• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Intercooler for Transverse 3.5L Ecoboost

Started by mattr66, January 10, 2018, 02:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

Any details on the install? im 'interested' .. but not if its a pita.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Vortech347

Quote from: TopherSho on October 31, 2018, 11:35:52 AM
Any details on the install? im 'interested' .. but not if its a pita.

Even if it's a PITA you'll gain 30-40hp on a hot day easy...
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

StealBlueSho

Apparently it's not hard... there are two ways... one involved following the correct procedures and draining the coolant...

The other is removing the bumper support but doesn't require draining the coolant... but you need to break a couple spot welds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macgyver

Quote from: StealBlueSho on October 31, 2018, 01:06:51 PM
Apparently it's not hard... there are two ways... one involved following the correct procedures and draining the coolant...

The other is removing the bumper support but doesn't require draining the coolant... but you need to break a couple spot welds.

Spot welds that can be nut and bolted back together ?

Agentlongwood

Any new word on the price/availability/etc for this sucker?  Not that I'm anxious to find out details or anything, lol.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

SM105K

Quote from: Agentlongwood on November 04, 2018, 09:48:58 PM
Any new word on the price/availability/etc for this sucker?  Not that I'm anxious to find out details or anything, lol.

Everyone is dude.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Jordan

Quote from: Macgyver on October 31, 2018, 03:41:46 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on October 31, 2018, 01:06:51 PM

Spot welds that can be nut and bolted back together ?

Yes the support that you break the welds on bolts right back into place with no need to reweld
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

Jordan

Not sure on date just yet but he said 50 units and $800 a pop. He is having me do an installation video for him and I have not heard anything yet

limited02

Quote from: Jordan on November 05, 2018, 12:16:37 PM

Not sure on date just yet but he said 50 units and $800 a pop. He is having me do an installation video for him and I have not heard anything yet

I look forward to your results of how it all works out!  We aren't too far from each other and if this works like it's supposed to, I may bite the bullet and do it myself.  Maybe even drive out and have you help ;-)

Jordan

Haha sure but I'm just a garage diy guy lol

limited02

Quote from: Jordan on November 06, 2018, 11:24:05 AM
Haha sure but I'm just a garage diy guy lol
Same here and I've done far more complicated swaps than this would be, but an experienced helping hand never hurts!

SHOdded

Who do we know in the area that has a lift in his garage, and a police interceptor, and auxiliary fans for cooling?  Y'all should have a meetup there and make a party out of it!  Hmmmm ... LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

FWIW the install looks pretty straight forward on the F150 platform!

Side note I guess my patience is thinning unless I hit the 11's prior to this being released!  Z  ;)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nf5tgjKsj345wvBayxXJTUsJWtmRDwk4/view?usp=drivesdk

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Jordan

You have to pull the radiator out to put it in. Unless you want to drill a couple spot clamps/welds on the front bash bar. (IMO best way, but the poll i made for the installation video method nobody wanted to do that) The whole two piece system thing is a mega PITA because it wraps around the radiator and is wedged between the radiator and the ac condenser radiator.

ZSHO

Quote from: Jordan on November 07, 2018, 04:41:41 PM
You have to pull the radiator out to put it in. Unless you want to drill a couple spot clamps/welds on the front bash bar. (IMO best way, but the poll i made for the installation video method nobody wanted to do that) The whole two piece system thing is a mega PITA because it wraps around the radiator and is wedged between the radiator and the ac condenser radiator.
I figured that @ best! Probably meant for a weekend warrior project! Thanks for the update.  Z 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|