• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Intercooler for Transverse 3.5L Ecoboost

Started by mattr66, January 10, 2018, 02:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan

Working on final render for the install video. It's not spoon feeding info but it's got everything you'll need to swap out if you are comfortable with a wrench
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ddlopes

2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: ddlopes on January 24, 2019, 06:56:21 AM
Any updates on the installation process?
It's not hard to do. Just got to remove the fans, radiator and some hoses and clamps. It's like a 3 to 4 hour job.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

ddlopes

Ok... have you installed one already? Some was mentioned removal of the front bumper. Which I'd rather not do. Thanks for the reply
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

Jordan

Mine is installed yes. And you have to take off the bumper no other way

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: ddlopes on January 24, 2019, 08:55:28 AM
Ok... have you installed one already? Some was mentioned removal of the front bumper. Which I'd rather not do. Thanks for the reply
Yes I installed mine and yes bumper must be removed and I'd say removing the bumper is the easiest part it's like 6 screws and 4 clips.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

10bird

When do we get to hear about the reviews of these intercoolers?

ddlopes

Ok... I'm gonna have to do some research on removing the bumper, radiator and fans I guess...  thanks again for the info... one more thing did the install require any special tools?

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

mattr66

Quote from: 10bird on January 24, 2019, 02:37:47 PM
When do we get to hear about the reviews of these intercoolers?
Here's some data.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

ddlopes

Thanks Z... I'm nervous that I'd damage the bumper removing it. But it does look pretty simple. I'll have to watch a few YouTube videos first... lol

Jordan

If the bumper is your biggest worry, you may not want to tackle this job. The bumper is the easiest part.

SHOdded

I think we should be clear on terminology.  Are we removing the bumper COVER or the bumper?  Removing the bumper itself is a safety issue.  The COVER is easy peasy, but definitely suggest 2 people, underlayments to place the cover on, etc.  Not much required.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mattr66

Quote from: SHOdded on January 24, 2019, 05:44:22 PM
I think we should be clear on terminology.  Are we removing the bumper COVER or the bumper?  Removing the bumper itself is a safety issue.  The COVER is easy peasy, but definitely suggest 2 people, underlayments to place the cover on, etc.  Not much required.
Cover only, not the crash protection structure.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk