• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Intercooler for Transverse 3.5L Ecoboost

Started by mattr66, January 10, 2018, 02:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Will

Spoke to Matt today about my tune... I'm excited for what he's bringing to market.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

mattr66

Hey guys, I don't frequent this forum very often but the car in question has the prototype intercooler and xdi35 pump running on e30.  Factory turbos are maxed for the most part.  The drop in intercooler should retail around 650 plus shipping.

djxfactor

Quote from: mattr66 on January 24, 2018, 01:48:29 PM
Hey guys, I don't frequent this forum very often but the car in question has the prototype intercooler and xdi35 pump running on e30.  Factory turbos are maxed for the most part.  The drop in intercooler should retail around 650 plus shipping.

I think you're gonna have some customers lining up at that price point, myself included!
2014 Ford Flex Limited AWD EcoBoost - Full Amsoil Synthetic Fluids swap in engine and driveline, SCT X4 Tuner w/ multiple tunes for 93 + Meth, Dash-mount Tablet running Torque Pro Gauges w/ BT Wireless OBD Adapter, 170 T-stat, 3-Bar MAP sensor, Denso 1step Colder Spark Plugs, OBX Catless Downpipes, Magnaflow Downpipe-back 2.5" exhaust system, Magnaflow 2.5" X-Pipe, MDesign Carbon Direct Cold Air Intake (Latest Gen), UPR 3-way Catch Can System, Devil's Own Stage-2 3-Bar Methanol Injection System with custom Tank/Pump mount, EcoPowerParts Black powder-coated Charge Pipe kit, TIAL Q Race BOV in Ruby Red color-match, Power Stop Z23 Brake upgrade on all 4 corners with Drilled/Slotted Zinc Rotors and Carbon Fiber-infused Ceramic Pads with color-matched Ruby Red calipers, Moog upgraded Sway Bar Endlinks, lowered on Megan Racing EZ Street coilovers, SPC Rear Camber kit, Verde Axis V99 Bronze 20x9 wheels wrapped in 275/40 Nexens, Custom forged 4 1/2" spiked one-piece steel lugs, Kicker CompRT 12" Sub in custom spare tire-well box, Polk Audio Carbon C500.1 mono sub amp, All-Fit Front Lip Spoiler, 3D Carbon Rear Wing, Ruby Red vinyl wrapped interior trim, LED-lit "FLEX" Door Sills, Full LED Interior bulb swap, Red LED Accent lighting throughout, SpiderMax 3D Kagu black laser fit floor mats for all 3 rows, LED Puddle Light swap, Tinted LED Tails, Windows Tinted all around.

J-Will

1) are you selling the pump?
2) you need your logo splashed on the xdi pump page :)
3) if the 35 just about maxes out the turbo, is there headroom in the 35 for the larger turbos?  Or do you recommend the 60 for anyone planning to get larger turbos?
4) at $650 sounds like a heck of a deal for a drop in intercooler that performs ~50% better than stock (IIRC- prelim number show IAT within 30 degrees using the prototype versus 60+ on stock)
5) LMK when you're in the NoVA area, we need to get beers
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

mattr66

Quote from: J-Will on January 24, 2018, 04:32:18 PM

1) are you selling the pump?
2) you need your logo splashed on the xdi pump page :)
3) if the 35 just about maxes out the turbo, is there headroom in the 35 for the larger turbos?  Or do you recommend the 60 for anyone planning to get larger turbos?
4) at $650 sounds like a heck of a deal for a drop in intercooler that performs ~50% better than stock (IIRC- prelim number show IAT within 30 degrees using the prototype versus 60+ on stock)
5) LMK when you're in the NoVA area, we need to get beers
heck more like +80 with the stock intercooler..... I don't travel like I used to, so not getting near VA any time soon that I can think of.  I will be testing larger turbos next.. I'm at about 80% of the full pump capacity right now.

ZSHO

Group Buy perhaps! Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

GIGANTORE

FoMoCoSHO

So when you say drop in I assume replacing the stocker?

autobahn terror

I am definitely down for the group buy option if that ever materializes
2014 PP, Dicunzolo Gen2 Mounts, Gear Head Intercooler, EcoPowerParts Charge Pipes w/Meth Bung @1GPH, Hennessy KnN CAI W/RECIRC, Alky controls meth injection, Lightly Ported Intake drilled and tapped for Port Meth Injection 1GPH per Cylinder, XDI EVO HPFP, Deathwerks 340LPH intank LPFP, ATP Turbos, EPP Catless DownPipes, Corsa CAT Back, 160TSTAT, 3BAR MAP, Stock Ignition coils, SP542 plugs .028, UPR Catch Can, MEGAN Coilovers,  Power Stop Z23 Brake Kit, 93octane Dynotune @ 430AWHP/430AWTQ...Soon to be much more

StealBlueSho

I got money..... :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 30, 2018, 11:25:08 PM
So when you say drop in I assume replacing the stocker?
matts comment regarding the IC on face book. .

"It is stock size end tanks with the core going all the way to the end of the tank and is bar and plate instead of tube and fin.
Core is gaining 40% more volume but close to 120% more surface area. "
direct drop in place of stock intercooler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

bpd1151

I would be in for a group buy as well, based upon the improved efficiency and apparent ease of installation/stock location.

Advise when deposits are being taken.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

irondoor19

Group Buy, Group Buy, Group Buy... Count Me In....
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

jbrown9999

I'm in!  Finished my alimony this year.  Now the fun begins!!
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

Macgyver

Quote from: jbrown9999 on January 31, 2018, 04:26:07 PM
I'm in!  Finished my alimony this year.  Now the fun begins!!

All that Alimony being wasted every year on Shoes and womens cloths and not car parts. Travesty !!!