• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Intercooler for Transverse 3.5L Ecoboost

Started by mattr66, January 10, 2018, 02:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrown9999

Well, I still have child support but at least I'm not paying her any longer to not live in my house!  It was worth every penny though!!
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

autobahn terror

That is why you need to practice what my Man Leon Preaches,

2014 PP, Dicunzolo Gen2 Mounts, Gear Head Intercooler, EcoPowerParts Charge Pipes w/Meth Bung @1GPH, Hennessy KnN CAI W/RECIRC, Alky controls meth injection, Lightly Ported Intake drilled and tapped for Port Meth Injection 1GPH per Cylinder, XDI EVO HPFP, Deathwerks 340LPH intank LPFP, ATP Turbos, EPP Catless DownPipes, Corsa CAT Back, 160TSTAT, 3BAR MAP, Stock Ignition coils, SP542 plugs .028, UPR Catch Can, MEGAN Coilovers,  Power Stop Z23 Brake Kit, 93octane Dynotune @ 430AWHP/430AWTQ...Soon to be much more

J-Will

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

autobahn terror

He did, and then he died, because he didnt follow the rules...
2014 PP, Dicunzolo Gen2 Mounts, Gear Head Intercooler, EcoPowerParts Charge Pipes w/Meth Bung @1GPH, Hennessy KnN CAI W/RECIRC, Alky controls meth injection, Lightly Ported Intake drilled and tapped for Port Meth Injection 1GPH per Cylinder, XDI EVO HPFP, Deathwerks 340LPH intank LPFP, ATP Turbos, EPP Catless DownPipes, Corsa CAT Back, 160TSTAT, 3BAR MAP, Stock Ignition coils, SP542 plugs .028, UPR Catch Can, MEGAN Coilovers,  Power Stop Z23 Brake Kit, 93octane Dynotune @ 430AWHP/430AWTQ...Soon to be much more

StealBlueSho

Great movie...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5ohSHO

Agentlongwood

Well if all those numbers prove accurate, and the price stays the same, I would most likely be buying one as well.  Kind of mind blowing that the gains are so substantial just by switching to bar-and-plate, with the core going all the way to the end tanks.  If that's the case, couldn't you buy a bar-and-plate core in the proper dimensions.  Then get some end tanks from a junk yard and have them attached to the new core.  Or is this way more complicated than I'm making it sound? 
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Agentlongwood on February 01, 2018, 09:18:31 PM
Well if all those numbers prove accurate, and the price stays the same, I would most likely be buying one as well.  Kind of mind blowing that the gains are so substantial just by switching to bar-and-plate, with the core going all the way to the end tanks.  If that's the case, couldn't you buy a bar-and-plate core in the proper dimensions.  Then get some end tanks from a junk yard and have them attached to the new core.  Or is this way more complicated than I'm making it sound?
To me that sounds much more complicated than paypalling Matt $650 (Or less on group buy? hint, hint)

Agentlongwood

To me that sounds much more complicated than paypalling Matt $650 (Or less on group buy? hint, hint)

haha very true.  But I do wonder how much the cost would be to do it on your own... Anyone know the dimensions of the factory intercooler?  I want to find out how much a properly sized bar-and-plate core would cost.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

DerricksSho

Im definitely signed up for one and a tune as soon as your ready!!
BrewCityBoost tuned,3 Bar, LMS thermostat
CAI M-Design upgraded stock turbo's
LMS down pipes (Catless) 3" Custom exhaust
H&R springs with spacers 275 40/20 4 corners Power Stop drilled and slotted rotters.... MODS must go on!!

ZSHO

I'm not quite sure if this was covered but assuming you will need an adjusted Tune to benefit the larger volume CAC(Intercooler) ?  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

gtmorgan23

2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

ZSHO

Quote from: Agentlongwood on February 01, 2018, 10:20:52 PM

haha very true.  But I do wonder how much the cost would be to do it on your own... Anyone know the dimensions of the factory intercooler?  I want to find out how much a properly sized bar-and-plate core would cost.
This should be the OE- CAC- Dimensions!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FearlessAZ

I would be in for a group buy as soon as the tax refund comes
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

irondoor19

Not trying to burst the Bubble, but the install is a PIA, as we did this already
have to remove the front Bumper Cover, the AC Condenser, and lines,
the Radiator, and then the intercooler, and install the new one,
SO A/C RECHARGE, Radiator fluid, ETC, just being realistic, I AM STILL IN
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,