13+. i'm really hoping brad can work his magic with it. maybe he can provide some insight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

Agentlongwood

Oh my cotton socks... that looks good.  SHOdded, when you say hopefully before SEMA, is that meaning that hopefully they will be on sale to the public then, or what?
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

SHOdded

4sfed

Can someone narrow what "Gearhead" we're talking about?  There a LOT of "Gearhead" on facebook...  I've even found quite a few "Gearhead Motorsports".  Can someone give an address or a show what icon to look for on facebook?
2015 SHO, GH E30 tune, GH intercooler, 3 bar, SP542's, PPE Cat'd DP's, XDI-35, H&R springs, AD Gen2 mounts
Factory Five Mark III, 2004 Mach I donor (gone)
2003 Mustang Cobra 'vert, 456 rwhp, with mods (gone)
2002 MB C32 AMG (gone)
1997 Cobra 'vert, Vortech'd (gone)

ToMang07

Quote from: 4sfed on September 19, 2018, 03:41:07 PM
Can someone narrow what "Gearhead" we're talking about?  There a LOT of "Gearhead" on facebook...  I've even found quite a few "Gearhead Motorsports".  Can someone give an address or a show what icon to look for on facebook?
https://www.ghtuning.com/
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

EcoPowerParts

I'll be carrying these on my website as well, also working with Matt on some other projects :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts