• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Intercooler for Transverse 3.5L Ecoboost

Started by mattr66, January 10, 2018, 02:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

802SHO

Quote from: sm105k on February 05, 2019, 10:28:57 AM
Quote from: 802SHO on February 05, 2019, 10:13:27 AM
Quote from: sm105k on February 05, 2019, 08:20:39 AM
Just bit the bullet and purchased my intercooler. Going to throw her on the rollers next week to see what she does pre and post IC install.  430 hp and over 510 tq would be pretty damn cool.

I must be waiting for an engraved invitation lol I just want to complete my first year of the new business taxes before I make a move on it.  Look forward to your dyno results ....pretty cool youre doing that!

Yeah, I am pretty excited.  It will knock out two birds with one stone. I need the IC for the AZ heat, and I need to swap the coolant and throw in a new T-stat. 

I think with the IC, a new E30 tune for said intercooler, and DP's (later) the car will go into the 11's pretty consistently. I like to document changes with dyno and track results.  $120 for 3 pulls is a no brainer for the data.

You're definitely doing us all a service by sharing those results as a lot of us have not been to a dyno, including myself.  Testing on the track is one thing but alone its just not enough info.  I did locate a dyno in NH Id like use.  I would prefer to tell someone what the car actually makes versus saying the words (estimated at about......)
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

bpd1151

Quote from: 802SHO on February 05, 2019, 01:14:52 PMYou're definitely doing us all a service by sharing those results as a lot of us have not been to a dyno, including myself.  Testing on the track is one thing but alone its just not enough info.  I did locate a dyno in NH Id like use.  I would prefer to tell someone what the car actually makes versus saying the words (estimated at about......)

1st, I agree with this sentiment.

2nd, I find it just plain funny to read, as so many dispel dyno's, and the info they provide, and instead, bolster datalogging and claim dyno's don't mean poo poo.

I suppose there's an arguement for both perspectives. I just found it ironic.

Refreshing, but ironic.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on February 05, 2019, 01:14:52 PM
Quote from: sm105k on February 05, 2019, 10:28:57 AM
Quote from: 802SHO on February 05, 2019, 10:13:27 AM
Quote from: sm105k on February 05, 2019, 08:20:39 AM
Just bit the bullet and purchased my intercooler. Going to throw her on the rollers next week to see what she does pre and post IC install.  430 hp and over 510 tq would be pretty damn cool.

I must be waiting for an engraved invitation lol I just want to complete my first year of the new business taxes before I make a move on it.  Look forward to your dyno results ....pretty cool youre doing that!

Yeah, I am pretty excited.  It will knock out two birds with one stone. I need the IC for the AZ heat, and I need to swap the coolant and throw in a new T-stat. 

I think with the IC, a new E30 tune for said intercooler, and DP's (later) the car will go into the 11's pretty consistently. I like to document changes with dyno and track results.  $120 for 3 pulls is a no brainer for the data.

You're definitely doing us all a service by sharing those results as a lot of us have not been to a dyno, including myself.  Testing on the track is one thing but alone its just not enough info.  I did locate a dyno in NH Id like use.  I would prefer to tell someone what the car actually makes versus saying the words (estimated at about......)

I enjoy chronicling what my SHO does. I want to see what each mod does.  I want to document it and have the information.  I am actually lucky because I have extreme weather as well.  Extreme heat and moderate cold.  It is really enlightening to see what just temp and DA can do to a car. Literally everything I have done to my car is in this thread: https://shoforum.com/index.php?threads/couple-of-goals.138235/  I will keep updating the thread step by step until the car leaves my life.

I have the ability to use both the track and the dyno to verify differences and results.  To me, the dyno is a tool. It can show a couple of things and give a ball park number of the actual number output. Plus all the information we can get on the datalogs is damn important. The dyno that I use has been pretty close.  Mike from EcoPowerParts did alot of his testing on this dyno too.  So they are familiar with platform. 

The king in IMHO is.....trap speed and weight.  I know my car weighs 4560 with me in it and it usually goes 112 miles per hours in the 1/4.  It takes 480 hp to move 4560lbs @ 112 mph in a 1/4 mile.  Take 20% drive line loss....from 480 hp - 96 hp = 386 hp to the tire.... Math says 386 hp, and the dyno says 391 hp.  I would say that is damn close.   

Give me a couple of weeks for the install.  I leave for World's Strongest Logger Thursday, and get back on Sunday night.  Then the Saturday after I have to defend my title as Arizona's Strongest Man on the 16th.  Hopefully on Sunday the 17th I can tear her apart and get her back together.  We shall see if I can still walk that is...
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

Finally a nice day to open the SHO up to see how the new IC holds up. I can say that the butt dyno notices a difference during the few pulls I did..

I'll write up a review as I usually do... but temps at the manifold would drop quick and significantly....

Very happy with the latest modification and the data points to real world improvements.

Hats off to GH for this one.

SM105K

Quote from: StealBlueSho on February 05, 2019, 03:03:33 PM
Finally a nice day to open the SHO up to see how the new IC holds up. I can say that the butt dyno notices a difference during the few pulls I did..

I'll write up a review as I usually do... but temps at the manifold would drop quick and significantly....

Very happy with the latest modification and the data points to real world improvements.

Hats off to GH for this one.

Nice, I look forward to your review. You always give top notch information.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Macgyver

Quote from: sm105k on February 05, 2019, 02:54:21 PM
Give me a couple of weeks for the install.  I leave for World's Strongest Logger Thursday, and get back on Sunday night.  Then the Saturday after I have to defend my title as Arizona's Strongest Man on the 16th.  Hopefully on Sunday the 17th I can tear her apart and get her back together.  We shall see if I can still walk that is...

Now thats COOL !!!

SM105K

Quote from: Macgyver on February 05, 2019, 05:14:25 PM
Quote from: sm105k on February 05, 2019, 02:54:21 PM

Now thats COOL !!!

Been doing it a long time.  10 years now.  I have been fortunate to able to travel the world and train with some of the best strongman in the world.   

Jordan

World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

bpd1151

That means sexy man pics of you posing in your banana hammock with the SHO.

But only share those with the ladies. We need more attention to the platform so the ladies know that there are hot men piloting these hot cars or ours.

Bwahahahaha.

But in all seriousness, good luck and continued successes with that venture. Lots of intense dedication, discipline, and training involved in that alone.

Surprised it affords you anytime whatsoever to monkey with the car.

SM105K

Quote from: bpd1151 on February 06, 2019, 09:55:05 AM

But only share those with the ladies. We need more attention to the platform so the ladies know that there are hot men piloting these hot cars or ours.

Bwahahahaha.

But in all seriousness, good luck and continued successes with that venture. Lots of intense dedication, discipline, and training involved in that alone.

Don't be surpised if you get those pictures in your inbox BPD!  HAHA. 

I wish more good looking ladies would take interest in our land yachts.  That would be cool.

Sometimes strongman feels like another job.  Between the gym, supplements, time, diet, travel, and just overall body punishment I still actually enjoy it.  Working on/maintaining/detailing/thrashing the SHO is actually therapy for me so I make the time. I get up every morning before 4 am, so I have zero excuse not to keep up everything.     

Thanks for the kind words guys.   

802SHO

Quote from: sm105k on February 06, 2019, 10:31:49 AM

Bwahahahaha.

I wish more good looking ladies would take interest in our land yachts.  That would be cool.

Sometimes strongman feels like another job.  Between the gym, supplements, time, diet, travel, and just overall body punishment I still actually enjoy it.  Working on/maintaining/detailing/thrashing the SHO is actually therapy for me so I make the time. I get up every morning before 4 am, so I have zero excuse not to keep up everything.     

Congratulations on becoming Arizona's Strongest Man and I wish you the best on defending that title! 

I like what you said about having zero excuses.  The hard truth is that if its truly important to us we'll make time.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on February 06, 2019, 10:48:14 AM
Quote from: sm105k on February 06, 2019, 10:31:49 AM

Bwahahahaha.

Congratulations on becoming Arizona's Strongest Man and I wish you the best on defending that title! 

I like what you said about having zero excuses.  The hard truth is that if its truly important to us we'll make time.

You are 100% correct. Excuses are lies. I firmly believe in what Jocko Willink preaches.  Discipline Equals Freedom.  The more discipline you are, the more freedom you have. Hold yourself accountable and get after it.

I usually post everyday on my IG with some form of motivation for myself and others.  Check it out.  Instagram @therealamericasstrongestchef

Jocko's videos

https://youtu.be/IdTMDpizis8

https://youtu.be/tOYgiWEoJgs

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SM105K

Quote from: SHOdded on February 06, 2019, 11:39:08 AM
And ... back on topic :D

yeah, if I can walk on the 17th I will get after installing my IC.

StealBlueSho

Did some more datalogging... super impressed with this IC!